ADVERTISEMENT

Should Va Tech give the quality RB from Salem a chance as a walk on?

Should Va Tech give the Salem quality RB a chance as a walk on?

• Yes

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
From a talent perspective he should be able to go almost anywhere.

As someone who has experience with going to a school the size of Tech (I went to Kansas State for 2 years, best party of my life) with not much educational direction, I DO NOT recommend it!!! He may have talent, but he hasn't got a lick of sense.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
As someone who has experience with going to a school the size of Tech (I went to Kansas State for 2 years, best party of my life) with not much educational direction, I DO NOT recommend it!!! He may have talent, but he hasn't got a lick of sense.
Strong statement about a kid you don't know

Which twitter account because by many searches it seems to be a fake one floating around with approximately 35 tweets
As an educator myself I will not give out a student’s personal social media account however from what I’ve seen the on the kid’s social media (it’s his), he really needs help. Football should be one of his last priorities.

Bring Coleman Fox in as a freshman Mentor , only problem is he would mentoring his replacement. Lol One thing for sure , if Ramsey went to Tech, and was motivated in and out of the classroom , he starts next year , and would be the best RB ever to step onto the field in Blacksburg. It’s a shame he can’t see his potential , and make good decisions . Hopefully somebody gives him a chance , and he has good positive life regardless of football.

Bring Coleman Fox in as a freshman Mentor , only problem is he would mentoring his replacement. Lol One thing for sure , if Ramsey went to Tech, and was motivated in and out of the classroom , he starts next year , and would be the best RB ever to step onto the field in Blacksburg. It’s a shame he can’t see his potential , and make good decisions . Hopefully somebody gives him a chance , and he has good positive life regardless of football.
He’s good Hammy but David Wilson will hold that title for a while.

Why would anyone vote no to this? Strange

People would vote NO because they don't think the young man would do good there. It's quite simple.

There is talent and there is being a student athlete. BIG DIFFERENCE. I am not saying anything about this kid specifically, don't know a thing about him, but if anyone thinks everything should be all based on skill then THAT is STRANGE.

IF anyone with a good skill set is on a campus and student and can do the right things outside of the sports element, then of course they should give that person a shot as a walk on.

He’s arguably the best! Can’t go wrong with Jones, Suggs or Wilson. Ryan Williams wasn’t bad either. IMO David was the best just cause he could beat you on special teams, receiving or running.
Jones did all the same. I think the real reason you say Wilson is because he's from Danville like you. LOL :D

Jones did all the same. I think the real reason you say Wilson is because he's from Danville like you. LOL :D
2 great backs. Zeke Elliott wishes he was half the back either was. I will say (and not because I'm from Danville :p) that if David hadn't messed his neck up, he'd be a top 3 back right now. Though I really don't care for OBJ, they'd be one heck of an offensive duo, with Beckham at WR of course.

Reactions: VolNation85
Coached against Kevin Jones and his youth team in the championship game back in November. Stomped them and he wouldn’t even shake hands after. Big douche bag.

Coached against Kevin Jones and his youth team in the championship game back in November. Stomped them and he wouldn’t even shake hands after. Big douche bag.
My nephew played on the Bburg team. KJ’s a good guy but acted like Rec Ball is the NFL. You guys had one of the best teams I’ve seen at that age.

My nephew played on the Bburg team. KJ’s a good guy but acted like Rec Ball is the NFL. You guys had one of the best teams I’ve seen at that age.
Gotta know eastspartan. Was your team a Giles Spartans or Salem Spartans team

I don't think he will. I talked to him and I believe he just wants to get through college and pursue his career plans. I'm sure he would love more playing time, but I don't think he wants to deal with the hassle of changing schools.
Since he redshirted, he could easily transfer to another school after he graduates. Of course, he may just want to get on with his life after football and school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT