ADVERTISEMENT

Region B: #4 Dinwiddie vs. #5 Eastern View

Who wins and why?

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • Eastern View

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Something special about the way Dinwiddie just grinds you down in the 2nd half. KG and hanover having an interesting game also.

Reactions: Kangarew113
EV with a nice drive and beautifully executed wheel route for a TD. 41-25 3:47 left.

EV misses the playoffs if they play PH or Hanover’s schedule. I thought they had a good team but their coaching and execution is bottom tier. Dinwiddie didn’t play their best but the game was never in question. EV did exactly what I thought they’d do, get cute with trying to catch the ball with 1 hand and throwing a 25 yard back shoulder fade to the end zone on 4th down instead of picking up the first down. Congrats Navy Nation. Should be a great game in KG next week.

Dalton and Tucker are the real deal. I enjoyed watching them run the football and I love the swing pass play.

Great seeing you @BleedingNavy.

I thought EV has some extremely talented and gritty players. I was especially impressed with #21 Butler, #52 the center, and #45 an undersized d lineman. All three are tough as old shoe leather. The QB throws a great ball and once again we had a few lapses in the secondary. Dinwiddie's run game just wears defenses out. Especially when Coach Mills is in a rhythm and calling one play after another and not substituting. It forces teams to call timeouts and drag arse. Proud, but not pleased. Have to step it up another notch next week. Let's get ready to go Fix hunting Navy Nation .

EV misses the playoffs if they play PH or Hanover’s schedule. I thought they had a good team but their coaching and execution is bottom tier. Dinwiddie didn’t play their best but the game was never in question. EV did exactly what I thought they’d do, get cute with trying to catch the ball with 1 hand and throwing a 25 yard back shoulder fade to the end zone on 4th down instead of picking up the first down. Congrats Navy Nation. Should be a great game in KG next week.

Dalton and Tucker are the real deal. I enjoyed watching them run the football and I love the swing pass play.

Great seeing you @BleedingNavy.
Sorry I missed you Bo. I spent the game on the sidelines.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I know and Dinwiddie is almost as young. May be another three year run of EV vs. Dinwiddie in the playoffs. It happened in 2017, 2018, and 2019. It says a lot about the consistency of these two programs. I talked to several Cyclone fans after the game and let them know how much Navy Nation respected their team and fans. It's never an easy time against the Cyclones.

On another note the Broadcasting crew from Culpeper Media felt awful about the broadcast. You just can't get a good WiFi signal/speed in our press box. By the time we hard wired the computer it was too late. Peacock, Jon, and Marc are awesome guys and through the years have become my favorite broadcasting group. Fellows you are welcome anytime.

EV will be a team to keep an eye on. Beef up that schedule and establish an identity and they’ll be okay. I didn’t like coaching but who am I? You run #2, have major success and then stop? You get greedy and go for the end zone instead of utilizing the middle of the field. They made Dinwiddie’s DC’s job very easy tonight.

I just got home from Dinwiddie a little while ago. Great atmosphere. Sorry I didn't stop by the Press Box. I looked up and it looked awfully busy with about 35 minutes until kickoff and I didn't want to be awkward dropping by. I also didn't want to yet yelled up coming over the yellow chains to come upstairs.

Safe travels to King George next week. I will be there. Dinwiddie will win. Oh, and get there early. The parking lot can get a bit crazy fairly quickly.

@Virginia HS Football Fan, you should have came in up there. With the exception of stuffing a few ham rolls we had everything done by 5:30. We had to rope off certain areas to keep the kids from hanging out in blind spots. Its just a security measure to make it easier for us to keep an eye on things.

I am curious why you believe Dinwiddie will beat King George. I see it as another can you match, score for score game. The KG receivers will be a tough matchup for our young db's. Since 2020, the Foxes are an incredible 41-2 with their only losses coming in the playoffs to eventual state champions Lake Taylor, Varina, and Dinwiddie. I would think the over time loss last year and getting a rematch at home would motivate the Foxes. I will watch the KG vs Hanover game and have better idea on who may or may not win this game.

Last edited:
Good game fellas. We didn't have an answer but we gave it our all. Like I said in previous posts I think ya'll have the edge on KG. We're pulling for you!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Good season to EV. I thought that was a really good team with plenty of talent. It would probably benefit them a lot to beef up their OOD schedule. Taking a loss or 2 early in the season isn't a killer and those guys need to see the level of speed and physicality that's there in the playoffs.

@Virginia HS Football Fan, you should have came in up there. With the exception of stuffing a few ham rolls we had everything done by 5:30. We had to rope off certain areas to keep the kids from hanging out in blind spots. Its just a security measure to make it easier for us to keep an eye on things.

I am curious why you believe Dinwiddie will beat King George. I see it as another can you match, score for score game. The KG receivers will be a tough matchup for our young db's. Since 2020, the Foxes are an incredible 41-2 with their only losses coming in the playoffs to eventual state champions Lake Taylor, Varina, and Dinwiddie. I would think the over time loss last year and getting a rematch at home would motivate the Foxes. I will watch the KG vs Hanover game and have better idea on who may or may not win this game.
Next time I will come up. And those ham rolls sound awesome even though I had a hoagie at Guiseppe's, I could have had a snack. Shoutout to the PA guy. He's great. And respect for the acknowledgement of our veterans as well. Class act.

As for why I think Dinwiddie will win? The Generals are a more complete team. Even during this multi-year run of success, I personally haven't seen King George play a complete game whether it was against Varina or lowly Battlefield District types or even Dinwiddie last season.

I was telling the kids behind me last night that Dinwiddie will be just fine if they have above average to very good secondary coverage. You take King George's skilled wideouts out of the game and they will have to made adjustments. If you defend the outside pass, you'll be fine. They are a threat on the deep post though as I haven't seen anyone adequately defend it. And the medium 10 to 15 yard crossing patterns, they have a way of getting guys out in space.

As for the running game, your defensive line will be fine despite being smaller. You're quicker, can get pressure, and can force backs to bounce a play outside. I think Dinwiddie has the skill to mix and match coverages and pressure and you definitely have the coaching edge.

King George has the edge with their kicker who nailed a 45 yarder against Spotsylvania which would have been good from at least 55. I've seen him also hit a 52 yarder in warm-ups. He kicks off the turf and not the tee.

With all that being said, I think points will be scored and it could turn into a track meet. Oh...and your quarterback cannot afford to toss those loopy little flat passes or he will pay as King George had pretty good closing speed on those things. He will have to put some pop on each pass.

It should be another classic and it may be close. I think something like 42-38 Dinwiddie will be the final score.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Next time I will come up. And those ham rolls sound awesome even though I had a hoagie at Guiseppe's, I could have had a snack. Shoutout to the PA guy. He's great. And respect for the acknowledgement of our veterans as well. Class act.

As for why I think Dinwiddie will win? The Generals are a more complete team. Even during this multi-year run of success, I personally haven't seen King George play a complete game whether it was against Varina or lowly Battlefield District types or even Dinwiddie last season.

I was telling the kids behind me last night that Dinwiddie will be just fine if they have above average to very good secondary coverage. You take King George's skilled wideouts out of the game and they will have to made adjustments. If you defend the outside pass, you'll be fine. They are a threat on the deep post though as I haven't seen anyone adequately defend it. And the medium 10 to 15 yard crossing patterns, they have a way of getting guys out in space.

As for the running game, your defensive line will be fine despite being smaller. You're quicker, can get pressure, and can force backs to bounce a play outside. I think Dinwiddie has the skill to mix and match coverages and pressure and you definitely have the coaching edge.

King George has the edge with their kicker who nailed a 45 yarder against Spotsylvania which would have been good from at least 55. I've seen him also hit a 52 yarder in warm-ups. He kicks off the turf and not the tee.

With all that being said, I think points will be scored and it could turn into a track meet. Oh...and your quarterback cannot afford to toss those loopy little flat passes or he will pay as King George had pretty good closing speed on those things. He will have to put some pop on each pass.

It should be another classic and it may be close. I think something like 42-38 Dinwiddie will be the final score.
I believe Dinwiddie’s success on defense hinges on good pressure on the QB, forcing him to rush passes.

But what if you don't throw the ball???
King George will have to show balance against Dinwiddie. They can't just rely on their skill players to run 10-15 yard crossing patterns, 30 yard go's on the outside and 40 yard posts. And if Dinwiddie's defensive line can get pressure on the quarterback, one could also infer that they can also collapse on the interior to close up the run.

King George will have to show balance against Dinwiddie. They can't just rely on their skill players to run 10-15 yard crossing patterns, 30 yard go's on the outside and 40 yard posts. And if Dinwiddie's defensive line can get pressure on the quarterback, one could also infer that they can also collapse on the interior to close up the run.
If the QB is pressured, they will live or die by quick passes. Rushed, long passes will be risky at best.

Last edited:
I’ll tell you this, the wood stove is jumping. I intend to sit right here, warm and cozy, and follow football as long as I can stay awake.
If I weren't sitting upstairs tonight I might be watching from home myself. Of course I do have to ride home in my chair, so there's that.

Reactions: CavsGrad
After watching the Hanover @ KG game I came away very impressed at how Hanover ran the ball. They made timely throws that kept King George honest all night. I felt they forced a lot of passing plays in the 4th instead of staying with the run. KG was their normal selves a lot of deep passes an good running from the backs. Hanover fought for 4 Quarters they were just out athleted in the end.

After watching the Hanover @ KG game I came away very impressed at how Hanover ran the ball. They made timely throws that kept King George honest all night. I felt they forced a lot of passing plays in the 4th instead of staying with the run. KG was their normal selves a lot of deep passes an good running from the backs. Hanover fought for 4 Quarters they were just out athleted in the end.
From watching parts of both Dinwiddie and KG games, all I can say is for those that want to see a hell of a game tune into KG Dinwiddie next Fri.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT