• Oscar Smith

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Kings Fork

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Two unbeaten Titans going at it. Class 4 vs. Class 6. Can the Bulldogs upset OS? What's your thoughts?

Here's the deal. KF head coach was DC at Smith 4 years ago. Was also on staff at KF when they beat Smith in '17.

These seniors we're in the 7th grade in '17. Senior QB was the ball boy. KJ Boyd is the most underrated kid in the state. Top kid in the state in track too. Sophomore running back has multiple power 5 offers. Young receivers but producing.

Defensively they're just as good as last year. Maybe better because they don't have as many penalties. They fly around and get to the ball.

It is almost criminal the lack of attention outside of Suffolk for what Kings Fork has done the last three years under the new head coach. 4 losses. 2 of those in the covid bubble vs Nansemond - first year and with covid there was no time with them before the spring season. Still beat a better Nansemond team at home the first game they played. NR wasn't close last year. Then they lost to Smith and Varina in the state semi final.

That Smith game got out of hand but there were some horrible calls made. KF with almost 20(give or take maybe 2-3) penalties in the second quarter. They were winning that game and probably controlled it defensively for nearly the entire first half, penalties became to much. Smith seemed to play an unusually clean game though. Hmm.

Varina was a great game. KJ took a screen to the house on the first play of that one.

They haven't lost a home game in three years, undefeated under the new staff. Yall may be shocked to see it stay that way after Friday. Suffolk won't be.

ForksUp , This definitely isn't the team y'all played last year!! Too much talent was lost to graduation & even several kids transferred out just like what happened in 17. AND your battle tested team vs a very young Smith group of mostly underclassmen should probably be favored.

BUT, There are still challenges for KF. Smith's OL is still big enough to get them to a state title game & if Coach Scott decides to go with their Big Heavy, power run package all night, your team is gonna have trouble stopping that. AND I think Coach Scott and his assistants are much better than what KF faced in 17, too!?

I just missed that game in 17. Not planning on it this go round. Wishing the best for your team this year just not this Friday!

They've outscored they're opponents 245-41.
Edit, sorry typo. They gave up 20 to Great Bridge but put up 70.

This includes Western Branch, Deep Creek, Indian River.
The general media and some posters may forget about Kings Fork, but I can tell the knowledgeable fans and coaches from region b know how good The Bulldogs are. Thanks for posting sir. Glad to see you are still around. Good luck Friday. Represent class 4 well.

ForksUp , This definitely isn't the team y'all played last year!! Too much talent was lost to graduation & even several kids transferred out just like what happened in 17. AND your battle tested team vs a very young Smith group of mostly underclassmen should probably be favored.

BUT, There are still challenges for KF. Smith's OL is still big enough to get them to a state title game & if Coach Scott decides to go with their Big Heavy, power run package all night, your team is gonna have trouble stopping that. AND I think Coach Scott and his assistants are much better than what KF faced in 17, too!?

I just missed that game in 17. Not planning on it this go round. Wishing the best for your team this year just not this Friday!
100%!! Even young Smith is still Smith!! That '17 team and Artis AND Cam'ron Kelly!!

That heavy package killed KF past year too.

Get there early!! Gonna suck getting through the gate and I'm willing to bet it'll be a similar turnout to '17. Standing room only!! 🤣🤣

The general media and some posters may forget about Kings Fork, but I can tell the knowledgeable fans and coaches from region b know how good The Bulldogs are. Thanks for posting sir. Glad to see you are still around. Good luck Friday. Represent class 4 well.
I second what Navy said. Every knowledgeable football person KNOWS what KF is. They will not sneak up on anyone, that’s for sure.

Media wise, I believe KF suffers like Dinwiddie does. KF news gets buried behind the big name teams in the Tidewater area. Dinwiddie is just an afterthought to the media in the Richmond arena. And that’s ok really. You want the hard work of the boys to be recognized and praised, but it’s not why they play the game.

So let the big boys sell the newspapers for them, let’s just quietly keep winning and let that be our headline.

Good luck to KF. I’m sorry to see them move up next year. I like having great teams represent Class 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT