ADVERTISEMENT

6A South: (1) Oscar Smith 29 (2) Ocean Lakes 19 - FINAL (UPSET Seed-wise)

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
7:27 to go 1st Q - Oscar Smith 6, Ocean Lakes 0.

DeAngelo White 4-yard TD run, PAT no good. A 5-play, 54-yard drive in 1:53.

Oscar Smith only takes :36 to score again.

A 40 yard pass from Shon Mitchell to Kevin Todd, and the successful PAT, makes the score Oscar Smith 13, Ocean Lakes 0 with 1:30 left in the 1st quarter.

Oscar Smith converts a 4th and 10 into a 35 yard Shon Mitchell to Khalik Perry TD pass

PAT good.

Oscar Smith 20 Ocean Lakes 0 - 4:01 3rd Q

Oscar Smith 20 Ocean Lakes 6 - End 3rd Q

Ocean Lakes gets on the board on the final play of the 3rd quarter with a 30 yard pass

Ocean Lakes drives 80 yards in 11 plays...the drive capped by a Jake Low 14 yard run. PAT good.

Oscar Smith 20 Ocean Lakes 13 - 7:18 4thQ

Oscar Smith 20, Ocean Lakes 13 - 6:36 left in the game. Smith has the ball at the Ocean Lakes 37.

Khalan Laborn now has 28 carries for 206 yards, and Ocean Lakes has over 300 total rushing yards.

However, the Dolphins still trail 20-13 with 4:25 left in the game.

The Dolphins have also been penalized 15 times for 138 yards.

Ocean Lakes has now been penalized for a 16 time, bringing up a 4th and 7 at the Oscar Smith 34 with 3:38 left.

The Dolphins trail 20-13.

Dolphins keep the drive alive with a 19 yard pass. Dolphins at the Tiger 10 with 2:29 left

Khalan Laborn scores from 6 yards out to cap a 14 play Ocean Lakes drive, but the PAT hits the uprights!!!!
Oscar Smith 20, Ocean Lakes 19 - 1:23 left in the game.
Khalan Laborn now has 35 carries for 225 yards.

Larry Chapel returns the Ocean Lakes onside kick all the way to the 2 yard line

Tigers first and goal with 1:16

Oscar Smith scores on a 2 yard Kourtney Johnson TD run. PAT good. With 1:04 left in the game...Oscar Smith 27, Ocean Lakes 19.

The ensuing Oscar Smith kickoff was bouncing towards the end zone, but an Ocean Lakes kick returner picked it up at the 2 yard line. He got chased into the end zone where he tried to forward pass it to another player. That penalty in the end zone results in a safety, 2 points to Oscar Smith, and a 29-19 lead with 0:52 left in the game. And Ocean Lakes must kick the ball to Oscar Smith after the safety.

Oscar Smith takes two knees after receiving the free kick, and that's the ball game

FINAL: OSCAR SMITH 29 OCEAN LAKES 19

Yea Matt -Ocean Lakes (6A), Hampton (5A) and Ponax (5A) all go down on the same night - wow

Yea Matt -Ocean Lakes (6A), Hampton (5A) and Ponax (5A) all go down on the same night - wow
I wasn't stunned by 'Ponax losing. I don't have a strong opinion of those Spotsy, Stafford, Prince William 5A and 6A schools right now. I also thought the Hampton game would be a toss up. Peninsula district has gotten pretty darn soft, in my opinion, but I was stunned by Ocean Lakes losing. I probably shouldn't have been, I mean it's Oscar Smith, we all know what Oscar Smith can do.

Oscar smith is a good team, well coached and has matured as the season has gone. The best thing about it all, there doing it with ateam full of sophomores and juniors. Tiger strong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT