ADVERTISEMENT

With WC forfeit does this signal is that 1a football has quit competing, and willing to concede the title to Riverhead yearly ? Just asking

If you knew Coach Broggin at William Campbell, you would know that he would never duck an opponent. They had to quarantine because a player tested positive for COVID. In the other thread, I posted an article from the Lynchburg newspaper, and he has some words about the situation in there.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
The local paper today cites COVID as the reason for the forfeit. I would think players who really love the sport would never "give up" and would want to keep playing and keep believing in themselves until their final game.

Has the 1a football quit ?
I cant imagine WC quitting, we took our lumps from them for several years when Bradley coached them, one to the tune of like 63-7 and it wasnt that close. They are always a scrappy bunch and have always had the speed to beat you. If coach says its covid related I believe him. I think some teams this year have abused the covid excuse but I truly dont think WC did. I mean they play Appo every year so Im sure their not afraid of Riverheads.

Reactions: gwb16
No quit in William Campbell or any Class 1 High School Coaches. Those guys are wired to compete. W. Campbell has been hit with the Covid Bug, and it's as simple as that. If you have to quarantine, then you have to quarantine and if quarantined, you can't be at a football game. Simple as that in my opinion; otherwise, William Campbell or any other Class 1 team that would have been on the schedule would have also shown up and given their best.

I wonder if the Sussex kids didn't want to play Riverheads and quit and only scored 12 points in the WC game so they wouldn't have to travel the next week for a beat down?

I for one don't think that or think WC has laid out. Kids want to play the game. Sure, people can assume Riverheads is gonna win but the kids and Coaches want their shot.

Were teams afraid to play Surry around 2000? Were teams afraid to play WC in the 2000s? Altavista in their run? Appomattox over in Class 2? No.

Also, notice off all the dominate teams that were just listed off there. Someday even Riverheads will be mentioned on a list like that, talking about the past.

Reactions: lyhsports
I cant imagine WC quitting, we took our lumps from them for several years when Bradley coached them, one to the tune of like 63-7 and it wasnt that close. They are always a scrappy bunch and have always had the speed to beat you. If coach says its covid related I believe him. I think some teams this year have abused the covid excuse but I truly dont think WC did. I mean they play Appo every year so Im sure their not afraid of Riverheads.
Current coach for WC played for Bradley when they won those 2 state championships.

I wonder if the Sussex kids didn't want to play Riverheads and quit and only scored 12 points in the WC game so they wouldn't have to travel the next week for a beat down?

I for one don't think that or think WC has laid out. Kids want to play the game. Sure, people can assume Riverheads is gonna win but the kids and Coaches want their shot.

Were teams afraid to play Surry around 2000? Were teams afraid to play WC in the 2000s? Altavista in their run? Appomattox over in Class 2? No.

Also, notice off all the dominate teams that were just listed off there. Someday even Riverheads will be mentioned on a list like that, talking about the past.
WC did what they suppose to do , Jefferson had 12 excellent freshman on the field with more strength on the way , next year I promise MY Tigers will bring it .

No doubt about that. The group you guys had a couple years ago were hammers. And it’s good to see you posting it’s been too long. Me and another poster on here were wondering where you had been. Miss the back and forth with ya my friend. You still doing the youth thing too?

Reactions: trutiger16
No doubt about that. The group you guys had a couple years ago were hammers. And it’s good to see you posting it’s been too long. Me and another poster on here were wondering where you had been. Miss the back and forth with ya my friend. You still doing the youth thing too?
Yes sir we play for a championship o Saturday building strong competitive talent to take down the Red Machine , if everyone else scared tell them get in Sussex Pocket , my message at every preseason workout is about Riverhead iron sharpens iron , Sussex will arrive my friend !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT