ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4B Boys Bracket (Updated throughout tournament)

CarolineCav99

VaPreps Rookie
Mar 25, 2002
Fredericksburg, VA
Here is the schedule for the Region 4B Boys Basketball Tournament, which begins Mon. Feb. 19. I will update this post with the results as they happen.

Fri. Feb. 16: Play-In Game
#13 Hanover 76, #12 King George 72

Mon. Feb. 19: First Round
Game 1: #8 Eastern View 70, #9 PH-Ashland 68
Game 2: #13 Hanover 96, #5 Courtland 91 (3OT)
Game 3: #10 Chancellor 77, #7 Dinwiddie 72
Game 4: #6 Midlothian 74, #11 Powhatan 59

Wed. Feb. 21: Quarterfinals
Game 5: #8 Eastern View at #1 Caroline
Game 6: #13 Hanover at #4 Monacan
Game 7: #10 Chancellor at #2 Huguenot
Game 8: #6 Midlothian at #3 Louisa

Fri. Feb. 23: Semifinals (at higher seeds)
Game 9: Game 5 winner vs. Game 6 winner
Game 10: Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 winner

Mon. Feb. 26: Finals (at higher seed)
Game 9 winner vs. Game 10 winner

Last edited:
Here would be my bracket picks:

#13 Hanover over #12 King George
#8 Eastern View over #9 PH Ashland
#7 Dinwiddie over #10 Chancellor
#6 Midlothian over #11 Powhatan
#5 Courtland over #13 Hanover

#4 Monacan over #5 Courtland
#1 Caroline over #8 Eastern View
#3 Louisa over #6 Midlothian
#2 Huguenot over #7 Dinwiddie

#4 Monacan over #1 Caroline
#3 Louisa over #2 Huguenot

#3 Louisa over #4 Monacan

Reactions: 1louisalion
Caroline is my favorite with Louisa a close second. Louisa beat a very good Albemarle team and Caroline beat Louisa and has shown the ability to shoot the 3. If it’s falling, that’s very dangerous this time of the year.

As a positive, I heard Huguenot's new school is nice and I've never been. Hopefully we take care of business Wednesday and don't get the same officials as the other day.

I hope Louisa just blows the wheels off Huguenot. I don't know what will happen, but this system of seedings is so stupid.

Last edited:
I think Region B was the only region to give the Top seed to the District Champion. If both teams won their championships then it would’ve gone by points to determine the Top Spot. Yeah it’s pretty faulted to me.

Here would be my bracket picks:

#8 Eastern View over #9 PH Ashland
#7 Dinwiddie over #10 Chancellor
#6 Midlothian over #11 Powhatan
#5 Courtland over #13 Hanover

#4 Monacan over #5 Courtland
#1 Caroline over #8 Eastern View
#3 Louisa over #6 Midlothian
#2 Huguenot over #7 Dinwiddie

#4 Monacan over #1 Caroline
#3 Louisa over #2 Huguenot

#3 Louisa over #4 Monacan

Game 1: EV over PH
Game 2: Hanover over Courtland
Game 3: Dinwiddie over Chancellor
Game 4: Midlothian over Powhatan

Quarterfinals
Game 5: Caroline over EV
Game 6: 4 Monacan over Hanover
Game 7: Huguenot over Dinwiddie
Game 8: Midlothian over Louisa

Fri. Feb. 23: Semifinals (at higher seeds)
Game 9: Caroline over Monacan
Game 10: Huegunot over Midlothian

Mon. Feb. 26: Finals (at higher seed)
Huegunot over Caroline

Reactions: blackknight_pride
@OCBoy as a reminder, Louisa beat Midlothian in their second or third game this season with some players out and after losing to Albemarle the day before. I'm not saying it's a predictor of the outcome if they play next week, just not sure why Louisa would be picked to lose that one at home if I were a betting man. Maybe you're just going off the average performance against EV.

Midlothian won’t beat Louisa. It won’t be close. Midlothian played probably their best at Louisa earlier this year and lost by 3 in O.T.

@OCBoy as a reminder, Louisa beat Midlothian in their second or third game this season with some players out and after losing to Albemarle the day before. I'm not saying it's a predictor of the outcome if they play next week, just not sure why Louisa would be picked to lose that one at home if I were a betting man. Maybe you're just going off the average performance against EV.
I am aware of that game it doesn’t change my picks. Like I said either Louisa or Caroline wouldn’t make it to the finals

I think OCBoy just isn't a believer in the Jefferson District, which is a fine assumption to have.
Has nothing to do with the district at all I just think either Louisa or Caroline won’t make it to the finals. Shoot Louisa might beat Midlothian but I still have Huegunot winning 4B. If I’m wrong I’m wrong it’s all in fun and game

@OCBoy you should've learned your lesson from Louisa's football team. Haha.
You Louisa guys should have learned your lesson to not hype Louisa up so much so people don’t keep picking against them. Especially whining about losing to Albemarle. That’s not an upset Albemarle is a good team as well

No one implied it was an upset. Albemarle can win it all in 5A. It doesn't change the fact Louisa got royally screwed over the whole game. The call at the end was just the last straw. If you were there you would agree. But other fans should learn to pick game winners based on the teams' actual skill/talent and body of work instead of based on certain fans hyping their own team up.

Last edited:
Last time replying to OCBoy. I’ve never said Albemarle upset Louisa. I’ve never said Albemarle isn’t a good team. I do say Louisa is 21-3 on the year and I think Albemarle 23-1 I think. Refs do nothing to make a game great. Evenly matched teams do that themselves. Refs can however rip the scale one way or another. No whining here just facts. Go Hornets.

No one implied it was an upset. Albemarle can win it all in 5A. It doesn't change the fact Louisa got royally screwed over the whole game. The call at the end was just the last straw. If you were there you would agree. But other fans should learn to pick game winners based on the teams' actual skill/talent instead of based on certain fans hyping their own team up.
Didn’t say anyone from Louisa said it was an upset. I pointed it out because of the whining over the officiating meaning it could have went either way with perfect officiating

Not necessarily. Louisa had an 8 point lead twice in the game when phantom fouls weren't being called on them.

Not necessarily. Louisa had an 8 point lead twice in the game when phantom fouls weren't being called on them.
Regardless if the calls are being called or not I’m sure there were other parts of the game Louisa could have done better and therefor It would have negated those phantom no calls. Albemarle deserves the credit and they won that game. Louisa lost so what move forward and if it’s meant to be they will get back on track. Whining about a loss because it kept Louisa from earning a higher seed isn’t cutting it.

Not only because of the seeding. The official who waived that and-1 clearly lacks integrity. He has done plenty of Louisa games, but this time he made it completely obvious his dislike for our kids/program/whatever, didn't even try to hide it this time. You can't do a bunch of kids like that.

Not only because of the seeding. The official who waived that and-1 clearly lacks integrity. He has done plenty of Louisa games, but this time he made it completely obvious his dislike for our kids/program/whatever, didn't even try to hide it this time. You can't do a bunch of kids like that.
I wonder why the ref dislikes the kids/program/ or whatever?

Honestly, all I’m saying is it happens every year playing against certain teams in the district. Even when those teams were clearly better it still happen.

I wonder why the ref dislikes the kids/program/ or whatever?
Who knows? But otherwise none of us would be whining about the loss or ever mentioned the officiating about this game on here. It just seems personal with him. He wasn't the head ref though. The head ref was the same for both the Albemarle and Charlottesville tourney games, but I bet the Albemarle game would've flowed much better and showcased all of the kids' talent better if we had the whole crew from the Charlottesville game that didn't draw the attention to themselves.

Officiating or not the whining makes Louisa look like soar losers based off what people read off of here

It’s ok for parents/spectators to talk about games that their kids play in. Certainly coaches and refs do the same afterwards. It’s been a good year for lots of programs. What we say here won’t have any influence on play at all.

It’s ok for parents/spectators to talk about games that their kids play in. Certainly coaches and refs do the same afterwards. It’s been a good year for lots of programs. What we say here won’t have any influence on play at all.
Good luck to Louisa the kids are the ones who put it all on the line not whining fans on a forum

I’m just holding a conversation on a forum about local High School Basketball. Not saying anything wrong not using words like whining. Yes good luck to all the teams still playing for something this time of year. Enjoy your evening and check out some games.

I'm sorry you see it that way.

Hanover beat KG last night 76-72. Hanover will play at Courtland Monday at 7PM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT