ADVERTISEMENT

Region C breakdown

LoL. Ok. We all know what time it is when it comes to basketball. Martinsville is a threat more often than not. 15 Chips and counting!!!!

What about MVille bball this year? What are they bringing back? Mcclung and Gate City are already done with football and practicing bball so they might have a 3 week head start on Martinsville lol

Martinsville is bringing back a pretty good core of kids from last year. I don't really care much for how the kids are coached. We won't have much size but we will be quick and fast... I do believe the Dawgs will make a good run at state. Seeking 16!!!!!

Reactions: eh31
Eh, we are suppose to play Graham at the Doghouse the first game of the season (Dec 9). Don't know if we will play because you don't know how long Graham will be involved in the playoffs, but that game will show where the Dogs are at, Graham should be good this year

Reactions: eh31 and AntGZee
Hampton Roads 6, it's obvious that someone has taken your post out of context. You weren't comparing Martinsville to Appomattox. You were simply saying Martinsville was playing ok the past 3 games. Everyone knows that Martinsville isn't on Appomattox's level. Every good team in 2A has played teams with losing records, so whatever on the Bassett, Patrick Co and Dan River comment.
His opinion is as good as anyone’s.....so AntG did you attend Martinsvilles last 3 games? I doubt it so your evaluation is based on the other teams records and not the improvement that Martinsville is showing. They will be a low seed so they probably don’t win their playoff game but that doesn’t mean they aren’t playing well as of late.

Hoos19NC,
I have seen Martinsville'slast 3 games. I have also seen the improvements. I'm thinking you may have misunderstood me. Check a few posts up from Hampton Roads 6, to which he was responding too. I was also agreeing with Hampton Roads 6. You may have been reading a post I made about basketball on this thread.

Last edited:
Eh, we are suppose to play Graham at the Doghouse the first game of the season (Dec 9). Don't know if we will play because you don't know how long Graham will be involved in the playoffs, but that game will show where the Dogs are at, Graham should be good this year

Graham should be the second best team in Region D, behind Gate City. They return all but 1 contributing player from last year. His name slips my mind right now but they're bringing back one of the best scorers in the area (#12 I believe) but I think that 2 or 3 of their bball starters start on the football team so *if* Graham plays past Thanksgiving they'll be rusty and/or shorthanded by the time of that game.
Graham will always be a good fundamental team but their talented kids are now juniors and seniors instead of freshmen and sophomores so the experience should make them better. I'd say they're the SouthWest District favorite but It's a shame that they share the same region as Gate City! Lol

Will Martinsville be coming to Bluefield this year? I'd like to come check out the Bulldogs.

Reactions: AntGZee
Yes, I'm 99% sure that Martinsville is coming to Bluefield to play.

Reactions: eh31
Hoos19NC,
I have seen Martinsville'slast 3 games. I have also seen the improvements. I'm thinking you may have misunderstood me. Check a few posts up from Hampton Roads 6, to which he was responding too. I was also agreeing with Hampton Roads 6. You may have been reading a post I made about basketball on this thread.
My bad.....

It's all good Hoos19NC. I'm a Bulldawg and a Bulldawg supporter always. I bleed red and white.

If both Glenvar and Appo win this Friday.......

Glenvar will get the top seed in Region C if either Covington or CS win on Friday.

Appo will get the top seed if both Covington and CS lose and Buckingham, Heritage and Rustburg all win on Friday.
Covington plays Bath, so ....Glenvar is going to be the #1 seed.

More people get their panties in a wad over message board posts than anything else in life. some people are just too sensitive or have anger management problems.

Reactions: AntGZee
My daughter mentioned it but I'm thinking there is no bye. Sooo thought I would ask around.

There is no bye for 2A. With 8 teams in each region, 3 games will be played to get region champ, then state semis and championship. I assume 1A thru 4A is same way. Not sure about 5A and 6A.

My daughter mentioned it but I'm thinking there is no bye. Sooo thought I would ask around.

There's not a bye for AA. I think one one region in a different division had a bye last year because the didn't have enough teams

According to my calculations, Glenvar is number one seed in Region C thanks to Covington's win over Bath. All of the teams Appo needed help from won but CS lost by one to HV making the margin only .03 points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT