ADVERTISEMENT

Gate City vs Radford

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Will they cross paths before the state tournament? Read the post below about McClung. He's certainly special but interested to see the match up between him and Quinton Morton-Robertson of Radford.

Will they cross paths before the state tournament? Read the post below about McClung. He's certainly special but interested to see the match up between him and Quinton Morton-Robertson of Radford.

No. No possible way to meet unless it's in the state quarters or semis. There is no more West region, it's Region A, B, C and D. Radford is Region C, Gate City is Region D.

Honestly, this should've been the matchup at Chance Harman last week instead of Gate City vs. Floyd and Radford vs. whoever it was they played (Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Giles...? Honestly can't remember now)

Reactions: eastspartan
No. No possible way to meet unless it's in the state quarters or semis. There is no more West region, it's Region A, B, C and D. Radford is Region C, Gate City is Region D.

Honestly, this should've been the matchup at Chance Harman last week instead of Gate City vs. Floyd and Radford vs. whoever it was they played (Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Giles...? Honestly can't remember now)

I'm betting it was a coach's decision, like playing poker, why show your hand before someone calls it.

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
Carmody will not back down from any team . He thrives the competition and big games . Cant wait to see if they do meet Gate City . Anybody have any idea where they would be played at ? VHSL may want to play that game at Cassell for a big gate !!!

Radford has played Blacksburg every year at Chase Harmon. Closer matchups would have been nice. Both teams will match up against Pulaski Co in the next month.

In a Radford vs Gate City match up, I'll take Radford.

Carmody will not back down from any team . He thrives the competition and big games . Cant wait to see if they do meet Gate City . Anybody have any idea where they would be played at ? VHSL may want to play that game at Cassell for a big gate !!!

UVa-Wise or Salem. All depends on who gets the higher seed. Gate City is practically a lock to get the 1 seed out of Region D giving them a quarterfinal game at UVa-Wise against Region C runner up.

Last edited:
So, is it a virtual lock that it will be Dan River and Radford who will advance out of Region C? Can Martinsville or anyone else beat either of them?

SWVa, I guess that we'll have to wait and see. ? Locks? We'll see how your locks play out.

Reactions: OnceAKnight
SWVa, I guess that we'll have to wait and see. ? Locks? We'll see how your locks play out.

I will guarantee you that Gate City will win Region D barring any unforeseen injury/suspension (anything to miss time) to Mac, Zac or Dean.

As for Region C, I have no clue... I just read a lot about Dan River and Radford and made an assumption that they're the two best teams in the region. But Martinsville is always a traditional power also, so I wasn't saying Radford or Dan River were locks, just that those are the two I keep reading about.

Martinsville is a threat this year. We're not getting much hype because we've been up and down this year. If we can eliminate mental mistakes then we can make some noise this year. We have the talent but our execution needs to be better on both ends of the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT