3. Monacan
4. Lake Taylor
5. Louisa County
6. Eastern View
7. Blacksburg
8. Sherando
9. Lafayette
10. Woodgrove
HM: William Byrd, Millbrook, Patrick Henry (Ash)

Region A:
1. Lake Taylor
2. Lafayette
3. King's Fork
4. Smithfield
5. Heritage-NN
6. Grafton

Region B:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. Louisa County
4. Eastern View
5. Courtland
6. Chancellor
7. King George
8. Powhatan

Region C:
1. Sherando
2. Woodgrove
3. Millbrook
4. Dominion
5. Kettle Run
6. Loudoun County

Region D:
1. Salem
2. William Byrd
3. Blacksburg
4. George Washington
5. Charlottesville
6. EC Glass
7. Amherst County
8. Jefferson Forest

Last edited:
BK, you sure you want LT in there? I saw them against Freedom Saturday and they looked really bad, despite the fact that Freedom is a good D-6 team. The way LT played Saturday, unless that was an aberration, they would struggle with any good Class 3/4 team. I don't know a whole lot about the Tidewater teams, but if LT plays like that all year the best they can hope for is just to make the playoffs.

BK, you sure you want LT in there? I saw them against Freedom Saturday and they looked really bad, despite the fact that Freedom is a good D-6 team. The way LT played Saturday, unless that was an aberration, they would struggle with any good Class 3/4 team. I don't know a whole lot about the Tidewater teams, but if LT plays like that all year the best they can hope for is just to make the playoffs.

I think I'm going to give the Titans one more chance. They mess up again, don't expect them even in my honorable mention.

Reactions: falcettik
1. Dinwiddie
2. Salem
3. Eastern View
4. Louisa County
5. Sherando
6. Charlottesville
7. Blacksburg
8. Woodgrove
9. Millbrook
10. Liberty

It's very early and this is just for fun....Obviously Salem and Dinwiddie are at the top of 4a until proven otherwise. Eastern View and Louisa have alot of talent back. EV made a deep run and they return alot of key components. Louisa returns alot of tough athletes that can make a deep run. Sherando was a tough squad with a tough schedule last year, this year they are all juniors and will run away with their new district. C-Ville another team with lots of returning talent who is hungry and able to make a push. I do think lafayette and Lake Taylor are down from lasy uear, they just do not return the horses like some of the other squads.

Again this is completely just for fun and not a jab at any team.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
1. Dinwiddie
2. Salem
3. Eastern View
4. Louisa County
5. Sherando
6. Charlottesville
7. Blacksburg
8. Woodgrove
9. Millbrook
10. Liberty

It's very early and this is just for fun....Obviously Salem and Dinwiddie are at the top of 4a until proven otherwise. Eastern View and Louisa have alot of talent back. EV made a deep run and they return alot of key components. Louisa returns alot of tough athletes that can make a deep run. Sherando was a tough squad with a tough schedule last year, this year they are all juniors and will run away with their new district. C-Ville another team with lots of returning talent who is hungry and able to make a push. I do think lafayette and Lake Taylor are down from lasy uear, they just do not return the horses like some of the other squads.

Cville at #6! Oh man! :D

Region A:
1. Lake Taylor
2. Lafayette
3. King's Fork
4. Smithfield
5. Heritage-NN
6. Grafton

Region A is totally up in the air after last week's Lake Taylor loss. Deep Creek could be on this list shortly, too.

1. Dinwiddie
2. Salem
3. Monacan
4. Lake Taylor
5. Louisa County
6. Eastern View
7. Blacksburg
8. Sherando
9. Lafayette
10. Woodgrove

Region A:
1. Lake Taylor
2. Lafayette
3. King's Fork
4. Smithfield
5. Heritage-NN
6. Grafton

Region B:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. Louisa County
4. Eastern View
5. Courtland
6. Chancellor
7. King George
8. Powhatan

Region C:
1. Sherando
2. Woodgrove
3. Millbrook
4. Dominion
5. Kettle Run
6. Loudoun County

Region D:
1. Salem
2. William Byrd
3. Blacksburg
4. Charlottesville
5. George Washington
6. EC Glass
7. Amherst County
8. Jefferson Forest

1. Dinwiddie
2. Salem
3. Monacan
4. Louisa
5. Sherando
6. Blacksburg
7. Millbrook
8. Eastern View
9. Kings Fork
10. Lafayette

1. Dinwiddie
2. Salem
3. Eastern View
4. Louisa County
5. Sherando
6. Charlottesville
7. Blacksburg
8. Woodgrove
9. Millbrook
10. Liberty

Wow, this group is region c and d heavy. Surprised by Monacan omission. They can compete with and possibly beat every team on your top 10. I understand your concern about region a as they have all lost, but Kings Fork is a very good team and someone will have to represent their region.

Nice job by all.

1. Dinwiddie
2. Salem
3. Monacan
4. Lake Taylor
5. Louisa County
6. Eastern View
7. Blacksburg
8. Sherando
9. Lafayette
10. Woodgrove

Region A:
1. Lake Taylor
2. Lafayette
3. King's Fork
4. Smithfield
5. Heritage-NN
6. Grafton

Region B:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. Louisa County
4. Eastern View
5. Courtland
6. Chancellor
7. King George
8. Powhatan

Region C:
1. Sherando
2. Woodgrove
3. Millbrook
4. Dominion
5. Kettle Run
6. Loudoun County

Region D:
1. Salem
2. William Byrd
3. Blacksburg
4. Charlottesville
5. George Washington
6. EC Glass
7. Amherst County
8. Jefferson Forest

Why do you have cville ahead of GW and glass?

??? Amherst has 2 losses, no doubt a good team but still. Don't count chickens when creatin your top 8/10. Who's the top 8 right now!

I still think that Amherst is up that high. They lost to Salem and Blacksburg. I could be wrong though. The list I commented is who I think is best right now. And to be honest, I'd probably put GW lower. That defense needs some serious help!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Region A:
1. Lake Taylor
2. Lafayette
3. King's Fork
4. Smithfield
5. Heritage-NN
6. Grafton

Region A is totally up in the air after last week's Lake Taylor loss. Deep Creek could be on this list shortly, too.
This looks ok to me except Grafton. I saw them against Warhill and they were the worst Grafton team I have seen in years. The rest need another 2 games to really sort out.

1. Dinwiddie
2. Salem
3. Louisa County
4. Sherando
5. Eastern View
6. Blacksburg
7. Woodgrove
8. Lake Taylor
9. Monacan
10. William Byrd

I think there's a decent gap between the top two and everyone else, but that gap is closer than it has been in recent years.

1. Dinwiddie
2. Salem
3. Louisa County
4. Sherando
5. Eastern View
6. Blacksburg
7. Woodgrove
8. Lake Taylor
9. Monacan
10. William Byrd

I think there's a decent gap between the top two and everyone else, but that gap is closer than it has been in recent years.
This is a really good top ten Shruikan. I am still high on Kings Fork (ommission) and Monacan (9), but I can't complain at all with this. Nice job.

I like it! Even though Hamspear says Sherando is a year away I believe the Warriors will make some noise this year. Nice pick with PH-Ashland. Their starting qb returns this week after missing the first two games. They remind me of the 2015 Hanover Hawks. By the way your Chiefs are better than Kings Fork.

Monacan needs to have a good showing before they are in my top 5. Problem for Pat henry is it is going to be tough to stay there. I do think they are going to end up anywhere between 6-4 to 8-2. Which would be very impressive considering their schedule. Would be a tough draw for the number 1 seed if they only lost to HSHS and Varina wouldnt it? The question is can they beat the Henrico's and LD's of the world. I'm not sure but leaning toward yes. Other schools I have in the top 5 bc they are winning in such dominant fashion. Its all still real early. Hunches have to be marginal at this point gotta roll with the evidence at hand thus far.

I like it! Even though Hamspear says Sherando is a year away I believe the Warriors will make some noise this year. Nice pick with PH-Ashland. Their starting qb returns this week after missing the first two games. They remind me of the 2015 Hanover Hawks. By the way your Chiefs are better than Kings Fork.

I'm just saying that because , I am not committing to nothing until I see what I want to see. In the face of adversity , will they rise up. But they have me believing so far. Offense and defense.

Right now in Region D:
1. Salem
2. Blacksburg
3. George Washington
4. William Byrd
5. EC Glass
6. Charlottesville
7. Amherst County
8. Jefferson Forest
I like that. As far as playoffs seedings go I'll take
1. Salem 9-1
2. GW 9-1
3. Charlottesville 8-2
4. Byrd 9-1
5. Blacksburg 8-2
6. Amherst 7-3
7. Glass 6-4
8. LCA 5-5

JF misses out

Yeah, the boys in region D can put up points. We shall see if they (except Salem) can play some defense. Are the offenses that good or the defenses that bad? Not being sarcastic I really don't know.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I like that. As far as playoffs seedings go I'll take
1. Salem 9-1
2. GW 9-1
3. Charlottesville 8-2
4. Byrd 9-1
5. Blacksburg 8-2
6. Amherst 7-3
7. Glass 6-4
8. LCA 5-5

JF misses out

I've got a slew of questions for you my friend. You think Glass will go 3-4 in seminole? And you think Pulaski will lose to someone other than Salem, BBurg and PH? Those 3 losses would make them 6-4. If LCA goes 5-5 then they will be 4-3 in seminole play as they are currently 0-2. Who do they beat and lose too? I like where you have the other teams outside of us. If we don't tighten up on defense we're a 5-5, 6-4 team. If we get it together then 8-2 is not outside the realm of reality IMO.

I was looking at the offense given up to Amherst by Blacksburg . 381 yards rushing. I will take Salem easily in that game. Amherst had two turnovers , don't know the details but that is a lot of yards rushing. What you think Salem is going to do? Not being smart , just realistic.

I've got a slew of questions for you my friend. You think Glass will go 3-4 in seminole? And you think Pulaski will lose to someone other than Salem, BBurg and PH? Those 3 losses would make them 6-4. If LCA goes 5-5 then they will be 4-3 in seminole play as they are currently 0-2. Who do they beat and lose too? I like where you have the other teams outside of us. If we don't tighten up on defense we're a 5-5, 6-4 team. If we get it together then 8-2 is not outside the realm of reality IMO.
Good questions Coach. To answer your questions, I don't know how I came up with those, especially 5 down. I have zero idea how it'll play out. Bleeding Navy and I both agree that there is no D in Region D. Nobody in D except Salem is playing any defense and even they gave up 24 to Amherst in the first half. I think your Black Knights will be in the thick of things. I think the Louisa game is a toss up, but I've been on the BK bandwagon and I'll stay on there. GW and Salem SHOULD finish 9-1. Blacksburg and Magna Vista will have a say in that. Byrd's schedule is really weak so loses to SR and LB could really hurt them. Glass will lose to Heritage, possibly JF and maybe even LCA. That's just me. I have zero idea about Pulaski but imo they lose to PH, Salem, Blacksburg and I think they drop one to either HV or CS... That's just me.

I was looking at the offense given up to Amherst by Blacksburg . 381 yards rushing. I will take Salem easily in that game. Amherst had two turnovers , don't know the details but that is a lot of yards rushing. What you think Salem is going to do? Not being smart , just realistic.
I have Salem by at least 3 touchdowns. Should be a lot closer. Maybe the biggest game in BBurg regular season history.

Blacksburg was pulling starters in the 3rd. The stats and final score are a little misleading.

Reactions: JOrndorff
So cb2018, give us your prediction. Can Blacksburg and better yet will the Bruins beat Salem?

I know Blacksburg has talented skill players, can produce points, but can they withstand the punishing running game of Salem and win this game.

I have my doubts, but please convince me otherwise.

Good questions Coach. To answer your questions, I don't know how I came up with those, especially 5 down. I have zero idea how it'll play out. Bleeding Navy and I both agree that there is no D in Region D. Nobody in D except Salem is playing any defense and even they gave up 24 to Amherst in the first half. I think your Black Knights will be in the thick of things. I think the Louisa game is a toss up, but I've been on the BK bandwagon and I'll stay on there. GW and Salem SHOULD finish 9-1. Blacksburg and Magna Vista will have a say in that. Byrd's schedule is really weak so loses to SR and LB could really hurt them. Glass will lose to Heritage, possibly JF and maybe even LCA. That's just me. I have zero idea about Pulaski but imo they lose to PH, Salem, Blacksburg and I think they drop one to either HV or CS... That's just me.

Fair enough. I disagree on some those sentiments but no issues with your opinion. Week 5(Sept 22) will give a lot of clarity around the region. Bburg-Salem, which will likely decide the RRD. Glass-Heritage, which will be huge momentum game to open up Seminole play. Byrd-Richlands, as Byrd will see their toughest non-district opponent.

So cb2018, give us your prediction. Can Blacksburg and better yet will the Bruins beat Salem?

I know Blacksburg has talented skill players, can produce points, but

I know Blacksburg has talented skill players, can produce points, but can they withstand the punishing running game of Salem and win this game.

I have my doubts, but please convince me otherwise.
Well Navy, Bburg's run D was a concern to me before the season and the stats haven't proven me wrong. I've said all season, the Bruins may have to rely on out scoring opponents. IF Bburg can get enough stops on D to give the O enough time to work, i think they win.

Without giving away too much strategy do you think you will predominately attack them with the run or pass (both)?

The Spartans secondary is sound and experienced, so getting them through the air will not be easy. Their run defense against us was sound for the most part, but our running qb forced Salem to adapt.

Whats your answer for Ramsey and Owen. They hit us hard on the ground. All good backs and I dont see the Spartans coughing it up 3 times.

Sal
Well Navy, Bburg's run D was a concern to me before the season and the stats haven't proven me wrong. I've said all season, the Bruins may have to rely on out scoring opponents. IF Bburg can get enough stops on D to give the O enough time to work, i think they win.
salem will 3 yards and a cloud of dust you all day if you let them. If there is a question with run defense , sounds like trouble to me. The thing the more Salem is getting to do what they want to do, then running the ball keeps Blacksburg Offense off the field with the clock running. But also, Salem has had turnover issues , so you never know what could happen . I predict Salem has fixed the loose ball stuff this week.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Region A:
1. Lafayette 9-1 Probably will not lose any more games but Warhill can challenge them.
2. Smithfield 8-2 Probably will not lose any more games but Warhill can challenge them.
3. Warhill 8-2 Will likely lose 2 games to Lafayette and Smithfield
4. Lake Taylor 7-3 Will probably lose 2 more games to Phoebus and Norcom.
5. Deep Creek 7-3 Will likely lose to Oscar Smith, Indian River and Western Branch
6. King's Fork 6-4 Will likely lose to Oscar Smith, Indian River and Grassfield.

Grafton will have 5 loses and they have lost to Warhill 41-0 already.
Heritage will have 4 losses and they have already lost to Warhill 28-21.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT