ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette @ Louisa

Who wins

• Louisa

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • Lafayette

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters
I don't know but Dinwiddie isn't too defensive minded.
I beg to differ. Dinwiddie's young DBs have given up scores, but the stats don't lie on their defensive performance overall this season. They've simply played two great offensive teams the last two weeks. Keep in mind they didn't have Big Pope at all against Salem, and one of their defensive linemen played at the LB spot as a result. Their front 7 is excellent. They shut down EV's running game, but Louisa's running game is just that good this year. Every time Dinwiddie made a stout play against the run, Louisa answered with a good run in return. It was just an all-out war in the trenches, and very fun to watch.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
Yeah, Dinwiddie's DBs gave up most of those points. QB Willie Drew was playing backyard football with them until Dinwiddie started blitzing.

I'm a Louisa fan, just giving Dinwiddie their credit. Monacan was actually better overall than Dinwiddie this year, would like to see them play a team like Salem during the regular season.

@Lafayette a couple of other things. There are plenty of restaurants in the towns of Louisa and Mineral for a variety of tastes. Louisa is just down the road from Mineral and the stadium. The usual fast food, plus many great mom and pop spots. If you like Mexican food, Los Tres Potrillos in Louisa has won many awards. Roma Italian next door is also popular. And of course Tavern on the Rail has been mentioned, but it's waaaayy out of the way.

Also, Louisa keeps its student section, the Louisa Loonies, on the field behind the endzone, so don't be alarmed!

Just to help out my buddy since I have family there. There is a dominos, pizza hut, McDonald's, hardened, subway, a Chinese restaurant, Mexican as he said, romas, and Joe's place which is a pizza place. I may have missed something

Reactions: Lafayette
In the town of Louisa, there's also Obrigado (Mediterranean and very popular but I haven't been there), Smokin' Eddie's BBQ, Carrie's Soul Food Cafe, and a couple of Chinese places. You can't go wrong with either Panda Garden or Hunan Best. Joe's Place has pizza but a lot more as well, their Philly Steak subs are worth a visit. And the new Sheetz has great food too, but I already know that's going to be a madhouse.

Hey @mbonape1 see why Louisa's fans were so big now?! :D Hahaha.

Thanks- leaving 10:45-11:00. Lafayette is sending a bus of fans out at 10:45 and team leaves at 9:45. Should be a comfortable ride!
@LHSRams- going?

I'm seriously considering it...went to Goochland last Friday to see the Poquoson game, so I figure it's Lafayette's turn! Besides, this game just might be a classic....

In the town of Louisa, there's also Obrigado (Mediterranean and very popular but I haven't been there), Smokin' Eddie's BBQ, Carrie's Soul Food Cafe, and a couple of Chinese places. You can't go wrong with either Panda Garden or Hunan Best. Joe's Place has pizza but a lot more as well, their Philly Steak subs are worth a visit. And the new Sheetz has great food too, but I already know that's going to be a madhouse.

Yeah I never seen so many "biggens" rolling into Monacan stadium before!

I have watched Louisa all year and have watched Lafayette on film and from what I see Lafayette matches up with Louisa a lot better than Widdie or Monacan did. This would be my biggest concern if I were coach at Louisa. The fact they are only giving up 6 points a game is a big factor. I still believe Louisa will win but will not be surprised if this were a low scoring 14-7.

Reactions: gwb16 and mbonape1
For Lafayette fans who do decide to stop in the town of Louisa, you can leave town on 208/Courthouse Road and it takes you straight back to 64. There's no need to go back through Mineral.

I hear you and you're correct I just keep looking at that 38 figure Smithfield scored although it was early in the year.
Dinwiddie's young DB's got tested big time that night. Big Pope left in the 1st quarter also. Smithfield's passing attack was hot and cold all season. It was RED HOT against the Generals that night. It was our first game and the Generals second. Denbigh was a glorified JV team. The Packers made a huge statement early in that game. But Dinwiddie doesn't have any quit on their sidelines. They just kept on doing their thing until they took control. It was a good game. Smithfield wasn't a slouch...

I have watched Louisa all year and have watched Lafayette on film and from what I see Lafayette matches up with Louisa a lot better than Widdie or Monacan did. This would be my biggest concern if I were coach at Louisa. The fact they are only giving up 6 points a game is a big factor. I still believe Louisa will win but will not be surprised if this were a low scoring 14-7.

Thats why I was wondering about the strategies in this one. Both can slow roll you to death. Was wondering if either team will get impatient.

Reactions: gwb16
Thats why I was wondering about the strategies in this one. Both can slow roll you to death. Was wondering if either team will get impatient.
Lafayette lulled us to sleep in the first half then BAM... smoked us for a huge passing TD. Not only was it huge, but the kid made a circus catch in the process. If the Rams are anything, they are patient. But I don't think they have the come from behind late type if offense. If they are down by 2 scores heading into the 4th. Game might be over.

Reactions: mbonape1
the word that comes to mind when I think of Lafayette is execution. They are here because the execute well. You know whats coming and they execute the play and you lose. They are coached extremely well.

Like I said before, Louisa is VERY versatile on offense. It will be interesting to see if they start the game in the Single Wing or the Pistol. I am guessing they will want to start fast again, build a lead, then play keep away with the Single Wing. However, if Lafayette indeed matches up that well, then there would be no harm in starting with the SW and trying to grind them down early.

How is Lafayette's conditioning? That's been a HUGE factor in each playoff win for Louisa. Every opponent was huffing and puffing with hands on hips in the 3rd quarter. Louisa's hurry up Pistol offense is deadly.

Like I said before, Louisa is VERY versatile on offense. It will be interesting to see if they start the game in the Single Wing or the Pistol. I am guessing they will want to start fast again, build a lead, then play keep away with the Single Wing. However, if Lafayette indeed matches up that well, then there would be no harm in starting with the SW and trying to grind them down early.

How is Lafayette's conditioning? That's been a HUGE factor in each playoff win for Louisa. Every opponent was huffing and puffing with hands on hips in the 3rd quarter.
I've never seen a Ram squad gasping for air late in a game. Never.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
conditioning shouldn't be an issue at this point in the season unless the weather is unseasonably hot which it won't be.

How is Lafayette's conditioning? That's been a HUGE factor in each playoff win for Louisa. Every opponent was huffing and puffing with hands on hips in the 3rd quarter. Louisa's hurry up Pistol offense is deadly.
This squad went all 48 with DC and KF and looked like the first Q at the end. They play a lot of different players, shuttling many in and out on most plays.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

Yea I had completely forgotten about all the stuff on other side of stoplight at Sheetz. I have had the BBQ, Chinese, Joe's Place, Romas, and Mexican, and the usual chains. Romas was favorite, but pizza and subs are great at Joe's Place.

Thanks, I'll check out the article. The Jungle and its atmosphere is pretty well known all around the state nowadays. I wonder if they'll bring in the skydivers again tomorrow. I know they'll have the daytime fireworks again, haha. But knowing Louisa, they probably have something brand new up their sleeve. In the 2006 state semi against Powhatan, they had a plane fly across the stadium with a banner welcoming everyone to The Jungle. They also had I believe a $10,000 or $50,000 raffle for that game. A couple of times this season they had a drone fly over the field and get shots of the crowd.

By the way, I know you guys won't have to resort to it, but fans can sit on the hill by the middle school and watch the game as well. It's gonna be so electric tomorrow!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT