ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie

Thanks for the publicity Danville. Just two games in, so I am hesitant to get too excited. We have our first home game against Caroline this Friday, so I am looking forward seeing us continue to improve.

Yes, there is reasons to be optimistic. The running game has been sound, the O-line shows a lot of promise, the defense has improved and three projected starters (db and two OL) should return after our bye week. These returning players will surely give us additional depth.

From a negative side the Generals must continue to work on special teams (punting and kick coverage), and sort out some of the secondary coverages. Against Hanover, the Generals appeared to lose receivers or the safety failed to rotate. I am not totally sure, so I will just call it blown coverages.

After the bye week the Generals will face the toughest part of their schedule. @Hopewell, @ Matoaca and Thomas Dale. Last year DHS went 1-2 against these three teams.

On a closing note, let me give props to our coaching staff. They have obviously worked hard to correct our weaknesses from the past two years. Coach Mills appears to be calling the offense and defenses as his two coordinators are on the field with him. Based on the adjustments made in both games this just may be the best move to date. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT