ADVERTISEMENT

E.C. Glass (8-0) vs Heritage-Lyn (7-1)

I like Glass to keep rolling. They will be 14-0 going into State Championship Saturday. We could see an all Lynchburg state final at LU. I like both teams chances.

Hopewell-Heritage
Louisa- Glass

Calling it now.

The whole city been waiting for this one! This will be a dogfight for the ages! Lots of good athletes on both sides. It would be awesome to see both teams at LU. Glass has a harder road than Heritage, but they can do it!

Reactions: wikki
People said the same thing about Glass vs Heritage 2 years ago. Heritage was loaded and was rolling. Glass went in and pulled the upset. This game could be closer than everyone thinks. Heritage did a good job setting the edge and containing Glass option offense. Most of those players on that Heritage defense are Seniors now. This will be a good test for both teams going into the playoffs.

I like Glass to keep rolling. They will be 14-0 going into State Championship Saturday. We could see an all Lynchburg state final at LU. I like both teams chances.

Hopewell-Heritage
Louisa- Glass

Calling it now.
I'm not quite sold on a championship appearance yet. Broad Run and Tuscarora might have something to say about that.

Hopewell-Heritage
Louisa- Glass

Calling it now.
Hopewell and Heritage is a re-match. Glass and Louisa would be a good one to see

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Glass had a few less fans than Blacksburg had last November. They’ll have a nice sized crowd. Glass also has good student support. They packed the gym a few years back when they played GW in states.

The whole city been waiting for this one! This will be a dogfight for the ages! Lots of good athletes on both sides. It would be awesome to see both teams at LU. Glass has a harder road than Heritage, but they can do it!
I would like to see both as well

Glass had a few less fans than Blacksburg had last November. They’ll have a nice sized crowd. Glass also has good student support. They packed the gym a few years back when they played GW in states.
Yes they do have a good student section and I saw that game against JF. It was packed and loud

If I'm Bradley, im getting into that wildcat offense and doing that until Glass can keep them from getting 4-5 Yards a carry. Pretty sure Woody got some tricks up his sleeve Friday. Might not even have to pull them out. Both teams have athletes, but coaching and the ability to make in game adjustments will win the game.

If I'm Bradley, im getting into that wildcat offense and doing that until Glass can keep them from getting 4-5 Yards a carry. Pretty sure Woody got some tricks up his sleeve Friday. Might not even have to pull them out. Both teams have athletes, but coaching and the ability to make in game adjustments will win the game.
So you think Heritage tries to take Glass best player out of game? Do they have ability to do so?

So you think Heritage tries to take Glass best player out of game? Do they have ability to do so?

Kendrick will get his. He was the main playmaker running the ball in last years game. Heritage does have the ability to limit him, but Kendrick is much faster and stronger, so it is hard to tell. Heritage is well coached and fundamentally sound on defense. The X Factor is Ty Foster and Craighead at Running back. If Glass blockers can keep Heritage edge defenders from sealing the edge, the Running backs will have a big game, and Kendrick won't have to do much. Ty Foster has been heating up in the past 3 games(28 carries 449 yards 16ypc and 8 TD's), and should be very confident going into Friday. Craighead will be hungry to play in front of the crowd on Friday.

There has always been increased security at this game. This year is no different. WSET just trying to get a story.
Well they did have a threat at both schools a few weeks ago. About 1,000 kids from the 2 schools stayed out 1 day due to the threat.

Yes it was a threat and thank God that's all it was, but someone asked why the tight security measures. There is always a bit more security for this Lynchburg rivalry, but the increased security presence and tighter rules are partly due to that recent threat.

There has always been increased security at this game. This year is no different. WSET just trying to get a story.
Was definitely not bringing it up to be negative. All schools should adapt these measures for safety. Varina plays Highland Springs next Saturday at Hermitage (stadium is huge but only has seating on one side of the stadium). I don’t think it’ll go smoothly but hopefully Henrico schools take notice of what Glass/Heritage is doing with crowd control. GW was the first in our area to use metal detectors to go into games way back in 04. It’s definitely nothing new.

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT