4A East rd 3 Eastern View @ Lafayette Saturday at 2pm

Who wins

• Eastern View

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Lafayette

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters
The latest updated roster for the Grafton re

The latest roster for the later regular season Grafton game has #72 and #69 at 6 4", #57 at 6 1", #9 at 6 2", these are the front 4 D. #2 - w/r Grimsley at 6 2", my 2015 roster had him at 5 10". R/b #45- Kyle Johnson is extremely fast and in the open field can out run most anybody. The 6 4" on offense is #54 - all conference. Lafayette usually has accurate updated listing throughout the season.

I see. I'm not sure there is any such thing as "accurate updating" by the teams themselves :) Typically the recruiting sites will have measurements that the kids may have gotten at camps. Those seem to be more accurate. No biggie, doesn't make them any less scary.

I see. I'm not sure there is any such thing as "accurate updating" by the teams themselves :) Typically the recruiting sites will have measurements that the kids may have gotten at camps. Those seem to be more accurate. No biggie, doesn't make them any less scary.

When they all line up on Sat we see if any "padding" was done! Our rosters are updated a couple of times during the year as they are single sheet inserts in the program- most of the changes are deletions for players that are "gone"- these are the mysterious blanks that show up on the roster listing. Very noticeable!

At being at all the games, JF runs the Bone. Courtland is a very traditional Wing T. And so is King George. EV did struggle ininitially against Courtland last year as Courtland broke off a couple large TD runs to start the game but once EV adjusted is was tougher sledding. A Bone team the QB is a total participant and runner. In a Wing T the QB is a manager and runs traffic control. lol. Not sure about Lafeyettes QB but usually the way it goes. The O Line concepts are similar though.

What is meant by power spread is EV runs a traditional 4 and 5 WR sets, along with a 2 back look, however, their O Line does a lot of pulling and trapping, which you don't see often in a spread look as most teams just run zone blocking.

This game comes down to EVs defensive line and backers recognizing and finding the ball. Simply put. If that happens EV are going to get their points as they can run so much different stuff at you.

I did notice Lafayette has slot of players going both ways. In years past EV who faces teams that slot of players go both ways wear you down in the 4th quarter. That OLine eventually just pounds you. I think Chancellor felt this last week a little with all their two way players.

The D line of 4 players only go one way. The DB's do go both ways. The LB are a mix.

Thanks. Good to know. Looks like a good day for football. What's the game time temp going to be down there?

Thanks. Good to know. Looks like a good day for football. What's the game time temp going to be down there?
Low 50's and right now very windy, not sure if it will calm down. It can windy at our field!

Lafayette, I met two guys nice fellows (coaches/fans) from your school last night. Enjoy talking to them and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

How do see your game playing out today. Hopefully, DP and I will be making the trip to see the game. Good luck to both teams.

First the wind is suppose to be gusting to 13mph and steady at 10. Our field feels that wind so passing will be an adventure for all. I see us using the wing T with the Qb both under center and shotgun to test whether the inside runs, sweeps or pitch outs work best. I think we will quickly see how EV covers VT recruit to either pass to him or use him on runs. On defense this will be only the 2nd or third time against the spread. The key will be the Qb pressure we can bring with our LB's. With our aggressive defense, screens and draws can burn us. I think we have enough to win but we will need to adjust during the game a little faster than we usually do. Too often we start out slow, that could be fatal today. The paper down here called Lafayette 28-21. Maybe.

Yes, happy birthday my friend. Nothing personal, but I really hope you don't get your birthday wish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT