ADVERTISEMENT

Your top 5 in the west

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
Who are your top 5 in the West at this point in know its really early but lets get the talking going. The season is just a few weeks away this is my top 5 so far

1. Honaker
2. Radford
3. GW
4.Galax
5.Auburn
To me 2 and 3 are pretty much even at this point but we will find out week 1 at GW. This is not to start crap just to start a little conversation all opinions are welcome.

The west is going to be very competitive this year Patrik Henry is going to be solid and so is J I Burton they could easily be in the top 5!

But I pretty much have mine the same as yours.

I agree the West will be a ton of fun to watch and should be very competitive. And yeah I would say Burton is one of the teams that's not being talked about a lot but could really give some teams trouble. I'm just glad we only have a couple weeks until kickoff lol

Who are your top 5 in the West at this point in know its really early but lets get the talking going. The season is just a few weeks away this is my top 5 so far

1. Honaker
2. Radford
3. GW
4.Galax
5.Auburn
To me 2 and 3 are pretty much even at this point but we will find out week 1 at GW. This is not to start crap just to start a little conversation all opinions are welcome.
I would put Parry McClure and J I Burton in the top 5, Auburn in top 10.

I could see Burton in the top 5 as I think they and Auburn are about even. But idk about PM from what I've heard they should be down a good bit from a great season last year. Is this true? I'm not to familiar with them

Without seeing a single game yet:

1. Honaker
2. Parry Mccluer
3. Galax
4. GW
5. Fort Chiswell

The championship will be won by an East team though. In fact, if they are still cross-bracketing this year, it will be two East teams in the championship.

I don't think Fort will be a top 5 team this year since they are breaking in a first time head coach.

The East is the pivot point right now with a lot of great teams. But if someone from the West can really take hold and play at the peak of their ability we have a few teams who can cause big problems for any team in the state. As said above no one has seen any real games yet maybe a scrimmage or two but no team shows much of anything at a scrimmage. So we all have to wait a few more weeks to get our fix if you will lol. As far as fc they have to replace a good bit of their really good players like Ward and Turner so it will be interesting to see how they do with the changes.

I would put Parry McClure and J I Burton in the top 5, Auburn in top 10.
I personally am not sure if Auburn is or will be a top 5 or top 10 team this year in the West when all is said and done. I do believe they will be very competitive, more physical and will make the playoffs again. It has taken Coach Turner some time to change the "losing" culture that was so deeply embedded at Auburn and the kids are seemingly starting to drink the kool-aid per say. If Coach Turner is ever fortunate enough to get some speed at Auburn then we would certainly be having a different conversation. What I find funny about this and all of your post (Cougar Ed) is you seem to at random pop up on this board and talk out of both sides of your neck and act like you have the "inside" scoop on all things Auburn and Coach Turner. You I assume are a PC Cougar fan and a "so-called" Coach Turner fan/supporter yet you come on this board and seem to always praise and yet degrade to some degree slight Auburn in your post. If my memory serves me correctly you are the one that came on this board last year and had Coach Turner getting out of coaching due to health problems (which I am sure he really appreciated that) and seemingly giving up coaching. I am not sure what your motive(s) are by speaking on certain things on this type of forum but it certainly rubs me the wrong way being a (TRUE) Auburn and Coach Turner supporter. You are certainly entitled to voice your opinions but I just felt compelled to voice mine. Good luck to all teams this year and I hope it is a fun and exciting year to observe. GO EAGLES.

Ok ill ask a new question out of the top5 that most of us have with GW, Honaker, Radford, and Galax. Which game between these 5 or so teams are you looking forward to the most for me it's GW vs Radford

I personally am not sure if Auburn is or will be a top 5 or top 10 team this year in the West when all is said and done. I do believe they will be very competitive, more physical and will make the playoffs again. It has taken Coach Turner some time to change the "losing" culture that was so deeply embedded at Auburn and the kids are seemingly starting to drink the kool-aid per say. If Coach Turner is ever fortunate enough to get some speed at Auburn then we would certainly be having a different conversation. What I find funny about this and all of your post (Cougar Ed) is you seem to at random pop up on this board and talk out of both sides of your neck and act like you have the "inside" scoop on all things Auburn and Coach Turner. You I assume are a PC Cougar fan and a "so-called" Coach Turner fan/supporter yet you come on this board and seem to always praise and yet degrade to some degree slight Auburn in your post. If my memory serves me correctly you are the one that came on this board last year and had Coach Turner getting out of coaching due to health problems (which I am sure he really appreciated that) and seemingly giving up coaching. I am not sure what your motive(s) are by speaking on certain things on this type of forum but it certainly rubs me the wrong way being a (TRUE) Auburn and Coach Turner supporter. You are certainly entitled to voice your opinions but I just felt compelled to voice mine. Good luck to all teams this year and I hope it is a fun and exciting year to observe. GO EAGLES.
Yes I am a cougar fan and Turner fan, I like you understand that Auburn with the lack of speed and overall talent will not be a west contender. It does not diminish the unbelievable job he has done.

Coach Turner knows that he will likely never have that "speed" needed to compete with the teams that do. He has the opinion that his team must be much stronger and more physical that the others to offset that as much as possible. I agree with him. And, we'll see how far that can take Auburn this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT