ADVERTISEMENT

Region 3D Playoffs

MascotMemorizer

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 30, 2007
One of these three teams - Northside, Cave Spring, and Tunstall - will NOT reach states.

Region 3D Seeds (Top 10 Qualify)
1 Northside
2 Tunstall
3 Cave Spring
4 Abingdon
5 Lord Botetourt
6 Bassett
7 Carroll County
8 William Byrd
9 Magna Vista
10 Hidden Valley

First Round, February 17
10 Hidden Valley at 7 Carroll County (winner plays 2 Tunstall)
9 Magna Vista at 8 William Byrd (winner plays 1 Northside)

Quarterfinals - 2/21
MV/WB winner at 1 Northside
5 Lord Botetourt at 4 Abingdon
HV/CC winner at 2 Tunstall
6 Bassett at 3 Cave Spring

Semifinals - 2/23

Championship - 2/25

I'm my opinion, Tunstall will be the team that doesn't make it. I see Northside and Cave Spring matching up to play for the Region title.

Hopewell/Northside in the state championship game in my opinion at vcu but things can change.

I said the same thing a few weeks ago. And I would take Northside to win, but anything could happen.
If Northside gets by Abingdon (2 Footers) they win the region. Cave is too good for Tunstall but they'll make it interesting thru halftime. But the adjustments will be too much. SPOTSWOOD and Hopewell will be in States making 3A an amazing finish

I'm picking Northside or Cave Spring to play Hopewell in Richmond.

Over here in the east I think it comes down to hopewell, lake Taylor, ? petersburg may be a surprise booker t washington or Lafayette. but hopewell has the best team they can win it all if they cut down on turnovers make free-throws and rebound better if they can they will be in the finals with a chance to win it.

Tunstall’s schedule hurt them. They played a lot of teams with very weak guard play. They have no half court offense and you can’t press teams like Northside or CS. Tunstall is used to establishing tempo (because they were so much better than the teams they played) and they’ll struggle mightily when teams slow the game down. See a lot of Tunstall coaches and fans saying that them winning the district championship without D’dric Rogers shows how good they were. They’ll see very soon the affects of their weak schedule and losing D’dric.

Tunstall’s schedule hurt them. They played a lot of teams with very weak guard play. They have no half court offense and you can’t press teams like Northside or CS. Tunstall is used to establishing tempo (because they were so much better than the teams they played) and they’ll struggle mightily when teams slow the game down. See a lot of Tunstall coaches and fans saying that them winning the district championship without D’dric Rogers shows how good they were. They’ll see very soon the affects of their weak schedule and losing D’dric.
Agreed they have lost Graves and Rodgers, can't imagine how good that team could've been but just don't see it with this group

Over here in the east I think it comes down to hopewell, lake Taylor, ? petersburg may be a surprise booker t washington or Lafayette. but hopewell has the best team they can win it all if they cut down on turnovers make free-throws and rebound better if they can they will be in the finals with a chance to win it.
Familiar with Hopewell and Petersburg but what does Lake Taylor have this year?

Lake Taylor has a good team this year with two 6'7 kids that are really good and some quick guards.

Agreed they have lost Graves and Rodgers, can't imagine how good that team could've been but just don't see it with this group
Graves was named Player of the Year for his conference and will be an All State player in 1A. D’dric is the starting PG for a Southern Durham team who has a legit shot of winning it all this year. Both of those young men will play at the next level and leaving Tunstall was a power move for both of them.

I like both Edmonds and Cobbs for Tunstall. Those young men have played well. Brice Pool has taken a huge step this year and I’d argue that he’s their most important player. I just don’t think they’ve been prepared for a serious run. That’s not on the kids.

Tough competition all around. Cave got blown out round 1 by Northside then made it a real good game a few months later. If they get by Tunstall (I think they will) then they will give Northside all they can handle for the region title. My bold prediction-Cave Spring beats Northside in the region title, then Northside beats them in the state semifinals (if the bracket is set up that way).

Spotswood will win 3C, but I think they will lose to whoever loses that Cave/Northside game (Cave beat them by 10 already this year). So out of the west it'll either be Cave Spring or Northside, again, I'll take the Vikings.

Know much less about the east but I think Hopewell and Lake Taylor are probably my bet to advance. Give me Hopewell over Northside in overtime in the state final.

Tough competition all around. Cave got blown out round 1 by Northside then made it a real good game a few months later. If they get by Tunstall (I think they will) then they will give Northside all they can handle for the region title. My bold prediction-Cave Spring beats Northside in the region title, then Northside beats them in the state semifinals (if the bracket is set up that way).

Spotswood will win 3C, but I think they will lose to whoever loses that Cave/Northside game (Cave beat them by 10 already this year). So out of the west it'll either be Cave Spring or Northside, again, I'll take the Vikings.

Know much less about the east but I think Hopewell and Lake Taylor are probably my bet to advance. Give me Hopewell over Northside in overtime in the state final.
Questions it doesn't line up that those regions play in state semis this yr does it, meaning does Spotswood have to play Cave or Northside before State championship?

Hopewell plays great defense and are fast and athletic with very good 3-point shooters long & mines and freshman hunter. and have a good inside game with there 6'5 james & 6'10 freshman center, if they cut down on turnovers and make their free throws and rebound they are capable of winning it all.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Hopewell plays great defense and are fast and athletic with very good 3-point shooters long & mines and freshman hunter. and have a good inside game with there 6'5 james & 6'10 freshman center, if they cut down on turnovers and make their free throws and rebound they are capable of winning it all.
Heard the 6’10 freshman is next up.

One of these three teams - Northside, Cave Spring, and Tunstall - will NOT reach states.

Region 3D Seeds (Top 10 Qualify)
1 Northside
2 Tunstall
3 Cave Spring
4 Abingdon
5 Lord Botetourt
6 Bassett
7 Carroll County
8 William Byrd
9 Magna Vista
10 Hidden Valley

First Round, February 17
10 Hidden Valley at 7 Carroll County (winner plays 2 Tunstall)
9 Magna Vista at 8 William Byrd (winner plays 1 Northside)

Quarterfinals - 2/21
MV/WB winner at 1 Northside
5 Lord Botetourt at 4 Abingdon
HV/CC winner at 2 Tunstall
6 Bassett at 3 Cave Spring

Semifinals - 2/23

Championship - 2/25
Carroll County boys defeat Hidden Valley 80-64.
Cavaliers will travel to Tunstall on Tuesday for a Region 3D Quarterfinal.

William Byrd 84 Magna Vista 74
Advance in 2023 Region 3D Boys Basketball Tournament
Next stop Northside...Tuesday night

Reactions: pizzzzza

Don’t sleep on Abington

Boys Basketball, Region 3D Quarterfinals, 3:28 left: Abingdon 52, Lord Botetourt 52. Luke Honaker with a game-tying 3 for Falcons

Boys Basketball, Region 3D Quarterfinals, 52.8 ticks left: Abingdon 56, Lord Botetourt 55

REGION 3D BOYS END OF 1: Cave Spring 24, Bassett 5 The Knights knocked down 5 3s in the opening quarter.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
REGION 3D BOYS FINAL: Cave Spring 77, Bassett 49

BHS - Ja'Ricous Hairston 14, Elijah Stokes 14
CSHS - Stark Jones 25, Dylan Saunders 21

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT