ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus 14-0 vs. Heritage-Lynchburg 12-2

Who wins and why?

• Phoebus

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Heritage-Lynchburg

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
I dont care if Phoebus struggles on offense. I dont believe they will. All that matters is winning the game and getting our 9th State Championship in 21 years. Heritage got blown out by Dinwiddie 49 -7 in September but it doesnt matter. They made it to the championship. Every team struggles and no team is perfect, even Phoebus. Again the goal is to win the game. Statistics don't matter and when mentioning Phoebus's 8 previous championships, I dont hear anything about their struggles because they won and no team has more championships in the last 21 years than struggling Phoebus...lol
That is wrong though. Since 2000 (so 21 years, as this year isnt over yet)

Phoebus: 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2021. 8 Titles

Riverheads: 2000, 2006, 2010, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (Spring 2021), 2021. 9 titles

Reactions: Kenneth Harris

Riverheads: 2000, 2006, 2010, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (Spring 2021), 2021. 9 titles
Phoebus would smash Riverheads 10 out of 10 times...lol and they benefit from playing in their division. They are state champs with 9 titles. Thats a great accomplishment. But respectfully, they are not on Phoebus level at all.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Phoebus would smash Riverheads 10 out of 10 times...lol and they benefit from playing in their division. They are state champs with 9 titles. Thats a great accomplishment. But respectfully, they are not on Phoebus level at all.
Respectfully, he didn't say they were on Phoebus' level.

Respectfully, there are six divisions for a reason. Why even compare Phoebus to Riverheads? Or even envision a matchup between them? Apples and oranges.

All I know is…3 more days and the 3A forum (for football) will become a lot more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Respectfully, he didn't say they were on Phoebus' level.

Respectfully Riverheads wasnt in the conversation to begin with.

Not a Riverheads fan, so not saying it as my school. Phoebus would beat them 15 out of 10 times.

But you put INCORRECT information on here, Phoebus does not have the most championships in 21 years.

So even though you put something WRONG, should I have just said you are wrong, which would then resulted in you trying to say you are not and/or ask how you are wrong, which would have resulted in giving you the correct info?

The post was nothing against Phoebus or for anyone else, but when trying to brag (rightfully so) but also in same breath call them struggling, probably good to have it correct.

I think you are misunderstanding the original post. Again, you are correct, LCA was the favorite in that game and Phoebus did have a good performance on defense but LCA outgained Phoebus on offense. LCA had 220 yards of offense that game, not less than 150.

I never said Phoebus would struggle this Saturday. I don't have a dog in the fight so I don't care what happens Saturday. My point was that Phoebus beat LCA last year but their offense struggled in the that game.
If LCA doesn't have a major injury and a visit by the local k-9 sniffing crew, they might be playing in the game Saturday.

If LCA doesn't have a major injury and a visit by the local k-9 sniffing crew, they might be playing in the game Saturday.
No one is talking about the Pioneers losing Steele for the year. Injuires, stupid decisions are all apart of sports...teams move on with the next man up. iiwii= it is what it is

Last edited:

And going for 10

Reactions: 10iceiceice
Most on this post are talking about things that happened years ago. I've seen THIS YEARS Phoebus team. Gonna be very hard to beat. By the way, I am not from Phoebus, just the handle I go by.

Reactions: SFUWO
Most on this post are talking about things that happened years ago. I've seen THIS YEARS Phoebus team. Gonna be very hard to beat. By the way, I am not from Phoebus, just the handle I go by.
Exactly! Yrs past has nothing to do with this yr. Every 4 yrs a new crop of kids come to play.

This Riverheads vs Phoebus convo that started in this thread is why I left these boards. Too many people on here that just dont know football. Riverheads owns 1A, they will not own 2A next yr when they HAVE to move up. You cant get away with that single wing bullcrap at 3A and up anymore. This Phoebus team would beat a Riverheads 100 x out of 100.

Reactions: 20Bronco06
I knew I would get your dander up!! Your right of course but when I think of powerhouse I think of Phoebus, LT, Salem , Oscar Smith, Dinwiddie, and a few others. Many other excellent teams but not necessarily “power houses”. Matter of interpretation. I see Lafayette as an excellent team but not a powerhouse on the State stage.
Lets not count out coaching...Bradley at 1A William Campbell (coach Smith from appo under him) has 3 state championships as well if I remember correctly. He was coach of Cedric Pearman that went on to play for Bengals.

This is why I will always be grateful to Coach Smith for the Appomattox Raiders (2A). Out of the last 8 years they have made it to the semi final game twice and won the state 5 other times. Still the best things he has done is teaching those boys what truly matters in life.
Coach Blunt from Phoebus has the same humble spirit that Coach Smith has. I see the similarities. He loves and cares for the kids he coaches. Met him in Hampton since I moved out this way. We have hung out quite a few times. Great freaking guy! He actually played for Phoebus growing up as well.

Coach Blunt from Phoebus has the same humble spirit that Coach Smith has. I see the similarities. He loves and cares for the kids he coaches. Met him in Hampton since I moved out this way. We have hung out quite a few times. Great freaking guy! He actually played for Phoebus growing up as well.
Yeah Blunt was starting LB for first state title team in 2001.

Lets not count out coaching...Bradley at 1A William Campbell (coach Smith from appo under him) has 3 state championships as well if I remember correctly. He was coach of Cedric Pearman that went on to play for Bengals.
Yes you are correct

Maybe Phoebus benefits from playing in their division. Maybe Highland Springs and Freedom would beat them 10 out of 10 times.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what division you play in. You're playing vs similar competition and no one has done it like Riverheads in VA. Not even Phoebus during their run.

This Riverheads vs Phoebus convo that started in this thread is why I left these boards. Too many people on here that just dont know football. Riverheads owns 1A, they will not own 2A next yr when they HAVE to move up. You cant get away with that single wing bullcrap at 3A and up anymore. This Phoebus team would beat a Riverheads 100 x out of 100.
I'm not so sure about that. They put 62 on the board against a good Lord Botetourt team in 2021. They may not win the title every year but they will be semi finals every year

This thread got off topic! Good luck to the young men on both Heritage and Phoebus hitting the field at noon. Let’s have a good clean and injury free game. I’m on my way to Lynchburg baby!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT