ADVERTISEMENT

Glenvar vs Dan River

oldfool2

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 17, 2019
Glenvar you guys should have this game, tear them up!

Glenvar could lose by 3 TDs or win by 3 TDs and no surprise to me based on Dan River. I have never heard of a team that is seemingly a totally different team for the good or bad on any occasion. There is just no way to tell with DR.

Agree, I don't see or haven't seen or heard any poster from Glenvar, or any poster on this site that is looking past Dan River. If anything, it's Dan River that shouldn't be looked past Glenvar.

Reactions: oldfool2
No o
Agree, I don't see or haven't seen or heard

Agree, I don't see or haven't seen or heard any poster from Glenvar, or any poster on this site that is looking past Dan River. If anything, it's Dan River that shouldn't be looked past Glenvar.
No offense to the players themselves, but after what Pittsylvania officials did im hoping Dan River gets knocked out in first round. They are responsible for teams in region c playing weak schedules.

I can understand your frustration old fool. What you might not realize is that decisions were made taking a lot of scenarios into consideration of which, one was the possibility of scheduling a normal schedule and then having to cancel because of covid issues which could have negatively impacted Appomattox especially if the Raiders couldnt find makeup games. Imho it was easier to navigate covid waters for Appomattox (one county school) vs Pittsylvania county schools which had 4 schools. As a former player I am glad we had football and especially for all the seniors that will more than likely not take the field again. Dan River has many seniors and I am glad they have this opportunity and hope they win. Go Wildcats!

Playing within the county is realistically no dang different from playing outside the county. But to top it off and tell the media what they did and then slip into the playoffs by way of backdoor deception is wrong.

Reactions: Stabler1980
I can understand your frustration old fool. What you might not realize is that decisions were made taking a lot of scenarios into consideration of which, one was the possibility of scheduling a normal schedule and then having to cancel because of covid issues which could have negatively impacted Appomattox especially if the Raiders couldnt find makeup games. Imho it was easier to navigate covid waters for Appomattox (one county school) vs Pittsylvania county schools which had 4 schools. As a former player I am glad we had football and especially for all the seniors that will more than likely not take the field again. Dan River has many seniors and I am glad they have this opportunity and hope they win. Go Wildcats!
I too am glad the boys are playing but I still don’t get the idea of “staying in County”. Does that REALLY mitigate risk?
So the decision was made with Campbell Co and Appomattox in mind??
The decision they (Pitts Co) jammed up William Campbell, Altavista, Nelson, and Appomattox focusing those schools to play each other twice. No disrespect to the other schools but they were forced to play an Appomattox team that was clearly superior to them TWICE. Appomattox was hindered by having to play those teams twice.
It is what it is but that decision was made. The SAME REASON they did not want to travel or have teams come to Pitts Co has now somehow vanished and they can travel, or teams can come now the playoffs have arrived.
Appomattox would have loved to have prepared for six different teams and they would have been a better team because of that. Win or lose to Dan River they would at least been tested and pushed.

Just have a hard time with “ not playing out of County for COVID reasons” and now those “ reasons” are gone.
Either Dan River or Appomattox would not have the current playoff seeding they do if those teams played in season.

"So the decision was made with Campbell Co and Appomattox in mind??"

Not solely. And I would say the "Covid issue" is much more favorable now with the most vulnerable having been vaccinated. We could go back and forth. Like I said I know there is frustration for Raider fans but there are other points of view which I was bringing to light. Peace.

Not solely. And I would say the "Covid issue" is much more favorable now with the most vulnerable having been vaccinated. We could go back and forth. Like I said I know there is frustration for Raider fans but there are other points of view which I was bringing to light. Peace.
Typical of pitt county's reputation.

"Glenvar you guys should have this game, tear them up!"

I would hope most Appo fans would not have this attitude. Coach Smith's program is first class from what I have seen. Should we post comments like this when the players had nothing to do with the situation?

Be glad when this season is over so he can stop moaning about Pittsylvania County. Dude, just move on. I mean was Gretna or Chatham really going to give Appo a very competitive game? Appo plays a weak schedule and is still the number 1 seed in Region C.

It is better now. Glad ALL kids got to play just don’t see eye to eye on being in the playoffs. Understand you got a good team and it would have been a good game.
👍

"Glenvar you guys should have this game, tear them up!"

I would hope most Appo fans would not have this attitude. Coach Smith's program is first class from what I have seen. Should we post comments like this when the players had nothing to do with the situation?
Want to emphasize that I’m glad the kids got to play and I know it had nothing to do with the players.
Appreciate the respect for Coach. He is doing well with us treatments but needs continued prayers.

Be glad when this season is over so he can stop moaning about Pittsylvania County. Dude, just move on. I mean was Gretna or Chatham really going to give Appo a very competitive game? Appo plays a weak schedule and is still the number 1 seed in Region C.
We will agree to disagree. 👍

"Appreciate the respect for Coach. He is doing well with us treatments but needs continued prayers."

Have been and will continue to pray for Coach Smith. I know something about his battle as I am in remission now myself. Playing high school football helped me with my battle. It is why I am passionate about High School football.

Btw I am a former player/ graduate of Gretna High School and only wish the best for all the programs except when they are playing the Hawks ;) Peace.

"Appreciate the respect for Coach. He is doing well with us treatments but needs continued prayers."

Have been and will continue to pray for Coach Smith. I know something about his battle as I am in remission now myself. Playing high school football helped me with my battle. It is why I am passionate about High School football.

Btw I am a former player/ graduate of Gretna High School and only wish the best for all the programs except when they are playing the Hawks ;) Peace.
Awesome to hear you came through and are looking back now!
No apologies for pulling for your team! 😉

The Dogwood forced Pitt County’s hand. Look at what they did for basketball, they left the other schools in limbo and let their own kids practice with the idea that “when numbers went down they would get to play”....they never did. So the Dogwood told them in February to essentially make a decision now and not hold anyone hostage. They decided they wouldn’t be ready to play by the time the Dogwood would start and they weren’t. Their season started 2 weeks later than everyone else in the Dogwood. I know we have dragged the county through the mud for what they did, but they essentially had their hand forced so they didn’t do what they did during basketball season and essentially hold other district schools hostage by postponing games. Imagine being WC, who would of opened up with the 3 Pittsylvania schools to start their season. If all 3 of those games got postponed bc of numbers much like what was initially being done in basketball

There is a positive and/or negative to a schedule like Appomattox (since that is what is being discussed).

They are well rested, but haven't been tested. We will never know which one outweighed the other (whether they lose this week or win Championship by 50 or something in between).

But from my perspective doing the points, Appomattox benefitted from the schedule.

And just remember, that even with wins the last week, teams like 5-1 Dinwiddie (ended 4-2), Rockbridge/TA loser (TA did finish 5-1), and had Fort Chiswell beaten Galax, Radford would be out. I am sure there are other examples.

I don't see any problem with one side feeling one way about a team making it in and the other feeling the opposite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT