ADVERTISEMENT

Appo and Radford

Game will be in Radford at 7pm on Friday. There is seating sectioned off on the home side for visitors. There were also temporary stands on the visitor side last night although no one sat on them. There also is a hill that fans can sit on also. A few teams have had fans that sat there.

I been to lots of soccer games where fans on the same side is a bad idea. Passionate fans sitting right close to each other….. Only see that being a bigger issue at a football game with more fans.
Not assuming Radford wins but if they progress from here, they need to look at nearby site. In the past they have chairs for seating be brought in. I have never had an issue with Appomattox, they have always outplayed and out coached Radford.

Definitely 100% confirmed at Radford High as of 1 hour talking with admin. I've also been told as of this morning, that the state semifinals IF...IF Radford pulls it off will Not be at Radford. This will be at Blacksburg, Christiansburg, or Salem depending on field availability and agreeableness of the Region D team willing to possibly travel to Salem, etc. Radford right now I hope has no thoughts about a region title or semifinal, eetc. There is a chance that after Friday night, Radford won't have to worry about seating for week 3. Going to be a heck of a game and I'm nervous as Hades. Raddy can win this game against Appo. Unfortunately, Appo can do the same.

I been to lots of soccer games where fans on the same side is a bad idea. Passionate fans sitting right close to each other….. Only see that being a bigger issue at a football game with more fans.

Appo and Radford aren't even rivals, they've played six times in forty years. I would hope both Appo and Radford adults could muster up the class to resist the urge to do anything stupid, unless you're trying to tell me that is exactly the kind of fans Appo and Radford has.

Appo and Radford aren't even rivals, they've played six times in forty years. I would hope both Appo and Radford adults could muster up the class to resist the urge to do anything stupid, unless you're trying to tell me that is exactly the kind of fans Appo and Radford hai have

I have said it before and i will say it again , Radford by 3 touchdowns by game end............

Definitely 100% confirmed at Radford High as of 1 hour talking with admin. I've also been told as of this morning, that the state semifinals IF...IF Radford pulls it off will Not be at Radford. This will be at Blacksburg, Christiansburg, or Salem depending on field availability and agreeableness of the Region D team willing to possibly travel to Salem, etc. Radford right now I hope has no thoughts about a region title or semifinal, eetc. There is a chance that after Friday night, Radford won't have to worry about seating for week 3. Going to be a heck of a game and I'm nervous as Hades. Raddy can win this game against Appo. Unfortunately, Appo can do the same.

Hope you guys make it and hope the logical decision to pick Salem is made (I'm assuming Salem would probably agree to it), would love to see the Clark kid once after all I've heard.

Reactions: toughy299
I have said it before and i will say it again , Radford by 3 touchdowns by game end............
I not assuming anything at this point. Radford defense is much better this season and I don’t think a lot of people outside of Radford recognize this. I think if Appomattox wins it because they kept Radford under 30 points.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Everyone has that one or two fans that make the others hang their heads.
I know two years ago I had to step in between a Radford and Appo fan.
I’m just saying when tension gets high and they are close together bad things can happen. We all hope it doesn’t but setting the season for it by putting them close together ain’t a great idea.

These two teams have seen each other quite a bit since 2018.

I think I will be able tell a lot by 6 minutes into the 1st quarter. I feel good if Appo can't run it. I get really concerned and worried if Appo starts picking up 6 yd chunks on the ground. This has what has taken the air out of Glenvar and Radford when facing Appo in the playoffs on the rare amount of times where it's felt like Radford and Glenvar had a really good chance to win before the game. There's a gasp amongst the fanbase, heads start to turn, mumbling occurs amongst Radford or Glenvar fans and comments are made such as..."how is Appo running like this," or "I didn't think their running game or OL was this good."

The above is exactly what happened last year and it's happened to Glenvar multiple times. If Radford is down 7 to nothing with 2 minutes left in the first quarter and Appo scored by a long pass or on a turnover, I still feel pretty good. If Appo got thise points by 75 yds of rushing on the ground and eating up clock, I'm worried bigtime.

In my opinion, the game comes down to this. Can Appo run the ball? If Appo has success and it looks like they can do that with 5 and 7 yds rubs off tackle, it's going to be tight and decided late in the final minutes and that always favors Appo.. If Appo comes out and you see two series or 3 series in a row where Appo can't run the ball, I think Appo is in trouble. Lots of talk about Raddys offense, but I think this game is more about Appos Offense vs Raddy's defense.

As of right now Radford has up to this point proven they are a great team by going undefeated - that’s not an easy thing to do. Appomattox is trying to prove how great they can be….and the Raiders have made good progress the last several games…we will know in little less than a week who’s who…..

I’ve found Appo fans & team to be very classy. Good luck to both! I think it’s a barn burner! I don’t see either winning big. Appo definitely has coaching advantage while Radford will have the best player on the field. Just remember in 2018, many people also thought Radford had the best player on the field then too yet they lost to Graham in semis. Should be a heck of a game!

I’ve found Appo fans & team to be very classy. Good luck to both! I think it’s a barn burner! I don’t see either winning big. Appo definitely has coaching advantage while Radford will have the best player on the field. Just remember in 2018, many people also thought Radford had the best player on the field then too yet they lost to Graham in semis. Should be a heck of a game!
What? Who? They thought they had someone better than Cam Allen?

Several weeks ago the raider fan base were saying how good buckingham was and saying the raiders beat them and we see how far they made it...........

Reactions: obguthr
I think I will be able tell a lot by 6 minutes into the 1st quarter. I feel good if Appo can't run it. I get really concerned and worried if Appo starts picking up 6 yd chunks on the ground. This has what has taken the air out of Glenvar and Radford when facing Appo in the playoffs on the rare amount of times where it's felt like Radford and Glenvar had a really good chance to win before the game. There's a gasp amongst the fanbase, heads start to turn, mumbling occurs amongst Radford or Glenvar fans and comments are made such as..."how is Appo running like this," or "I didn't think their running game or OL was this good."

The above is exactly what happened last year and it's happened to Glenvar multiple times. If Radford is down 7 to nothing with 2 minutes left in the first quarter and Appo scored by a long pass or on a turnover, I still feel pretty good. If Appo got thise points by 75 yds of rushing on the ground and eating up clock, I'm worried bigtime.

In my opinion, the game comes down to this. Can Appo run the ball? If Appo has success and it looks like they can do that with 5 and 7 yds rubs off tackle, it's going to be tight and decided late in the final minutes and that always favors Appo.. If Appo comes out and you see two series or 3 series in a row where Appo can't run the ball, I think Appo is in trouble. Lots of talk about Raddys offense, but I think this game is more about Appos Offense vs Raddy's defense.
Haven't seen Radford since week 2. Are they still inside kicking just about every kick off?.

When I saw Radfordcats post above about both team’s fans sitting on the same side, it made me curious. So I went to google earth and looked at the stadium. That pic shows a nice facility, but says it’s “temporarily closed”.
Whats the deal?

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Several weeks ago the raider fan base were saying how good buckingham was and saying the raiders beat them and we see how far they made it...........
Several years ago and up until last year, Appo fans were also saying not to count Appo out because Glenvar and Radford would be playing a team that had the possible ability to beat either one of them. Guess what happened all but 1 time since 2015?

This and If it's close, Appo, like Salem, knows how to finish a games strong. That's what I would be worried about most if I were Radford.

This has got to be the marquee match-up of the week. I will definitely keep an eye on this one.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
This is the year Radford gets the monkey of the Raiders off of their backs. Bobcats +14

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT