Total 164
OOD Base
Denbigh (4) 22
Salem (4) 22
Smithfield (4) 22
Total 66
Grand total: 230

Reactions: 1Gensfan
As a Charlottesville kid, personally I would love to see us schedule Culpeper and Eastern View more often. In the basketball world, we usually try to schedule teams up 29 but Madison won't do it and we used to play William Monroe all the time but they stopped too. We played WM in football two years ago and they haven't wanted us since. The only Culpeper-Charlottesville area battles anymore are Albemarle and Culpeper will now by playing in basketball OOD for the third straight year. That's a shame, there's some bad blood between the two areas and I think there could be some classics. EV played Charlottesville in football like five years ago and kicked our tails, but I wished that we could have played them two years ago when we were good instead of William Monroe.

EV earned my respect after their battle with Dinwiddie last year, but I do stand to say that at least in football, for the next cycle EV can keep a losing record team but try and add at least two quality competitions, I would personally try an OOD of something like North Stafford, Turner Ashby and Sherando. Heck, Spotswood is in the top 10 in Class 3 right now and they're just over the mountains in the valley. Give them a shot. Then worst case scenario EV goes 8-2 and probably still gets the #4 spot in 4B.
I’m sure their schedule is already set. If you don’t have it set by now you’re very late.

As a Charlottesville kid, personally I would love to see us schedule Culpeper and Eastern View more often. In the basketball world, we usually try to schedule teams up 29 but Madison won't do it and we used to play William Monroe all the time but they stopped too. We played WM in football two years ago and they haven't wanted us since. The only Culpeper-Charlottesville area battles anymore are Albemarle and Culpeper will now by playing in basketball OOD for the third straight year. That's a shame, there's some bad blood between the two areas and I think there could be some classics. EV played Charlottesville in football like five years ago and kicked our tails, but I wished that we could have played them two years ago when we were good instead of William Monroe.

EV earned my respect after their battle with Dinwiddie last year, but I do stand to say that at least in football, for the next cycle EV can keep a losing record team but try and add at least two quality competitions, I would personally try an OOD of something like North Stafford, Turner Ashby and Sherando. Heck, Spotswood is in the top 10 in Class 3 right now and they're just over the mountains in the valley. Give them a shot. Then worst case scenario EV goes 8-2 and probably still gets the #4 spot in 4B.
EV had Albemarle on the basketball schedule last year too but I don’t think it was ever played. There used to be some classics between Culpeper and Albemarle in basketball in the early 2000’s, so much so Culpeper had to use the middle school gym to accommodate the fans. I don’t see why EV doesn’t schedule Albemarle in football. Or even Riverbend/Massaponax. The stafford schools outside of Stafford and Mountain View won’t play EV because they are 4A.
Like I said in an earlier post I think 1-4 seeds will be the same as last year with different outcomes this year. Monacan over Louisa and EV over Dinwiddie. Will be exciting to say the least but whatever team comes out of 4B will have respect just as Louisa did last year.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
EV had Albemarle on the basketball schedule last year too but I don’t think it was ever played. There used to be some classics between Culpeper and Albemarle in basketball in the early 2000’s, so much so Culpeper had to use the middle school gym to accommodate the fans. I don’t see why EV doesn’t schedule Albemarle in football. Or even Riverbend/Massaponax. The stafford schools outside of Stafford and Mountain View won’t play EV because they are 4A.
Like I said in an earlier post I think 1-4 seeds will be the same as last year with different outcomes this year. Monacan over Louisa and EV over Dinwiddie. Will be exciting to say the least but whatever team comes out of 4B will have respect just as Louisa did last year.
How do you start a direct conversation on this site?

One more thought on scheduling. Louisa and EV do need more 5/6 teams (especially EV being they have 0 in their district). However it takes two to tango. 5/6 teams tend to be in higher densely populated areas. They don't have to travel far to fill out their schedule.

One more thought on scheduling. Louisa and EV do need more 5/6 teams (especially EV being they have 0 in their district). However it takes two to tango. 5/6 teams tend to be in higher densely populated areas. They don't have to travel far to fill out their schedule.
its the 5/6A teams that have to be convinced to play them. I don’t think it’s EV or Louisa I think it’s the bigger schools not willing to play down. I am hearing Louisa does have a power team on the schedule the next two years

Reactions: Louisadad
Go to the notification tab and click on the envelope and go from there. I think you gotta be a paying subscriber to do so
Oh...I'm not a payer. Someone started one with me in the past though. If you can do it, start one with me.

its the 5/6A teams that have to be convinced to play them. I don’t think it’s EV or Louisa I think it’s the bigger schools not willing to play down. I am hearing Louisa does have a power team on the schedule the next two years

We do have Albemarle and Orange on our schedule which are 5A schools. We have added another Higher class school and another powerful class 4 school for the next 2 years.

We do have Albemarle and Orange on our schedule which are 5A schools. We have added another Higher class school and another powerful class 4 school for the next 2 years.
I heard you guys had a Loudoun County school on schedule

King George added Orange to their schedule as well, wanting a 5a school, but they are dropping to 4a next year.

Reactions: Louisadad and OCBoy
I don’t think it’s physical conditioning. Part of playing close games is the mental and emotional conditioning it takes to handle the pressure of end game situations. Having the experience of playing in and winning close games can’t be overlooked. To me that is the value in playing good teams and a tougher schedule. You don’t have to play in those games every week but you need a few tests before playoff time. Unfortunately for EV, much of their district has taken a step back so out of district games are the only real chance for these tests. I think Louisa could have the same problem this year as the Jefferson District is way down this year and Courtland was terrible in game 1.

Just make sure all you guys are here, on this post in a couple of weeks, your gonna be looking for excuses trust me

Just make sure all you guys are here, on this post in a couple of weeks, your gonna be looking for excuses trust me
I don’t think anyone made excuses last year after Dinwiddie beat EV on a last second field goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshall-Dillon

From my understanding, Madison wanted to schedule C’ville in all sports but C’ville couldn’t make it work. They have played in basketball in the past and scrimmaged in baseball last year. Seems MC likes to try to schedule teams who can play in all sports.

From my understanding, Madison wanted to schedule C’ville in all sports but C’ville couldn’t make it work. They have played in basketball in the past and scrimmaged in baseball last year. Seems MC likes to try to schedule teams who can play in all sports.

Makes sense...whatever the case wish we could play them more! We're, what, 25 miles apart?

Reactions: OCBoy
Makes sense...whatever the case wish we could play them more! We're, what, 25 miles apart?
I do to. Easy travel. I would much rather travel to C’ville than to Woodstock or Falls Church or even Nelson Co. I think it would be even more difficult next year because if the additions to the Bull Run. Does not sound like there will be many opportunities for OOD play. Would not do C’ville any good in football right now while MC is rebuilding but MC is usually decent in the other sports.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT