ADVERTISEMENT

Radford-Gretna 2

I'm not picking against my team, but we are playing a team that doubled us in total yds in game one. At this point in the season, Gretna may be flat out better than us and it's going to take Radfords A game to win. We are definitely the underdogs. I just don't know if we come out of this one on top.

Bobcats will have to bring their A+ game to win this. Kip is back this week which will help on the line. If the Bobcats have no turnovers and get at least 2 turnovers from Gretna then the Bobcats will win. If not, Gretna will win.

As mentioned above it will come down to if Gretna can eliminate turn overs. Gretna had five and four in first half against DR other night and still led 35-0 at halftime. They had five turnovers in TJ game. From this point forward with the competition they do that, they lose. Also if Radford keeps it close and comes down to the end I would have to favor Radford and their coach to pull out win. If Gretna can come play hard four quarters with no turnovers then think they could win by 2-3 scores.

Gretna by 2 touchdowns Hard to beat a team twice in the same year . Gretna has the talent to beat anybody but you don’t know what they going to get out there coach . Saunders is a great coach I’m sure he’ll have a good game plain to slow that running attack down for Gretna . Load the box force Gretna to pass if I was radford .

Gretna by 2 touchdowns Hard to beat a team twice in the same year . Gretna has the talent to beat anybody but you don’t know what they going to get out there coach . Saunders is a great coach I’m sure he’ll have a good game plain to slow that running attack down for Gretna . Load the box force Gretna to pass if I was radford .
Yea that’s same thing Appo did. Eleven in box with outside contain. What you going do?

Looks like it might be raining, not sure whom that will benefit the most
Maybe a slight edge to Radford with more straight forward running and bigger line. The Radford field will be in the best shape its been in years. Have gotten help and advice from local colleges and looks good. We'll see how well it holds up under rain.

Reactions: Bo Bob
Gretna people should remember the bad days leading up to and including the fourty some game losing streak. To set a state record for consecutive losses and then to put together a run that included 5 state titles is remarkable. But how quickly things can change. Gretna football used to be the hottest ticket in town. Now El Cazador and The Pod can outdraw the Hawks on any given Friday night. Oh the fickle fans.

I'll be pulling for the Hawks tonight to keep a level head and come home from Radford with the win. I know they can do it if they play smart. On the other hand i want Appo to play Radford next week if we win tonight against Glenvar, it's time for some revenge. lol

Gretna people should remember the bad days leading up to and including the fourty some game losing streak. To set a state record for consecutive losses and then to put together a run that included 5 state titles is remarkable. But how quickly things can change. Gretna football used to be the hottest ticket in town. Now El Cazador and The Pod can outdraw the Hawks on any given Friday night. Oh the fickle fans.
Yeah keeping the community fans involved and attending games is a big nightmare no matter if your winning or not. Wish i knew the answere.

BTW, Radford has not had the same starting lineup for any game this season. They have had to adjust for something every game.

BTW, Radford has not had the same starting lineup for any game this season. They have had to adjust for something every game.
Well I call that coaching to be 9-2 with 11 different line-ups. Also it says alot for the kids perseverance and belief and faith in each other and the coaching staff. Most teams would have given up if they had half the injuries Radford has had this year, not only the number but the importance of the personnel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT