VaPreps Varsity
Jun 29, 2001
Info obtained from Winchester Star.

Monday:

Tuesday:
Millbrook @ Potomac Falls at 6 p.m.

??? @ Sherando

This post was edited on 5/22 6:24 AM by Coach Milburn

Good for Millbrook. They do not have to take such a long trip this year. The Sherando match up will be interesting. Last year they ran into a team that got hot at the end of the year. The first two rounds are one and done so the pressure is on. Good luck to both teams!

Potomac Falls website has it on their schedule next Tuesday vs Millbrook at 6:00.

Region II pairings?

anyone have who the JD's 1 and 2 play, are they matched up with the Evergreen this year or is that not how's it done?

It's starting to look like this Sherando team is strongly comparing to the '99 Handley team that won AA that year.

Consider:

Handley had two 10-game winners in Hahn and Lewis.

Sherando already has two 7-0 pitchers with Bentley and Entsminger.

Interesting. Of course, the Tribe has to get there (state playoffs) first.

@21Base - Let this year's team decide their fate and legacy. Comparing them to Handley or any other Sherando team doesn't win games. Last year around this time there was the same talk. Let the kids play the game and then you can talk the talk :)

Sorry if that bothers you, aw. I would hope that the players would take control of the game themselves and not worry what us outsiders post. What I put up was not meant to bring "undue pressure" if that's what you think.

Handley hasn't had any pair of pitchers come remotely close to 10 wins in a season like Lewis and Hahn did.

And I don't imagine that Sherando has had a pair of seven-game winners (both unbeaten at that) this late in the season. But being a Sherando fan, you probably know that better than me.

I know these Warriors can win on their own. I sure am hoping for at least two Ws next week. Protect the field.

21Base nothing was meant by my comment. I think sometimes we try to compare to quickly. Once the season is over we can then try and compare based on how deep the team makes it.

''But being a Sherando fan, you probably know that better than me."?

I've never pledged any allegiance to any team in this area. I didn't go to school in this area so I support the area not a team :)

imagine that

A disagreement about Sherando, and " shocker" I am not involved! Have at it boys! On a side note, wouldn't Sherando get the winner of the bottom of the Dulles vs. bottom of the Evergreen game?

Re: imagine that

Hamspear boy you are a sneaky little instigator
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Naw me and 21Base are having friendly convo...not a lot of disagreeing...now if his name was $bigballer that would be a different story...

This post was edited on 5/23 1:34 AM by aw19752

Re: imagine that

It's cool. Like aw said, it's just a healthy and friendly debate. I like that on this board. It's certainly not personal with him, on my side.

I just dislike one dude and he's on the Group A board.
mad.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT