ADVERTISEMENT

Broad Run

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
In over their heads. Too slow. Nobody in Class 4 was beating the Messer Road Boyz.

Must have forgot who gave them that L. And almost sent them home in the Championship.
I know who gave them the L. Great team and if they cross bracketed, probably would’ve played them today. Varina won it when it mattered though. State champs.

Reactions: mbonape1
I know who gave them the L. Great team and if they cross bracketed, probably would’ve played them today. Varina won it when it mattered though. State champs.
Yea barely of a last second field goal. But congrats to Varina for winning states and repping 804 4B and capital district.

In over their heads. Too slow. Nobody in Class 4 was beating the Messer Road Boyz.
I didn't think they were in over their heads vs Varina but the Blue Devils were certainly the better team. Varina defense was very impressive. I thought BR would have run the ball more successfully than they did. The back shoulder/stop to the single wide opposite the trips was their all game and was used to convert two or three big throws. The BR playaction and roll out game was completely shut down. The Varina pass rush was all over it. Griffis and Burchmeier are big time but BR just didn't have any perimeter game breakers. Ant Fischer should be 4A POY, he's dominated on both sides of the ball, making plenty of plays on O and locking down at CB on defense.

I spent a half on each side of the stadium, talked to some great fans from Varina. Varina fans may have doubled Broad Runs which was a bit surprising as well, thought they'd be close to even. Great football game between two great teams. Congrats to Varina on the title.

I didn't think they were in over their heads vs Varina but the Blue Devils were certainly the better team. Varina defense was very impressive. I thought BR would have run the ball more successfully than they did. The back shoulder/stop to the single wide opposite the trips was their all game and was used to convert two or three big throws. The BR playaction and roll out game was completely shut down. The Varina pass rush was all over it. Griffis and Burchmeier are big time but BR just didn't have any perimeter game breakers. Ant Fischer should be 4A POY, he's dominated on both sides of the ball, making plenty of plays on O and locking down at CB on defense.

I spent a half on each side of the stadium, talked to some great fans from Varina. Varina fans may have doubled Broad Runs which was a bit surprising as well, thought they'd be close to even. Great football game between two great teams. Congrats to Varina on the title.
Did #24 play for Broad Run? He was by far the most impressive receiver against Salem but he got hurt pretty bad converting that 4th and 14 at the end of the game.

Did #24 play for Broad Run? He was by far the most impressive receiver against Salem but he got hurt pretty bad converting that 4th and 14 at the end of the game.
Not that I can remember. #9, #13, #2, #22 were the main WRs. They were solid making catches but didn't have much YAC. Varina DBs covered well.

Reactions: Shabutie
Not that I can remember. #9, #13, #2, #22 were the main WRs. They were solid making catches but didn't have much YAC. Varina DBs covered well.
#24 was their speed guy on the edge

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT