ADVERTISEMENT

REMATCH... Gretna travels to Appo this time !

Faith, Family, Football ! 2015 #PO1 (Power of One) That One is God first,then team playing as one for the Ones Glory !

2016 #BEL1EVE

2017 #FA17H

2018 #Strong (scripture based)

2019 #JOY (scripture based)

No parents of players nor players have ever had a issue with the good upbringing, even if its Biblical princples.

Thats the only thing that will last through the trials and tribulations of this life in this dark world. #PO1ALWAYS

Last edited:
Oh, and 2015 was a well oiled machine also, I coached them boys in youth Varsity and knew something special was gonna happen, had to wait 5 years to see it. My nephew Matt Page was QB in 15. In 2015 all its opponents was a little tougher with their rosters as in like Buckingham that went 9-1 then lost to Richlands in Playoffs. 2016 Buckingham lost about everybody. They back strong now though when healthy.

Last edited:
Had to go back and look to see why refs did not flag gretna player #52 for unsportsmanlike conduct. White hat was 10 feet away and watch him throw punches on an Appo player laying on the ground. Bad thing is it happened 2 more times only minutes later and again no flag.

Had to go back and look to see why refs did not flag gretna player #52 for unsportsmanlike conduct. White hat was 10 feet away and watch him throw punches on an Appo player laying on the ground. Bad thing is it happened 2 more times only minutes later and again no flag.
I saw the first one with the punch, the 2nd time I think Gretnas line got into it with each other

Gretna scored first TD on a kickoff return.
Yea they scored on the KO return. Appo has some backups in on that but not a lot. Then they score on some of the backups and some starters.
Appo went back to their ones to finish the game to prevent anything crazy.
Gretna has some speed for sure. 21 is quick!

Yea they got a bit dirty. Same kid in the first game towards the end was punching our kids in the balls. He should have been ejected.

Oh, and 2015 was a well oiled machine also, I coached thwm boya in youth Varsity and knew something special was gonna hapoen, had to wait 5 years to see it. My nephew Matt Page was QB in 15. In 2015 all its opponents was a little tougher with their rosters as in like Buckingham that went 9-1 then lost to Richlands in Playoffs. 2016 Buckingham lost about everybody. They back strong now though when healthy.
Dunno about that, Richlands was better in 2016 I believe but Appo ran thru them and Union whereas in 2015 it was that improbable comeback to beat Richlands. I believe Union matched up better with Appo in 2015 than 2016 but they imploded in Berryville after running thru the regular season, but in 2016 it was no contest, Appomattox did whatever they wanted.
not a slight to anyone, I jus believe 2016 was better and they ran thru everyone in 2A.

Dunno about that, Richlands was better in 2016 I believe but Appo ran thru them and Union whereas in 2015 it was that improbable comeback to beat Richlands. I believe Union matched up better with Appo in 2015 than 2016 but they imploded in Berryville after running thru the regular season, but in 2016 it was no contest, Appomattox did whatever they wanted.
not a slight to anyone, I jus believe 2016 was better and they ran thru everyone in 2A.

That 2016 Appo team was something special. Without a doubt the best team I’ve watched in 1-3A

Gretna had some great looking athletes but I really didn’t like their playcalling. Appomattox could probably win the 4A championship this year. They are very very very good and shut a very fast Gretna team down. I’m very impressed.

Gretna had some great looking athletes but I really didn’t like their playcalling. Appomattox could probably win the 4A championship this year. They are very very very good and shut a very fast Gretna team down. I’m very impressed.

I have heard that a lot this season.

That was for taking the td away that Gretna boy DID get a foot down on bounds and the three pass interference calls they didn’t call , two in end zone. One I think the Gretna crowd booed for five minutes. Never seen A player get tackled before ball ever gets there and no call. Gretna players were hot and basically after that last one just gave up. Not taking anything away from Appo but definitely not going listen to them say a word about reffing.

That was for taking the td away that Gretna boy DID get a foot down on bounds and the three pass interference calls they didn’t call , two in end zone. One I think the Gretna crowd booed for five minutes. Never seen A player get tackled before ball ever gets there and no call. Gretna players were hot and basically after that last one just gave up. Not taking anything away from Appo but definitely not going listen to them say a word about reffing.
So you are condoning punching a kid and punching in the balls for bad calls. Kid getting punched didn’t make the calls!!!!!
I’ll give you the one PI call should have been made and maybe the second. Can’t comment on the TD as it was on the other side of the field. Maybe Appo Hudl video will show.
Don’t dare condone the punching though. Like I said the kid who was getting hit wasn’t at fault.

Last edited:
No excuse for that behavior at all. Childish. Refs make and miss calls, not the players.

Yea they got a bit dirty. Same kid in the first game towards the end was punching our kids in the balls. He should have been ejected.
My suggestion to you is leave the officiating to the officials on the field. Its easy to sit back and critique any officials call but when you are out there in real time its not quite that easy to see everything.Fans in the stands tend to see what they want to see for their team.Maybe you should put on some stripes and try it your self if since you are such a expert..........

Reactions: Gridiron1960
My suggestion to you is leave the officiating to the officials on the field. Its easy to sit back and critique any officials call but when you are out there in real time its not quite that easy to see everything.Fans in the stands tend to see what they want to see for their team.Maybe you should put on some stripes and try it your self if since you are such a expert..........
Butt hurt ain’t ya bud!!!
Not hard to miss when it’s in plain view.
I ain’t referring to a Pl call like the Hawk guy on here was, in fact I even said I would have agreed with one of those calls. I told the guy beside that Gretna fans had a right to be pissed.

Yea refs make and miss calls. No they don’t, they decide ball games. I will give them a miss call every now and then. But that one PI really got me. Ref was standing right there and Gretna receiver was already knocked to the ground way before the ball got there. Ref looking right at it didn’t miss that call he made conscious decision not to call it. Appomattox fan right behind the end zone tried saying he didn’t score. His second foot toed the line he said. Lol You don’t have to get both feet down on high school so they just admitted he scored without even knowing it. What happened between two kids at least they are kids. I worry more about what that adult In striped shirt is doing to the kids. The one on our side I not only have no respect as a referee but a human being.

I can feel their pain. No one wants to see their boys lose when they feel they weren’t given a chance.
Not saying that happened here.
I’ve already said I think totally agree there should have been one PI call and possibly a second.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
That can be the case at times @Trevor_Cash, but there are egregious calls that decide games. No clue about the ones mentioned here but all games are not significant blowouts with a clearly superior team. Playoffs tend to bunch the field as you should be playing fairly equalized opponents by the regional round. A hose job at this point can and does take place at times. Again no clue about this particular game just my opinion on officiating.

I can feel their pain. No one wants to see their boys lose when they feel they weren’t given a chance.
Not saying that happened here.
I’ve already said I think totally agree there should have been one PI call and possibly a second.
As a neutral fan I thought there should’ve been a PI called before halftime and I didn’t know about the no TD that the refs said that was out of bounds in the second quarter. Point blank, Gretna could not stop the Raiders running attack and made some costly mistakes. Appomattox is a real good team and I’ll go as far to say that this team is just as good as the 2016 team. I’ve watched the big schools play all year and you’d be hard pressed to find one of those teams as good as Appomattox.

Butt hurt ain’t ya bud!!!
Not hard to miss when it’s in plain view.
I ain’t referring to a Pl call like the Hawk guy on here was, in fact I even said I would have agreed with one of those calls. I told the guy beside that Gretna fans had a right to be pissed.
But hurt ain't ya bud? Not sure what you mean by that? Had no dog in this fight. Just made a opinion on officials.Was not at game but as i said earlier if you don't like the officiating give it a try yourself .....

I tell you what.. Tre Lawing is probably the best ATH I’ve seen in the past few years. Highland Springs has an ATH playing QB who has offers from Notre Dame, UNC, VT, etc.. I think those schools need to take a look at Mr. Lawling too. I’ve seen David Wilson, I’ve seen Juan Thornhill, I’ve seen Vic Hall... Last night I seen Tre Lawing. That kid is the TRUTH.

Reactions: lyhsports
But hurt ain't ya bud? Not sure what you mean by that? Had no dog in this fight. Just made a opinion on officials.Was not at game but as i said earlier if you don't like the officiating give it a try yourself .....
No comment then for the guy complaining of PI just the guy who said a kid was getting punched on the field.
I do officiate college athletics. I know I’m not perfect and miss calls from time to time.
I wasn't complaining about “football” calls but flagrant punching.

Reactions: oldfool2
In 2015 was that BEAST team from Richlands that came to Appo where we had to make the OT comeback, Game of all Games in my book. I heard Richlands lost some key defense guys in 16. Also Richlands star reciever I believe (Howey) had to sit is State game due to discipline. On to Union, the Bears came to the Bragg for a playoff game in 15 and Appo rolled through them with ease. All in all I think both teams equalled out fairly well. I will say the 16 team haf a better Dline because many players camenout to play after we got our first championship. This year has been the worse turn out of players signing up to play since 15. Idk why but is what it is, gotta roll with what ya got.

In 2015 was that BEAST team from Richlands that came to Appo where we had to make the OT comeback, Game of all Games in my book. I heard Richlands lost some key defense guys in 16. Also Richlands star reciever I believe (Howey) had to sit is State game due to discipline. On to Union, the Bears came to the Bragg for a playoff game in 15 and Appo rolled through them with ease. All in all I think both teams equalled out fairly well. I will say the 16 team haf a better Dline because many players camenout to play after we got our first championship. This year has been the worse turn out of players signing up to play since 15. Idk why but is what it is, gotta roll with what ya got.

Richlands also list their longtime defensive coordinator in 2016, probably one of the best defensive minds in SWVA if not the state. Interestingly enough, he’s been an assistant at Graham the last two seasons.

Reactions: 19GHS87
As an Appo fan without alot of football knowledge i dont try to call a game. Like many many others sometimes even i can see a flagrant violation and get upset when it is not called. However, and i dont care what team a player is on when i see a kid getting upset and kick or punch someone i personally say their coaches are seeing it and need to sit his/her pants on the bench. The situation i spoke about earlier was flagrant and well away from the play and in midfield with no other players around to obstruct anyones view and with a white hat 5 to 10 feet away. On video review white hat appeared to be looking directly at the situation and did not make any effort to intervene or throw a flag. From that point on thjngs got chippy with two more situations occurring. Coach Smith called ALL of his bench to the sideline and addressed the WHOLE team to get their heads back where they belong. What did the Gretna coach do to help anything? Not a damn thing other than to try and quick snap a play and leave all of his starting dogs in the fight. The game was over for Gretna at this point in the 2nd half. Piss poor coaching on Gretna's part no wonder the reputation when playing at Gretna is so undesireable to say the least.

Ok, on the non calla etc. I I sewill admit the one on Appo side that we got away with, as for the others I couldnt see. Lets say they call both PI calls that still makes the score 35-28 (if both FGs are made) but who isnt to say Appo defense doesnt allow them to score as they stopped them all night with there ones, so that brings it back to35-14 if Raiders hold. For the foot inbounds, at game time speed the refs gotta call what they see, there no instant replay in Highschool. Appo still wins.

Last edited:
Dont think Appomattox could win 4A when heritage has already completely dominated them in regular season game..........

I give Javon Scruggs hands down the best ATH come through Appo IMO in many years. Thats why Scruggs is D1. Another thing I gotta consider, Tre is a Sophomore and has two more years to go, so time will tell. Javon QB''d just his Junior and Senior years but was the best FS I seen on ANY team !
Javon in my mind is tops! True gamer who could really spin the ball. Tre is still a sophomore so his better days are to come.
He throwing the ball pretty well the last few games.

Last edited:
As for throwing, Tre definetly had a arm, needs to tone it down actually on lolsome deep balls, I seen him over throw his WR speed many times, and Booker is FAST lol. All aroumd passer he has yet and I will be surprised if he can ever throw like Matt and Javon, them young men could throw every route on paper with a BULLET and on the money almost every time, they was very accurate NOTon deep balls too. (Bread basket in stride) saying Tre cant nor wont get there. He had a good deep ball in stride last night. I dont know how Tre spends his summer but I know past a QB spent a lot of time with his recievers after practice and even getting together when they had no practice to throw around. Like I said, he's a sophomore and has the potential to being a great passer like the State Champs from past. Matt was more of a pocket passer and ran when needed to to get the first down, QB sneak etc. Javon was universal, he could run and throw. As of right now running is Tres strongness 6,2 183 that has a stiff arm like a bulldozer with good vision. His throwing has definetly improved from last year and throughout this year. All in all we still got a great universal athlete. #PO1Always

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Union came to Appomattox in 2016, not 2015.

Reactions: Bo Bob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT