Douglas Freeman
Glen Allen
Hermitage
JR Tucker
Mills Godwin
Clover Hill
LC Bird
Midlothian
they will now become Class 5C because of the influx of so many Tidewater schools

Western Albemarle has also joined region 4B. For those keeping count that makes 21.

4B South Section
Dinwiddie
Varina
Henrico
Monacan
Matoaca
Atlee
Huguenot
Mechanicsville (will rename 8/20)
George Wythe
Hanover
Patrick Henry

4B North Section

Eastern View
Louisa
Chancellor
Courtland
King George
Orange
Spotsylvania
Caroline
Powhatan
Western Albermarle

Get him a spot on #lastchanceU... who knows what would happen! Maybe he flourishes!

This season is quality. Finally following a coach who isn't a walking ego and shocker, all the idiots on the team magically disappear.

Western Albemarle has also joined region 4B. For those keeping count that makes 21.

4B South Section
Dinwiddie
Varina
Henrico
Monacan
Matoaca
Atlee
Huguenot
Mechanicsville (will rename 8/20)
George Wythe
Hanover
Patrick Henry

4B North Section

Eastern View
Louisa
Chancellor
Courtland
King George
Orange
Spotsylvania
Caroline
Powhatan
Western Albermarle
It would make more sense for Western Albemarle to be in 4D.

They are in the same district with Louisa and orange which are in the region
I understand that but also they make 21 teams in Region B. Western is actually closer to Amherst than it is Orange and Louisa and closer to JF and Glass than any of the other Richmond/Ashland/Fredericksburg schools. If we’re continuing, they’re the same distance of going to Danville and 20 miles closer to Salem than they are to Dinwiddie.. Add 30 minutes and they’re in Blacksburg...Still just as close as Dinwiddie. I can’t do anything to change it but just pointing that out.

I understand that but also they make 21 teams in Region B. Western is actually closer to Amherst than it is Orange and Louisa and closer to JF and Glass than any of the other Richmond/Ashland/Fredericksburg schools. If we’re continuing, they’re the same distance of going to Danville and 20 miles closer to Salem than they are to Dinwiddie.. Add 30 minutes and they’re in Blacksburg...Still just as close as Dinwiddie. I can’t do anything to change it but just pointing that out.
Broadway, Spotswood, Turner Ashby, Rockbridge County, Harrisonburg all closer.

Our High Schools are not doing enough to prep kids for real life. I remember having Vocational classes offered in HS back in my day. Those were for the kids who didn't want to go the college route and wanted to learn a trade instead. They don't do that anymore in HS, they seem to think every kid MUST go to college. Wrong.
As a teacher, I totally agree, and almost all of my fellow teachers do as well. The issue comes down to money and state education requirements. Change will have to start in Richmond.

As a teacher, I totally agree, and almost all of my fellow teachers do as well. The issue comes down to money and state education requirements. Change will have to start in Richmond.
IMHO, quit wasting money on English as a Second Language courses. Bring back the auto shop classes and get the public to donate cars for the students to work on. I did that when I was in college, loaned my prized Camaro to the autobody and auto mechanics students for 5 months to fix it up. Only cost to me was parts and having to wait 5 months to get my car back! Let them sell the donated cars after they fix them up and use the money to put back into the courses. Make it self sustaining.

IMHO, quit wasting money on English as a Second Language courses. Bring back the auto shop classes and get the public to donate cars for the students to work on. I did that when I was in college, loaned my prized Camaro to the autobody and auto mechanics students for 5 months to fix it up. Only cost to me was parts and having to wait 5 months to get my car back! Let them sell the donated cars after they fix them up and use the money to put back into the courses. Make it self sustaining.
Culpeper county is building a vocational tech center for purposes of this exact thing. Should be ready to open fully by the fall of 2021.

Culpeper county is building a vocational tech center for purposes of this exact thing. Should be ready to open fully by the fall of 2021.
Good, because I got a 65 Buick Skylark GS convertible that needs mechanical work! Nothing like that here in the NoVA area that I am aware of. Culpeper is only about an hour or so from me.

Reactions: OCBoy
Good, because I got a 65 Buick Skylark GS convertible that needs mechanical work! Nothing like that here in the NoVA area that I am aware of. Culpeper is only about an hour or so from me.
I believe it may be finished in January but who knows what punch list stuff has to happen

- I have worked in the trades and trades pay well two kids through college good retirement- built and got a great life - but you have to do things most younger folks (myself included when I was 19-25) don’t want to do - get up early and work - be responsible to do a job right and do it again and again and again day in day out- get your ass chewed when you deserve it (sometimes not) take your licken and keep on tickin - most kids today are taught that if you don’t have college you fail - if you work in a blue collar job you are a failure -especially in the northern region- when did hard work and pride in a craft lose its national appreciation -

- my personal experience is that young people who have nothing and earn it appreciate it all -they don’t want to get up at 4:30 and go do the work but they take pride and appreciate they are doing what needs to be done - those who have opportunity and work for nothing (face it a 3.0 from McLean HS isn’t that hard to do) - hold signs burn stuff and try to find a make believe struggle because they don’t really have one -

trade schools rock - falcon HVAC in Loudoun built a facility and a program to teach young people the trade -

1. because there is a massive shortage of workers and to keep business going they need people
2. Because there are no trade schools training anyone in their craft

owner is a smart man

to end on point - Football teaches struggle teamwork how to fight and then give a hand up or take a hand up and fight again -

damn now that’s a soapbox - sorry -

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
those that know better than I have told me that 4B football will be a different animal than all other sports and will NOT have sectionals. 4B will just use the points system and will take the top eight schools regardless of location. This is all unoffical as of now; but I think we can be safe in going with it unless we learn better.

those that know better than I have told me that 4B football will be a different animal than all other sports and will NOT have sectionals. 4B will just use the points system and will take the top eight schools regardless of location. This is all unoffical as of now; but I think we can be safe in going with it unless we learn better.
Dang, first post in this thread in over a year!! Digging up bones, EP? 🤣

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT