ADVERTISEMENT

2A Boys: Dan River 64 Appomattox 55 - FINAL in OT

Wow. You really just posted that losing Tremaine Edmunds wasn't a big loss?? Kick your heels 3 times and come on back to Kansas.

Reactions: AntGZee
DR beat us when DR didn't have Anderson or Womble, so I don't want to hear someone was injured. We beat DR in the Christmas tournament when u had ur compliment of players. To say Edmunds is no loss, is totally off. Ur fooling urself.

Last edited:
Reactions: James Holland
Ikr. He's totally delusional with that statement. I'm over here laughing about that comment. Loosing T Edmunds is a major loss.

T.Edumunds got the best of the match up in the Western Conference finals. When that match up came about in that state championship, then Holland was the better player. When Edmunds got in foul trouble then Holland kept his onslaught going. Dan River doesn't have Edmunds this year. I would love to know who plans to check Holland lol. The thing is, the rest of the kids in the line up can shoot and create their own shoot. I also have to mention that the players are very unselfish on the offensive end. They play good enough D to keep most teams at bay. Dawgs have played very good teams this year. Losses to Radford, Northside and GW Danville prepared them for the playoffs. Other than Eastern Alamance and Appo, who else tough has DR played?
It's hard to disagree with the truth. You're right, they haven't played anybody but I said that in 2014 when they won the state championship LOL...I haven't seen DR play but once this year and they're not going to beat you by outscoring you, they're going to by defense. A part of the reason I said that they're better than last year is the fact that they play great defense and they're physical. Zemar and Womble will also be a difference maker.

I'm not here to argue or to name call or anything....In my honest opinion, by playing with him, watching him, and observing his game, he is not a game changer. He was physical and a good rebounder...He'd get a couple garbage baskets here and there, but definitely not life or death to their team.

I'm not arguing nor will I call names. I'm simply giving my humble opinion.

If Murphy is smart then he will do what GW did when they played Martinsville in Danville. Man to man, play aggressive, use their athleticism and attack Holland to get him in foul trouble. DR doesn't have the guard play of GW so I don't know how they will match up against M'ville's defense. Sure Murphy is getting pointers from Parsons. That's about the only way to beat Martinsville.

I will say this and then it's nite nite. GW had to save face and try their best not to take an L from Martinsville to go 0-4 against the city of Martinsville. GW in no way, shape or form stopped Holland. GW won the game by 4 points. So that game could have went either way. A few turnovers hurt us and a lil bit of bad shot selection hurt. Other than that. I liked the effort. Time will tell what's what. The common opponent is Appomattox. We all know what Martinsville just did to them. Game was over with at Half time.

I know all the teams left have at least 3 games left to play, but after going to watch Gate City-Richlands game tonight, Martinsville and DR should be focused on Gate City and Graham Friday night or they may meet in the consolation game on Saturday. The teams in Swva are no joke this year, and all Dogs fans know what the G-Men almost did to us last year

Martinsville is focused on winning a championship, we're not focusing on Dan River. Martinsville is no joke. What someone almost did means nothing.

You are right Ant, I'm wrong. Sure they are totally focused on nothing but the championship, and they are no joke even though I never said they were. But what someone almost did is important. They went to Richlands to play Graham last year not focused and came within a banked in 3 by Bradley and a fumbled pass out of bounds by Graham on a wide open layup with 3 seconds to go from not advancing to the regional championship against DR. Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. We have got to take it one game at a time, treat every game as a championship game and good things will happen.

I think they remember the Graham game. Focused is what they need to be, so I agree. We'll see how it all plays out. I saw a group of kids last nite that wanted to win. They play like that from here on out then I feel bad for whomever has to play them.

Excuse me!!!! Didn't Martinsville beat Dan River for the state championship last year? The Dan River team from last year is better than this one by far.
I don't think they heard you..... All I'm going to say is whoever THEY are when they play my
I will say this and then it's nite nite. GW had to save face and try their best not to take an L from Martinsville to go 0-4 against the city of Martinsville. GW in no way, shape or form stopped Holland. GW won the game by 4 points. So that game could have went either way. A few turnovers hurt us and a lil bit of bad shot selection hurt. Other than that. I liked the effort. Time will tell what's what. The common opponent is Appomattox. We all know what Martinsville just did to them. Game was over with at Half time.
Well said my friend, I don't know who this cat has been watching..

Reactions: AntGZee
U mentioned a lot of variables of how Martinsville almost lost but that's part of basketball. It's call execution. The purpose of playing any sport is execution, in an attempt to win a ball game.

I'm confused..Who was giving variables on how Martinsville almost loss? If it's directed at me I just said that I think this year will be closer because DR has 2 good players back. I'm neutral here. I could careless who wins because I would like to see athletes from both teams be successful. Nobody is bashing Martinsville, I have never said anything but positive about Martinsville.

I hope u and ur family members are doing well. I heard about the storm.

It's hrsepasture1 Mr. Ant. Have not said anything bad about the Dogs, just offering my "humbled" opinion on the games coming up. Sorry but it seems I have offended some Dogs fans and in no way did I mean to do that. I'll refrain from posting the rest of the post season . Ant hope y'all can get to Wise to see Mavahi play Friday. I'll be there, hope y'all are. Lastly my prayers go out to all the families affected by the storms that moved thru Appomattox Co this afternoon. It has looked very bad on the t.v. coverage and I pray that everyone is ok. One more thing for that community to have to persevere thru. It's been a tough year or so for Raider nation. My thoughts are with you.

No offense taken here. Post all u want. This site is used to post opinions.

It's hrsepasture1 Mr. Ant. Have not said anything bad about the Dogs, just offering my "humbled" opinion on the games coming up. Sorry but it seems I have offended some Dogs fans and in no way did I mean to do that. I'll refrain from posting the rest of the post season . Ant hope y'all can get to Wise to see Mavahi play Friday. I'll be there, hope y'all are. Lastly my prayers go out to all the families affected by the storms that moved thru Appomattox Co this afternoon. It has looked very bad on the t.v. coverage and I pray that everyone is ok. One more thing for that community to have to persevere thru. It's been a tough year or so for Raider nation. My thoughts are with you.
Thank you, i was out there all day helping.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT