ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE Blog - Class 2 Boys State Championship Game: Radford 74, East Rockingham 50

Triple by Radford’s Quinton Morton-Robertson puts Bobcats on top 11-10 with two minutes left in 1st Qtr. We shall refer to him simply as “QMR” for the sake of expedient tweeting from here on out.

East Rock’s Collin Wigley hit with a technical foul for going after Radford’s Cormany after what looked like a kick by Cormany. Cormany was hit with an offensive foul, and then Wigley got the tech.

Cormany did kick that kid from Eastern Rock. They should've kicked Cormany out of the game.

QMR is one of the best players in the state, on any level, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying Radford could beat every team in the state, but I do think they could compete with any team. I don't care what level, QMR is one of the best players in the state.

Reactions: AntGZee
Radford beat D-3 state champ Northside this year. Their guard game is better than GW Danville but I think GW would wear them down with their size and overall athletecism.

Great season, Bobcats! What a run!

QMR with 22, 42, 41 (105 total) in the three state games. That’s gotta be up there in the record books. He wasn’t leaving high school without a 2A title.

I commend Coach Cormany on a great season. Undefeated champs. I really commend him on taking his son out of the game. It was bush league what he did. Enough about that. Congrats to the Radford Bobcats. During the whole state finals, QMR was one of the best players I saw. IMO!!

Reactions: OnceAKnight
That kid Tyler Nickel will be a problem the next 3 years. I liked his game.

This Radford team and last year's GC team shows what having a great senior player who is a leader and guys around him knowing their roles and being solid players. It's showed with McClung last year against us as he took the game over against us and against Graham. The same with Q this year. We led GC pretty good and Martinsville pretty good where we kind of had the feel that we were in control and that Q always answered when MV and GC made a run. Against Graham, they cut it to 6 with just over 3 minutes left and I was worried as a fan that we may lose the game. But, Q took it over. Congrats to the Bobcats on a remarkable season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT