ADVERTISEMENT

Region D first round

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
I suspect one maybe two lower seeds win in the first round. I'm not sure who it will be but all 8 teams are quality teams despite what records show or what happened in the regular season. I'm not saying JF beats Blacksburg but I think it will be much closer than what the experts think. By experts I mean fans.

Last edited:
I suspect one maybe two lower seeds win in the first round. I'm not sure who it will be but all 8 teams are quality teams despite what records show or what happened in the regular season. I'm not saying JF beats Blacksburg but I think it will be closer than what the experts think. By experts I mean fans.
Agree, there will be some upset in 1st round, but I don’t see it being JF over Bburg.

JF does have some help in that Blacksburg hasn’t played a wishbone team more than likely. And definitely not this style of wishbone. It’s tough to defend the first time around. But bburg is loaded with talent

Reactions: freeatlast2013
JF does have some help in that Blacksburg hasn’t played a wishbone team more than likely. And definitely not this style of wishbone. It’s tough to defend the first time around. But bburg is loaded with talent
Defending the wishbone is the same as any other offense, if you’re disciplined on defense, you have a chance. It’s a matchup of speed

Reactions: freeatlast2013
Salem- it playoff time, period....
WB- has good defense and EC Glass is imploding. I think this is the easiest pick out of all the games.
GW-a great offense against a bad defense. GW going to run away with this one.
Blacksburg- I think JF can keep this one close.

WB- has good defense and EC Glass is imploding. I think this is the easiest pick out of all the games.
Amherst defense really stepped up this Friday night. Stopped Glass 4 downs inside the 5 and intercepted 3 times

WB- has good defense and EC Glass is imploding. I think this is the easiest pick out of all the ECgames.

@Pioneer 4life EC Glass imploding? Are you saying that there are internal problems with Glass?

Defending the wishbone is the same as any other offense, if you’re disciplined on defense, you have a chance. It’s a matchup of speed
Nope. That’s just sort of ignorant. It’s not at all the same as defending a pro style offense, or even a wing T or flexbone, which is the closest it gets. Sure you need to have discipline to stop any of them, but the X’s and O’s (schemes) Required to stop the wishbone are not schemes they have more than likely utilized or seen all year. And the scout team just doesn’t do it justice.

Reactions: VolNation85
I have no idea how Jefferson Forest will matchup with Blacksburg. I will say Blacksburg defensive line is very strong. They have Driscoll and Orndorff who blow things up, they have speed at LB with Vangilder, and in the secondary with Terry and Beck. Everyone knows Blacksburg can light up the scoreboard, but their defense makes it difficult to keep pace.

Nope. That’s just sort of ignorant. It’s not at all the same as defending a pro style offense, or even a wing T or flexbone, which is the closest it gets. Sure you need to have discipline to stop any of them, but the X’s and O’s (schemes) Required to stop the wishbone are not schemes they have more than likely utilized or seen all year. And the scout team just doesn’t do it justice.
Best of luck Friday night!

Reactions: jfcav1
That's the beauty about the Blacksburg-Jf game...no one knows how these teams will match-up. All I know is that the JF offense scores tons of points. They have done so against several defenses statistically better than Blacksburg. They scored 38 on a Heritage defense that had only given up 12 pts per, scored 27 on Staunton River who only gives up 13 pts per gave and scored 37 on Glass who was only giving up 16 per game. They also scored 19 on MV who is only allowing 14 per game. All of these games resulted in a JF loss but, their offense did their job, nonetheless. I know the game isn't played on paper but JF can and will score more than 28 on Blacksburg. The question is, will Jf get enough stops to pull the upset? That would be more surprising than Jf scoring a lot of points.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Agreed^ I’m not saying the chances are high that JF pulls it out by any means. I am just saying it will be interesting to see as a first time match up.

I thought JF's offensive gameplan was great.They ran 70+ plays to try to keep the ball out of Elijah Davis' hands. I think Heritage ran about 20 plays. The problem was, they couldn't stop Davis from breaking the long runs. IF they can do the same thing they did last week, but get some stops, they might have a chance. Lots of speed on that Blacksburg team though.

Charlottesville-Salem is very much like JF-Blacksburg IMO. JF and Charlottesville need to literally score so many points that the scoreboard can't show how many they have to win.

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT