ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Thanksgiving

gwb16

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Apr 9, 2002
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope that everyone has a great holiday with their family. Be thankful for God's grace. Humble for the opportunity to share your life's experiences and opinions with others. Respectful of others that don't always agree but most importantly THANKFUL that we have each other to share this life with. We're all fortunate to be here.

Good luck and best wishes and prayers for safety to all of this weekends playoff teams!

Wayne

Well stated GWB, my friend. In spite of our daily trials and tribulations, we have so much to be thankful for. And having each other on this forum is certainly one of our blessings.

A quick story to remind everyone to keep things in perspective. When I was a young man, I spent the first part of my life as a professional firefighter. I was fortunate to be on the busiest truck at the busiest fire station with some of the best firefighters I’ve ever known. At the time, I was 10’ tall and bullet proof, and if you were not like “us”, then you were a problem. Fast forward 35 years, and all of us that are still alive, are old and decrepit. We all try to gather for lunch every other month nowadays. The passage of time has sure made each of us reflect on the attitudes that we had and the way we treated each other. And without exception, we realize how dumb we typically were, and how important it is to forget the trivial bullshit that sometimes harmed our relationships. These days, there are are a lot of hugs, a few tears, and a lot of honesty when we tell old friends that we are glad they are doing ok. And, when we leave for the day, to say “I love you brother!” Its not lost on us that two or three of us each year have attended our last luncheon because of failing health and/or death.

So, simply be thankful for each other, find some tolerance when you disagree, and remember that forgiveness, though difficult, is perhapts the best trait of a good human being.

God Bless each and every one one of you, “and I love you brother!”

That is very true. We had a GW class of 1976 reunion in August. I was shocked to learn the number of my teammates who had passed or were not doing well.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT