ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst/Louisa battle

Dec 2, 2007
I know we are less than a week away from the kickoff to high school football season 2017.

Does anybody know if the Amherst/Louisa contest was a scrimmage or 'benefit" game?

I just wanted to get some insight from anybody that may have seen or heard any news?

Thanks and I can't wait to get the discussion rolling. I mean opening week and it is Amherst vs Salem.

Only team to beat Salem in regular season last two years was Amherst.
This a classic rivalry.

I know we are less than a week away from the kickoff to high school football season 2017.

Does anybody know if the Amherst/Louisa contest was a scrimmage or 'benefit" game?

I just wanted to get some insight from anybody that may have seen or heard any news?

Thanks and I can't wait to get the discussion rolling. I mean opening week and it is Amherst vs Salem.

This a classic rivalry.
Scrimmage

What happened in this scrimmage? Anybody know?

Didn't go but got reports, heard first string didn't score but 2nd stringers did. Defense good and some speed on offense. Need to improve snaps. Offensive line young. Guy from Louisa went and kept me up-to-date along with a few Amherst fans. It's was a scrimmage so hard to tell
Don't sweat the snaps Wikki. Every team I've seen scrimmage has had the same issues.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
You guys and gals don't miss the chance to meet DSH and his dad. Two of the finest gentlemen you will ever meet.
Thank you my friend! Hopefully I'll actually get to meet Wikki and Lancerhoo and (I forget his name but he's one of my favorite posters on here; chef at Shakers in Lynchburg). I truly have a lot of respect for the Amherst program and fans.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
DSH will have on something that has VCU on it, that I can guarantee.

His dad is a big man with a bum knee, not hard to spot that twosome.

And be sure thank his proud Marine dad for his service to our country.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
DSH will have on something that has VCU on it, that I can guarantee.

His dad is a big man with a bum knee, not hard to spot that twosome.

And be sure thank his proud Marine dad for his service to our country.
If they sit on the Danville side I might not see him. We might have to figure something out

This a classic rivalry.
Salem's record for the last two years is 26-1 and that lost was to Amherst. In 2006 Amherst snapped their winning streak. So I guess they could say Amherst is the thorn in the side. Will it happen again this year, not sure

Yet, Salem somehow manages to still lead the overall series with Amherst 10-5. Another way to frame the series over the last two years would be to say that Salem has won two of the last three against AC; the combined score in those two wins was 80-19. So, not too terribly thorny.

See - I can always find something positive to say.

Yet, Salem somehow manages to still lead the overall series with Amherst 10-5. Another way to frame the series over the last two years would be to say that Salem has won two of the last three against AC; the combined score in those two wins was 80-19. So, not too terribly thorny.

full

Reactions: wikki

Come on I was just stating that Amherst was the only team to beat them and snap their records. Geez you are always posting Salems accomplishments and their records and who they beat all the time.

Positive, just giving Amherst credit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT