ADVERTISEMENT

A special matchup for Dinwiddie starts this year.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
As the final regular season game for at least the next two years, Colonial Heights/Dinwiddie will be exciting and well attended. Why, you might ask?

Yeah, it certainly looks like a lopsided matchup, based on the past, but...!

Lest you forget, long term former Dinwiddie assistant Coach, Buzz Edwards, is now at the helm for the Colonials.

Another Dinwiddie coaching alumni proved that anything is possible with the right game plan and good execution. Coach Henderson brought the Chiefs from Monacan down to Dinwiddie, and left with the unlikely victory. We all know that graduation takes its toll, but the state defending champion Generals were thought to be a favorite to repeat as champions in 2014. Coach Henderson and his team said yeah, maybe, but you have to beat us first.

Two things I can guarantee you, Coach Mills will NOT take the Colonials lightly. And you can rest assured, Coach Edwards will use everything he knows about how the Generals operate, against them.

These factors will make an old rivalry, new again. For Dinwiddie and Colonial Heights fans, it has instantly become a "can't miss" game.

DP what will Colonial Heights look like this year? Think they have a shot in 3a?
Well, I can assure you that they will be improved, just based on the workout program that Coach Edwards has put in place. It's like nothing any of them have ever experienced. But, they are buying in.

I don't know anything about their potential talent, but they always have a handful of good athletes, and usually one or two special kids, i.e., Terry Lufsey from the last couple of seasons.

Don't get me wrong, they will take their lumps, but against teams of similar size and ability, I expect them to win more than they lose.

The new AD is a good guy, and the right man at the right time. He, and Coach Edwards have their work cut out for themselves convincing some of the naysayers. The sacrifices their kids are making under the new regime will be well worth it, if they will just stand down long enough.

I'm sure you will see defensive and offensive schemes that will begin to take the form of what Dinwiddie employs, but altered to compensate for a difference in available talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Well, I can assure you that they will be improved, just based on the workout program that Coach Edwards has put in place. It's like nothing any of them have ever experienced. But, they are buying in.

I don't know anything about their potential talent, but they always have a handful of good athletes, and usually one or two special kids, i.e., Terry Lufsey from the last couple of seasons.

Don't get me wrong, they will take their lumps, but against teams of similar size and ability, I expect them to win more than they lose.

The new AD is a good guy, and the right man at the right time. He, and Coach Edwards have their work cut out for themselves convincing some of the naysayers. The sacrifices their kids are making under the new regime will be well worth it, if they will just stand down long enough.

I'm sure you will see defensive and offensive schemes that will begin to take the form of what Dinwiddie employs, but altered to compensate for a difference in available talent.

I think CH will be improved and will do ok against the 3A's in the Richmond area but a lot of those are dismal. I don't think they will be able to play with the elite 3a teams statewide next year. Maybe down the road. As for the DW / CH match up it is a good and fun story and a fun time for the community but I think DW will be waaay to much for CH to handle.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT