ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Spartans and Lions

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Put on a great show to end the year. Salem earned this one and played almost flawless as expected. Gladden made throws, WRs made some key 3rd down conversions and Ramsey kept the pressure on and broke their back on the 80 yarder directly following the 4th down stop.

Louisa's defense gave up more yards to Ramsey than I expected but the difference was as I expected. The Passing game. Not sure of the yardage numbers but the key was Gladden 2 TDs, 0 INTs and Bell 0 TDs, 4 INTs through the air. The much maligned Salem secondary came to play. Their 3 three year starters each got an INT. Wade got two, took one to the crib, Quinn got one and Tucker had a big one at the end of the half.

Congrats again to both teams, was a great game to watch!

If Louisa can run the train they would have won. They are limited with the passing game. Still was a great performance by both teams and Salem is tough to beat. Louisa gave it a good shot for sure, just turned up losers in this one.

Hampser, not sure if u watched the same game as me. Salem s defense is better overall. Salem,s running back was the The best player on the field period. Salem, s kicking game much better than Louisa Salem,s passing game much better than louisa.

Hampser, not sure if u watched the same game as me. Salem s defense is better overall. Salem,s running back was the The best player on the field period. Salem, s kicking game much better than Louisa
Watched the complete game, Salem by far the better team. What I am saying is that Louisa is only effective if they run the ball. They can’t pass.

True , but Salem controlled that game on both sides of the field. But yes your right Louisa could not throw

Well I wouldn’t go as far as to say Salem controlled the the whole game on both sides of the field. Louisa was doing well in the third quarter , and had momentum , but when it came time they needed a throw , it was not there. Salem got key catches in passing situations tonight . Salem did get stops when needed , passed the ball better, but the big difference was Ramsey. Dudes a beast. He could possibly play in Sunday’s .

Anon they could not stop Ramsey or tucker, u remember what I said Ramsey is real, he proved that tonight he was the best player on the field period

The offensive line for Salem was awesome. Quinn made a great catch for the first TD. Louisa was a great running team with three great runners but no big plays..Salem stopped the big plays and made them earn everything..

Reactions: one man
Hampser, not sure if u watched the same game as me. Salem s defense is better overall. Salem,s running back was the The best player on the field period. Salem, s kicking game much better than Louisa Salem,s passing game much better than louisa.
This is the knock I have had for Louisa they just can't throw the ball. Great season for the Lions. If any Lions coaches want to apply for the FLUCO job we will gladly accept...we are looking

Congratulations State Champions Salem Spartans. Who would have thought after that debacle against Blacksburg early in the season, that they would turn things around like they did. A lot of credit to the coaching staff for recognizing what was wrong and correcting the problems. Also credit the players for their determination to get better.

Congratulations State Champions Salem Spartans. Who would have thought after that debacle against Blacksburg early in the season, that they would turn things around like they did. A lot of credit to the coaching staff for recognizing what was wrong and correcting the problems. Also credit the players for their determination to get better.

ME ME ME

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT