ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette @ Louisa

Who wins

• Louisa

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • Lafayette

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters
louisa can win this game they have proven it on the road against 2 unbeaten teams and supposedly no way to win that they are indeed for real. id like to hear from the suddenly quite grouch and nay sayer what his opinion of louisa is now. hoos you can come back now as you have proven your point. thanks to all the gracious ppl with the congratulations. those dinwiddie kids can play some ball.

Hoos never left, whether he wanted to or not. It turns out Rivals doesn't delete accounts, just renames them. False advertising on their support site.

If you mean hamspear, let him enjoy his date at Salem. Sherando earned it.

Last edited:
The count is 18-2 against Lafayette, as usual in the poll so far. All Lafayette did was beat Deep Creek at home and Kings Fork away who was thought to be a top 2 in Div 4, rightly so as they beat Oscar Smith who is now in the 6A semi after blanking undefeated Landsdown 38-0 and Nanesemond who is also in the Div 5 semi. We’ll show up next Saturday.

The count is 18-2 against Lafayette, as usual in the poll so far. All Lafayette did was beat Deep Creek at home and Kings Fork away who was thought to be a top 2 in Div 4, rightly so as they beat Oscar Smith who is now in the 6A semi after blanking undefeated Landsdown 38-0 and Nanesemond who is also in the Div 5 semi. We’ll show up next Saturday.

Lafayette is blowing me away!! I am again going to pick against them regarding the Louisa match up... but I just wanted you to know that what Lafayette is doing is amazing!

Louisa has had the HARDEST path possible and is just in the matrix doing all the stuff coaches talk about... blocking, tackling, no penalties or turnovers.

How will the Lions react for the first time being the favorite? Must stay focused... but I think they will.

Good luck to both teams!

Congrats to Salem and Sherando as well!

Hoos never left, whether he wanted to or not. It turns out Rivals doesn't delete accounts, just renames them. False advertising on their support site.

If you mean hamspear, let him enjoy his date at Salem. Sherando earned it.
Nah, you never wanted to leave in the first place. You'd have nothing else to do with your time except sending threatening messages to people. And trust me, those messages have been saved. So, behave yourself. And congrats to Louisa. Now go take a shower, make sure you use soap and buy some deoderant.

im guessing that post is sarcasm because they for sure can be beat but some one will have to stop those three in the back field. but make sure you look for bell to throw because he truly can. there is no other reason why i drive from pa. to see these guys play.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Nah, you never wanted to leave in the first place. You'd have nothing else to do with your time except sending threatening messages to people. And trust me, those messages have been saved. So, behave yourself. And congrats to Louisa. Now go take a shower, make sure you use soap and buy some deoderant.
:rolleyes:

Class 4 has proven that it has the best football played in the state this year, out of all classes. Throw classes out when you watch these teams, and that goes for anyone reading this. That being said, 757 football is down as a whole this year, and Lafayette hasn't played anyone like this Louisa team, maybe ever. Louisa has an advantage here, soley because Lafayette runs the same offense as Courtland, if nothing else.

Reactions: Lions1983
Lafayette website just noted gametime changed from 1pm to 2pm. Can Louisa fans confirm as you are the Home team?

Louisa 49- Lafayette 21. I just think it is a very special year for the Lions and I think they bring the ring home for Fischer. Then Lions lack of depth has not hurt them at all this season and they have improved in areas of weakness. Hoos had said better team than 2006 and at first I did not believe him but after seeing what they have done in the playoffs I believe he is right.

You definitely don't have to tell me about your accomplishments they are amazing you've handled many opponents this year and you deserve to be where you will be Saturday @ 2:00 pm. nothing but respect for your program.

Louisa 49- Lafayette 21. I just think it is a very special year for the Lions and I think they bring the ring home for Fischer. Then Lions lack of depth has not hurt them at all this season and they have improved in areas of weakness. Hoos had said better team than 2006 and at first I did not believe him but after seeing what they have done in the playoffs I believe he is right.
They may or may not win but will not give up 49 points. Guess again.

Battle of 2 underdog winners. Laf will be the one playing with a chip on their shoulder this game. Different mindset for Louisa. They should be favored by 10 or so.

Reactions: Lafayette
Same underdog mentality for Louisa as well, as always. They still haven't reached their goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
I looked at on Google some aerial shots and it looks like an absolutely first class facility. The home stands look excellent but I had a hard time seeing the visitor stands in the photo. What is their capacity?

I looked at on Google some aerial shots and it looks like an absolutely first class facility. The home stands look excellent but I had a hard time seeing the visitor stands in the photo. What is their capacity?
Wonder what brand of butter do they use in their popcorn? Is the chili on their hot dogs homemade or canned? How about this one...Does Louisa use a Craftsman or a Troy Bilt to cut their grass? LOL!!!

Lafayette doesn’t normally travel well so it will be adequate for Lafayette

Althought they run the same offenses, it still comes down ti individual effort on the part of each player within thier position. Will it help. Yeah a wee bit, but overall it comes down to who executes the best and minimizes the mistakes. Louisa is beatable, anyone is beatable just ask Dinwiddie, KF. or Monocan? Courtland hadem in a spot due to Luisa mistakes, had Courtland been a year older or Monacan/Dibwiddie been playing in that first game, Loisa would have lost. They have a special season going for a special coach. Pulling for them the rest of the way! Will be at the game.

Reactions: OCBoy and Lafayette
Lafayette doesn’t normally travel well so it will be adequate for Lafayette
We had more than I expected at KF by far. I was surprised. On the KF side the stands were only 2/3 full, surprised at that.

Reactions: OCBoy
I was going to warn you yesterday. Visitors stands are higher than Dinwiddie's but aren't that big. Get there early.

I was going to warn you yesterday. Visitors stands are higher than Dinwiddie's but aren't that big. Get there early.
Thanks for the heads up- they looked real small in the photo and now I’m leaving here at 11am. Should be there 12:45 or so to ensure I’m in top row. Our fans at KF were later arrivals but I’m sure Louisa fans will be early. I’ll still try the parking by the stadium.

Althought they run the same offenses, it still comes down ti individual effort on the part of each player within thier position. Will it help. Yeah a wee bit, but overall it comes down to who executes the best and minimizes the mistakes. Louisa is beatable, anyone is beatable just ask Dinwiddie, KF. or Monocan? Courtland hadem in a spot due to Luisa mistakes, had Courtland been a year older or Monacan/Dibwiddie been playing in that first game, Loisa would have lost. They have a special season going for a special coach. Pulling for them the rest of the way! Will be at the game.
Senior Greg Fields, #79 of Courtland, is a beast and didn't get to play in the playoffs last season. Louisa's sophomore center was thrown into the fire against Orange, after their starting center got hurt in practice for the season. He didn't have any bad snaps until the Courtland game, because of Fields coming at him. Fields was the main cause of Louisa's mistakes. One of the bad snaps led to Courtland's pick 6. Louisa's center has been perfect ever since.

Just like Monacan and Dinwiddie in round one, Louisa played one of the most conservative games they played all season. I honestly thought they called their plays like a scrimmage. Mostly single wing, not many pistol looks. I didn't feel good about it and thought it would backfire, because Courtland was indeed very much improved. I'm guessing Louisa will look like a different team to you this time around.

@Lafayette a couple of other things. There are plenty of restaurants in the towns of Louisa and Mineral for a variety of tastes. Louisa is just down the road from Mineral and the stadium. The usual fast food, plus many great mom and pop spots. If you like Mexican food, Los Tres Potrillos in Louisa has won many awards. Roma Italian next door is also popular. And of course Tavern on the Rail has been mentioned, but it's waaaayy out of the way.

Also, Louisa keeps its student section, the Louisa Loonies, on the field behind the endzone, so don't be alarmed!

Reactions: gwb16 and Lafayette
Louisa survived the region of death, which is impressive, but Lafayette has also been playing very well, especially their defense...should be a great game!

Look out for #2, Jack Erwin...as they say, the kid is good.

GO RAMS!

@Lafayette a couple of other things. There are plenty of restaurants in the towns of Louisa and Mineral for a variety of tastes. Louisa is just down the road from Mineral and the stadium. The usual fast food, plus many great mom and pop spots. If you like Mexican food, Los Tres Potrillos in Louisa has won many awards. Roma Italian next door is also popular. And of course Tavern on the Rail has been mentioned, but it's waaaayy out of the way.

Also, Louisa keeps its student section, the Louisa Loonies, on the field behind the endzone, so don't be alarmed!
Roma's is an excellent choice...LOL

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I would like to share some thoughts on the upcoming game and play-offs in general. First off I am so happy that I will see a game with two teams running offenses that a lot of folks think are obsolete in today's High School game. Single Wing and Wing T. I am sick of basketball on grass. With that said this isn't a knock on Monacan or Dinwiddie. The talent they had would probably not be a good fit for a run orient offense like the I or Wing T/ Single wing. So I totally understand why they run that offense. I just hate it.
Second, I watched Lafayette scrimmage Chancellor this year and from what I heard and saw this year was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Well great job to the Lafayette kids and coaches. Obviously they reloaded because they are a great program and have been going on 20 years now.
I hope Louisa stays with the underdog mentality. Lafayette can beat Louisa. They proved last week that they are for real. They beat a KF team that handled nationally ranked Oscar Smith. That is all that needs to be said. If Louisa rests on the fact that they beat 2 great undefeated teams and think they will now cruise they will get beat. Stay hungry boys, that is the key to going all the way!

With that said this isn't a knock on Monacan or Dinwiddie. The talent they had would probably not be a good fit for a run orient offense like the I or Wing T/ Single wing. So I totally understand why they run that offense. I just hate it.
IMO, Monacan and Dinwiddie have the personnel to run whatever they want. Monacan ran some I against us and was successful. Dinwiddie runs it too and ran it against Salem and other teams, but didn't against us. I was actually waiting for Dinwiddie to line up in the I with Big Pope at tailback or TE, but it never happened. They didn't need to, they were able to pass all day. I think if either team ran LC Bird's offense, they'd be just as nasty as they are now.

Last edited:
I would like to share some thoughts on the upcoming game and play-offs in general. First off I am so happy that I will see a game with two teams running offenses that a lot of folks think are obsolete in today's High School game. Single Wing and Wing T. I am sick of basketball on grass. With that said this isn't a knock on Monacan or Dinwiddie. The talent they had would probably not be a good fit for a run orient offense like the I or Wing T/ Single wing. So I totally understand why they run that offense. I just hate it.
Second, I watched Lafayette scrimmage Chancellor this year and from what I heard and saw this year was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Well great job to the Lafayette kids and coaches. Obviously they reloaded because they are a great program and have been going on 20 years now.
I hope Louisa stays with the underdog mentality. Lafayette can beat Louisa. They proved last week that they are for real. They beat a KF team that handled nationally ranked Oscar Smith. That is all that needs to be said. If Louisa rests on the fact that they beat 2 great undefeated teams and think they will now cruise they will get beat. Stay hungry boys, that is the key to going all the way!
With all Lafayette graduated from last year from a semi final playoff group I had anticipated a rebuilding year also. Entire backfield except Qb gone, entire secondary gone, all wide receivers gone, and some key linemen gone. The fewest returning starters in 5 years. Win or lose Saturday an incredible achievement to win the 4 A region against some top competition. The players and coaches outdid themselves this year. To me the most impressive results in a long time at Lafayette.

With all Lafayette graduated from last year from a semi final playoff group I had anticipated a rebuilding year also. Entire backfield except Qb gone, entire secondary gone, all wide receivers gone, and some key linemen gone. The fewest returning starters in 5 years. Win or lose Saturday an incredible achievement to win the 4 A region against some top competition. The players and coaches outdid themselves this year. To me the most impressive results in a long time at Lafayette.

Well said, Lafayette...totally agree.

Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT