ADVERTISEMENT

Woodgrove vs. Sherando

I though that was what you told me earlier in the season.. Thanks.

Have you or anyone heard anything about injuries at Sherando? I heard Entsminger may have been banged up. And a RB?
Entsminger did not return to the game, looked pretty bad, needed help off the field. Was on crutches the rest of the time with an ice bag taped to his knee. I’d say he is questionable. RB Washington should be fine, he ended up coming back in after the half and was the work horse.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I though that was what you told me earlier in the season.. Thanks.

Have you or anyone heard anything about injuries at Sherando? I heard Entsminger may have been banged up. And a RB?
QB left game in 3rd Qtr. of K.R. game to ice bum knee.
#1 RB came out before halftime of K.R. game with help but returned in second half to lead team to victory along with 2nd string QB.

Both guys were at our game today with QB on crutches. I hope everyone can play next week!

QB left game in 3rd Qtr. of K.R. game to ice bum knee.
#1 RB came out before halftime of K.R. game with help but returned in second half to lead team to victory along with 2nd string QB.

Both guys were at our game today with QB on crutches. I hope everyone can play next week!
Agreed. It’s no fun when you can’t play a team at its best. That’s the reason I hate seeing dirty play.

Reactions: Tom Potter
Agreed. It’s no fun when you can’t play a team at its best. That’s the reason I hate seeing dirty play.

@BigBWincCity I have seen the game tape. Play #75 of the game was a clean tackle by #8 and #44. Hunter tried to dodge a LB blitz to avoid the sack and went down. I don’t see anything odd or unsportsmanlike. I am confused what your commenting about dirty play by Kettle Run.

Reactions: VerizonSportsFan
@BigBWincCity I have seen the game tape. Play #75 of the game was a clean tackle by #8 and #44. Hunter tried to dodge a LB blitz to avoid the sack and went down. I don’t see anything odd or unsportsmanlike. I am confused what your commenting about dirty play by Kettle Run.
Kettle Run was evidently targeting people all game, same things happened the first time around. I’ll be the first to say they are one of the best teams, and the best defense Sherando has played so far this year, but that doesn’t mean that they are without fault. Millbrook plays the same way but dirtier, I’m hoping the KR coach will learn to keep his players in check. That’s not to mention the ridiculous acting at the end of the game. They need to learn how to deal with losses.

Kettle Run was evidently targeting people all game, same things happened the first time around. I’ll be the first to say they are one of the best teams, and the best defense Sherando has played so far this year, but that doesn’t mean that they are without fault. Millbrook plays the same way but dirtier, I’m hoping the KR coach will learn to keep his players in check. That’s not to mention the ridiculous acting at the end of the game. They need to learn how to deal with losses.
Discipline!

Reactions: BigBWincCity
@BigBWincCity I didnt want to sidetrack the Woodgrove/Sherando game discussion but now I am getting angry I disagree with your comments and how you are portraying Kettle Run or any other team because a star player gets injured. It’s wrong.

Your basically calling out Kettle Run for Targeting or “Evidently targeting”. When and Where? These games are on film. I don’t see it. What I did see was physical play by both teams. Any Accusations of dirty play of any team and coaches allowing it without some type proof is dishonorable of the game. Not one personal foul penalty for targeting, spearing, or unsportsmanlike type penalties were called on Kettle Run in both games against Sherando this year.

I totally get that Hunter is the key to a state title run but to blame another team for his injuries (which he had since Martinsburg) and call foul play when it never happened, I just cannot stand for or understand.

Again, I apologize that I high jacked your post but This one is a tough discussion topic that struck a nerve.

Reactions: schoolboard
@BigBWincCity I didnt want to sidetrack the Woodgrove/Sherando game discussion but now I am getting angry I disagree with your comments and how you are portraying Kettle Run or any other team because a star player gets injured. It’s wrong.

Your basically calling out Kettle Run for Targeting or “Evidently targeting”. When and Where? These games are on film. I don’t see it. What I did see was physical play by both teams. Any Accusations of dirty play of any team and coaches allowing it without some type proof is dishonorable of the game. Not one personal foul penalty for targeting, spearing, or unsportsmanlike type penalties were called on Kettle Run in both games against Sherando this year.

I totally get that Hunter is the key to a state title run but to blame another team for his injuries (which he had since Martinsburg) and call foul play when it never happened, I just cannot stand for or understand.

Again, I apologize that I high jacked your post but This one is a tough discussion topic that struck a nerve.
You didn’t high jack my post. I was at both games, and I saw it with my eyes, that’s my proof. Many others saw this stuff at the games. And many saw the KR player that was taunting the Warrior crowd. It’s fine to get excited and to pump up your fans, but disrespectful to taunt the opposing fans. KR has a clear discipline issue, like Millbrook. I’m not surprised there wasn’t any calls against KR, there wasn’t any the first game, and maybe 1 in the Millbrook game. Sherando has dealt with awful officiating for years.

You didn’t high jack my post. I was at both games, and I saw it with my eyes, that’s my proof. Many others saw this stuff at the games. And many saw the KR player that was taunting the Warrior crowd. It’s fine to get excited and to pump up your fans, but disrespectful to taunt the opposing fans. KR has a clear discipline issue, like Millbrook. I’m not surprised there wasn’t any calls against KR, there wasn’t any the first game, and maybe 1 in the Millbrook game. Sherando has dealt with awful officiating for years.

I totally understand your opinion about smack talk and taunting. In most cases I agree and find it embarrassing. Unfortunately, it’s becoming more and more in football. The Cougars were flagged many times this year for BS smack talk. This is something that should be looked at?? I don’t know because I don’t know the coaches or kids. I will say that Fauquier, James Woods, and both Millbrook games was really bad with talking on both sides this year. Its totally not needed!

But taunting and talking on the field is much different then trying to purposely hurt an opponent which is what started my rant/response. Your first posts were about how a KR player purposely hurt the QB to knock him out of the game and then implied how our coaches wouldn’t try to stop bad behavior. I clearly understand that you see the field differently then any other opponent fans but to accuse a team (any team) and coaches of unsportsmanlike play without proof is seen as offensive comments and going to be defended. At least by this fan.

At the end of this, we both are both in agreement that less talk and more clean play is the best thing for High School football. Now on to Woodgrove.

You all know the saying “ if you can’t beat em, join them!” I am rooting for the conference champs to represent 4c to bring home a title.

I totally understand your opinion about smack talk and taunting. In most cases I agree and find it embarrassing. Unfortunately, it’s becoming more and more in football. The Cougars were flagged many times this year for BS smack talk. This is something that should be looked at?? I don’t know because I don’t know the coaches or kids. I will say that Fauquier, James Woods, and both Millbrook games was really bad with talking on both sides this year. Its totally not needed!

But taunting and talking on the field is much different then trying to purposely hurt an opponent which is what started my rant/response. Your first posts were about how a KR player purposely hurt the QB to knock him out of the game and then implied how our coaches wouldn’t try to stop bad behavior. I clearly understand that you see the field differently then any other opponent fans but to accuse a team (any team) and coaches of unsportsmanlike play without proof is seen as offensive comments and going to be defended. At least by this fan.

At the end of this, we both are both in agreement that less talk and more clean play is the best thing for High School football. Now on to Woodgrove.

You all know the saying “ if you can’t beat em, join them!” I am rooting for the conference champs to represent 4c to bring home a title.
I did see some unsportsmanlike stuff on the field Friday, but we can agree to disagree. But like I said, it was nothing compared to what I've seen from Millbrook. James Wood tends to do it too, but not as bad as Millbrook either. Regardless, I think all teams should be more respectful.

"Its totally not needed!"

Amen! Some of the kids from Woodgroove feel the need to talk smack the entire game! It has gotten better in recent weeks but earlier in the year we were getting at least two unsportsmanlike penalties per game!

Guys, just let your play do the talking!

Reactions: falcettik
Since we have a great Sherando following we all know about the Warriors injuries.

@Tom Potter did Woodgrove suffer any major injuries that we should talk about for Friday?

I am not aware of any significant new injuries to our team from yesterday's game.

Woodgrove did lose its quickest halfback to a season ending ankle injury earlier in the year (Tuscorora) .
This injury has forced our offense to play a more methodical, smash mouth style of football.

Unfortunately, unsportmanslike actions happen in every single game and likely by both teams; some just aren’t detected.

I didn’t see the game but the no-call on the safety is unfortunate but as others pointed out should not be the defining factor. I was baffled about a Sherando penalty that negated a 55 yard screen play in the first half. Maybe it was justified but from what I heard it shouldn’t have been called.

In reference to the game: Sherando was very fortunate to escape that one. And I stand by my previous comments in that their defense is not built to win a championship. You better believe Woodgrove will not drop those passes that KR did. Woodgrove hung more than 40 on the Tusky team that beat Stone Bridge.

Healthy or not, I hate to say it but unless Hall is ready to make several adjustments Woodgrove will handle this one by keeping the momentum, executing the plays on offense that they should, and putting defensive pressure on a Sherando offense that has difficulty picking up blitzes.

As far as the “targeting” issues, I find it hard to believe that 2 good programs would ever involve targeting in the game plan, not saying it would be in the game plan but the accusations of it is kind of a reach, kids/players get hurt, it’s the risk/reward of playing this game, I feel that a lot of us have played this game or coached at some level here in this board, and sure, it’s not a clean game all the time, I do find it hard to believe that anyone from either team would do this, hope Hunter is okay and can play this week, if not, it’s part of the game, next man up. Sorry, just my opinion on the matter

All I am saying is Chacai came in after Hunter went down and KR couldn’t stop him and the Sherando train. Everybody needs to relax , Sherando will give the best effort possible , and you will see a heavy Dose of Jojo , TJ, and the Payne train. I don’t care who you are , it won’t be easy to stop . And Chacai throws a nice pass

WHY????? Not everybody gets that Friday off!!! GEEZ!!!
Not everybody gets any day of the week off. With all due respect, teams don’t schedule games to accommodate fans. They schedule them for a time that is in the best interest of their team first and far most. Can’t please everyone.

All I am saying is Chacai came in after Hunter went down and KR couldn’t stop him and the Sherando train. Everybody needs to relax , Sherando will give the best effort possible , and you will see a heavy Dose of Jojo , TJ, and the Payne train. I don’t care who you are , it won’t be easy to stop . And Chacai throws a nice pass
But wasn’t the KR score 16-14?

Yes, you are right. Its also hard for a defense to adjust to a totally differnet look than what they prepared for. Woodgrove will have game plans in place for either QB.
Also, I didn't see that train putting a lot points with either QB on Friday night. Woodgrove will be a totally different test, if memory serves me last time the Sherando train played Woodgrove they got blow out at home after a bye week to prepare.

Yes, you are right. Its also hard for a defense to adjust to a totally differnet look than what they prepared for. Woodgrove will have game plans in place for either QB.
Also, I didn't see that train putting a lot points with either QB on Friday night. Woodgrove will be a totally different test, if memory serves me last time the Sherando train played Woodgrove they got blow out at home after a bye week to prepare.

HAHA!!!! Loving the name

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT