ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs vs Varina tickets “No online tickets”

Varina offense was impressive and Defense very solid only thing that affected them were there special teams, hs defense was solid but they had to many penalties on offense today that could have cost them the game but overall hs play very smart on offense I can see them in the state championship game congrats
HS offense is skating on real thin ice. Their defense and special teams is what might win them another title. A Varina or Manchester rematch just became that much more interesting. Varina is not going to make those offensive mistakes again, they just proved they can hang with their brethren and got more confident as the game went on.

HS offense is skating on real thin ice. Their defense and special teams is what might win them another title. A Varina or Manchester rematch just became that much more interesting. Varina is not going to make those offensive mistakes again, they just proved they can hang with their brethren and got more confident as the game went on.
They made the same offensive mistakes in both their losses! HSHS did exactly what they’ve done to every good team they’ve played the last 3 years...they out played them when they needed to. 4 ints!!! Jones was the difference against OSMITH,Manchester,CForge,and now Varina.

I remember someone saying HSHS wouldn’t finish this schedule 10-0. Yet....Here they are....10-0! OS’s only loss,Manchester’s only loss,2 8-2 teams(Varina and CForge back to back),6 playoff teams,and 2 out of state teams! No practice field and all games on the road since NStafford game. You don’t win 39 in a row by accident! These guys KNOW HOW TO WIN! Keep doubting them! They scored 4 offensive touchdowns against the same D that completely shut down Ponax the week before.

Last edited:
In defense of Varina quarterback those pics he was throwing were against the wind and they were floating like ducks.
How bad were Bobby & Paige hurt?! I saw Paige noticeably limping after the game. I never saw Bobby after he went down with that knee injury.

To be honest varina scored all there touchdowns on offense it was no special teams, Highland springs scored twice on special team and on a interception , but there offense only drove down their field and scored once for a td, and there other score was because interception at the 30 yard line, now I’m not putting hs down but Varina defense pretty had them in check, and varina wasn’t fatigue, I think varina played hs better then Manchester

To be honest varina scored all there touchdowns on offense it was no special teams, Highland springs scored twice on special team and on a interception , but there offense only drove down their field and scored once for a td, and there other score was because interception at the 30 yard line, now I’m not putting hs down but Varina defense pretty had them in check, and varina wasn’t fatigue, I think varina played hs better then Manchester
HS scores TWICE on offense! 2 TD runs by Jones. One was from 30yds out and the second was from 6yds out. One pick 6(4ints) and one kickoff returns. 4 offensive TDs last week vs CForge! When they need to score....they WILL!

How bad were Bobby & Paige hurt?! I saw Paige noticeably limping after the game. I never saw Bobby after he went down with that knee injury.
Bobby's the QB right? He came back in and finished the game. He converted that big 3rd and long, and threw a great ball on the next play that bounced out of the receiver's hands and got picked.

Bobby's the QB right? He came back in and finished the game. He converted that big 3rd and long, and threw a great ball on the next play that bounced out of the receiver's hands and got picked.
That was 19! Bobby did not come back in.

HS scores TWICE on offense! 2 TD runs by Jones. One was from 30yds out and the second was from 6yds out. One pick 6(4ints) and one kickoff returns. 4 offensive TDs last week vs CForge! When they need to score....they WILL![/ ok now would u say hs offense look good today or what would u rate them

I agree. Each week the HSHS "faithful" down play the turnovers but they will catch up with them in late November, December fosho.

HS scores TWICE on offense! 2 TD runs by Jones. One was from 30yds out and the second was from 6yds out. One pick 6(4ints) and one kickoff returns. 4 offensive TDs last week vs CForge! When they need to score....they WILL!
Don't know about that. They tried pretty hard to score all game. And especially the last 56 seconds. Didn't want to go out with just a 7 point win. Varina shut that down and could have gone a few more quarters if games were longer. Good thing for hs they aren't.

Don't know about that. They tried pretty hard to score all game. And especially the last 56 seconds. Didn't want to go out with just a 7 point win. Varina shut that down and could have gone a few more quarters if games were longer. Good thing for hs they aren't.
Lol...that last minute was NOTHING but eating clock. Even went for it on 4th so no blocked punt or return. The secondary was mostly shut down even with losing their LSU commit the beginning of the 3rd qtr. They can score...ask all 10 victims!

If Wodie ain't get that pick six it would've been 14-0(Varina WR was WIDE open) HSHS can't turn it over deep in the playoffs.
Wodie got the same pick vs Manchester. That wasn’t even his man,but he came off his man,again,and made a play. The pick 6 was a one handed snag over that small WR.

Who was the kid for varina #1 little guy was a play maker but he was short if he had height no disrespect but he had heart

I live with one of the "victims". They ain't shook. Did they make mistakes? Yep. Were there some AWFUL calls? For sure. But did HS desperately want a ballgame that didn't look like they only beat somebody by one touchdown? Yes, yes they did. All your smack about how it was going to be a blowout and you can only boast 7 more points, keep on blowing brother. But we ain't finished yet.

Who was the kid for varina #1 little guy was a play maker but he was short if he had height no disrespect but he had heart
He got hurt at the end of the 4th qtr,but don’t know the extent.

I live with one of the "victims". They ain't shook. Did they make mistakes? Yep. Were there some AWFUL calls? For sure. But did HS desperately want a ballgame that didn't look like they only beat somebody by one touchdown? Yes, yes they did. All your smack about how it was going to be a blowout and you can only boast 7 more points, keep on blowing brother. But we ain't finished yet.
You’re gonna get beat again in 2 weeks! LJ will out-coach Stu every time! Stu got out-coached in game 1 vs Manchester too! They don’t have to be shook...they should be used to losing to HSHS by now! 7 straight now,and the HSHS JV owns Varina too. 7 points or 20(like last year)...you’re #39!

Great teams with great coaches win close games!

Reactions: Thomasddev
@Johnny"football" Broad Run's beast RB transferred to Patriot. I can't believe they have no other true RB or a real running game. I saw their offensive stats last night and was astounded. Was SB's pass defense that bad or do you think BR's passing offense is that good? I'm wondering how the other Class 4 teams will handle that.

But from looking at the seeding it looks like hs will play varina again in the second round of playoffs
That’s correct...probably back over at Hermitage in 2 weeks. Manchester is projected to face DRun

Reactions: Va434
@Johnny"football" Broad Run's beast RB transferred to Patriot. I can't believe they have no other true RB or a real running game. I saw their offensive stats last night and was astounded. Was SB's pass defense that bad or do you think BR's passing offense is that good? I'm wondering how the other Class 4 teams will handle that.
The BR QB is a Wake Forest commit! He’s legit!

Reactions: Johnny"football"
It's the same ol song(even when I was there) SB has no raw athletes. They can't make spectacular plays. Prime example, you saw #3(Wodie) leave his assignment and get a pick six? That never happens for SB, ever. I haven't seen any 4A football to compare. As soon as yall play a game worth my travel I'll see...

Who is 58 for hs , damn kid is Huge he was very good I’m sure he has a few d1 schools after him

But from looking at the seeding it looks like hs will play varina again in the second round of playoffs
I’m hearing the Var/HSHS rematch will be on a Friday night. Love a cold night of football!!

Who is 58 for hs , damn kid is Huge he was very good I’m sure he has a few d1 schools after him
He has a VSU offer! He’s 6’4-270+ Every offensive and defensive lineman have offers!

I’m hearing the Var/HSHS rematch will be on a Friday night. Love a cold night of football!!
Lol it’s was good weather today but man In the shade and that breeze today wasn’t bad, I’m not sure I’ll be prepared for a cold night in the 30’s

It's the same ol song(even when I was there) SB has no raw athletes. They can't make spectacular plays. Prime example, you saw #3(Wodie) leave his assignment and get a pick six? That never happens for SB, ever. I haven't seen any 4A football to compare. As soon as yall play a game worth my travel I'll see...
It better be next week then. Injuries are starting to mount for us and I'm getting more blown each week. If we lose Jarett Hunter who is now our QB.........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT