ADVERTISEMENT

Rappahannock vs Middlesex

Aug 18, 2014
The Middlesex Chargers went into Rappahannock with little fear starting off the first half hot and controlling much of the first half. Rappahannock responded with some fury of their own controlling the second half.

At the end of regulation the score was tied 1-1.

First overtime went off without much action. Second overtime Middlesex had a handball in the box giving Rapp a penalty kick. Goalkeeper Tyrell Key had a great save.

Sudden death #1 went off quick.

Sudden death #2 a few corners both way but no result.

To the shootout we go tied 1-1
Rapp- Kick stopped by goalie
Middlesex - Kick stopped by goalie
Rapp- Scores 1-2
Middlesex- Jack Ruark scores 2-2
Rapp- Scores 2-3
Middlesex- Shawn Haskiell scores 3-3
Rapp- Misses- 3-3
Middlesex- Cole Radabaugh scores 4-3
Rapp- Stopped- 4-3

Game over Middlesex Chargers take the victory and are the region 1A East Champs. Congratulations to the Chargers. A lot of class shown in this final game between two very tough opponents.So much more than that of Middlesex last opponent good . Good luck to both teams as they move forward in the state tournament, you will represent our region well!

Wow, what a run for Middlesex!

Congrats. What a win over a powerhouse Raider team at Rappahannock.

#3 seed Middlesex gets a bye in the 1st round -

then wins three games in a row - all in Overtime! to take the Region A Crown!

Middlesex over Northumberland 4-3 OT at home, then...

Middlesex wins at West Point 2-1 in OT, then...

Middlesex wins at Rappahannock - 1-1 (MHS wins in the PK shootout) to get top seed.

I'm not sure if I remember a team winning all three in OT! Like the old NC State basketball team that always won at the buzzer.

Good luck to Region A in states!

Avoid Galax until the final if possible (have not looked at bracket yet), make sure VHSL puts some Richmond area refs in there (trust me).

A great coach once told me, "Only losers blame the refs. Winners just keep going." I took it to heart, and it really changed the way I watch games now. As for Galax, they lost Region C last night to Auburn on PK's. Like I said, that Eagles team is set to cause an upset or two.

Reactions: uvacavs1
lol - I agree with you - I am talking about a totally different issue - but as I said before that involved Radford - they are not in tournament anymore so all should be well.

wow- Galax lost... Good for Auburn. - interesting.

Regions B and D are weak except Riverheads may be good enough to pull off some wins - Region D may be overwhelmed as usual.

I could see Riverheads dropping tonight against Stonewall. That is a pretty solid squad and it is hard to beat a good team three times. But I agree with Region D PH-Glade Spring has come a long way, but I just don't see them making it out of first round. Especially against Galax.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT