ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship, Riverheads vs Radford. Who you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but Graham would have spread you out offensively and hurt you in the air. Riverheads lost because of what many have claimed was Riverheads weakness. Lack of speed in the secondary and facing opponents that are run and run more such as Central, Poquoson and Clarke County is the same and you would have had similar results with Graham and Union because of the speed and big play. Watch the Radford and Graham game and see how many times Clark was sacked because of the defensive speed of Graham. Riverheads didn't have that kind of speed on the edge to get pressure on him. The best football team we played all year was Graham and it wasn't that close in my opinion. It's the only game we've been held to under 300 yds and in every other game, we had at least 400 yds of offense. We were the best team in the state, but close. Graham catches 2 wide open touchdown passes that their WRs simply dropped and we might not be playing against Riverheads Saturday. We had 6 more total yds in offense than Graham.

Much is about matchups and Radfords style was a bad matchup. Graham would have also been a bad matchup and I think Union would also present problems for Riverheads this year because Union had much more speed and big play and passing ability this year than years past. I'm not saying Riverheads wouldn't beat Union, but it would be close. I am saying Riverheads wouldn't beat Graham. Watch the Graham and Radford gsme and forget the final score. We were close to actually losing that football game. We won it because our run defense in the second half really stepped up.

Fair enough on the numbers point. But there was much more written prior to and on the other board about not competing with basically all of Region C or D. Matchups make fights and today Riverheads was the little brother. I will die on the hill that there wasn’t another team that was as prolific as Radford so that argument is silly. And frankly other than Union I don’t think any other defense stops Riverheads on 4th down 3 times. Much respect for that

Speaking of those other teams, Union had some diversity and a solid defense so my opinion is that would have been the other “problem” matchup. Graham while very very good were a running team that I don’t think would have been as bad of a matchup. Appo, Gretna, Glenvar and the host of other teams mentioned were good but let’s be honest and say they didn’t have a Clark, Clements or Anderson that demand attention. Central was fairly one dimensional with Forbes being their bell cow yet most of SWVA was all in on them coming back to Salem and competing against whomever the West sent. That’s kinda speaking out both sides of your mouth celebrating one teams one dimensional approach while slamming another.

With all due respect to everyone and their take on yesterday, Clark was much better then I realized and no other team had a “him” on their team. As good as CCC is, the best player on the field was Clark.
I really appreciate this take and will be the first to admit I’ve been a troll and a jerk at times. I have felt like several of “the” Radford guys were undervalued this year. When you watch people work extremely hard and back it up, it bothers you when it doesn’t get adequately recognized. I believe CCC is completely deserving of his offers and accolades. I just don’t understand how the VTs and UVAs aren’t bending over backwards to find a position on the field for #7.

I really appreciate this take and will be the first to admit I’ve been a troll and a jerk at times. have felt like several of “the” Radford guys were undervalued this year. When you watch people work extremely hard and back it up, it bothers you when it doesn’t get adequately recognized. I believe CCC is completely deserving of his offers and accolades. I just don’t understand how the VTs and UVAs aren’t bending over backwards to find a position on the field for #7.
He's been offered by UVA already. He'll play major D1 Linebacker and no surprise if he commits to UVA.

Union would have a decent chance with Riverheads due to solid line play. They also wouldn’t panic if they got down.

Graham was weaker than usual up front this year & as undisciplined as they always are Riverheads would have them in a blender. If the counter didn’t get them the 15 yard personal foul for trash talking after a TFL would.

Riverheads beats union by 7-10
Riverheads beats Graham by 14-21

Let’s not take yesterday’s game and make it in to something it wasn’t. Riverheads was still the second best team in 2A.

Reactions: Bama1985
No offense, but Graham would have spread you out offensively and hurt you in the air. Riverheads lost because of what many have claimed was Riverheads weakness. Lack of speed in the secondary and facing opponents that are run and run more such as Central, Poquoson and Clarke County is the same and you would have had similar results with Graham and Union because of the speed and big play. Watch the Radford and Graham game and see how many times Clark was sacked because of the defensive speed of Graham. Riverheads didn't have that kind of speed on the edge to get pressure on him. The best football team we played all year was Graham and it wasn't that close in my opinion. It's the only game we've been held to under 300 yds and in every other game, we had at least 400 yds of offense. We were the best team in the state, but close. Graham catches 2 wide open touchdown passes that their WRs simply dropped and we might not be playing against Riverheads Saturday. We had 6 more total yds in offense than Graham.

Much is about matchups and Radfords style was a bad matchup. Graham would have also been a bad matchup and I think Union would also present problems for Riverheads this year because Union had much more speed and big play and passing ability this year than years past. I'm not saying Riverheads wouldn't beat Union, but it would be close. I am saying Riverheads wouldn't beat Graham. Watch the Graham and Radford gsme and forget the final score. We were close to actually losing that football game. We won it because our run defense in the second half really stepped up.
Thanks for giving Graham's defense credit for playing you all well! Maybe some Tazewell folks on the other board should read your take, they're comvinced Glenvar played you harder but some people only look at the score not the stats or matchup. Congratulations, I'm thrilled y'all beat the Riverheads & completed a perfect season! West is best! The 2A winner for two years in a row, undefeated champions! 🏆

Last edited:
Union would have a decent chance with Riverheads due to solid line play. They also wouldn’t panic if they got down.

Graham was weaker than usual up front this year & as undisciplined as they always are Riverheads would have them in a blender. If the counter didn’t get them the 15 yard personal foul for trash talking after a TFL would.

Let’s not take yesterday’s game and make it in to something it wasn’t. Riverheads was still the second best team in 2A.
No offense, but I watched every Radford game this year. We played Riverheads and Graham. Graham was far superior. And we should take yesterday's game and make it into something it was. What is was.....we handled a good Riverheads team far easier than what we did Graham. That's kind of....exactly what it was.

Landen Clark is the best player in 2A and Charlie Davis is the best defender. I knew it 6 weeks ago but no one wanted to hear that take. Riverheads would be the 4/5 best team in C or D. Where is sixc

I think I mentioned the Riverheads team of 5 years was really good, today’s team without CCC yeah 5-5. Galax just won state 7-6. Radford has beaten Galax more times than Galax has beaten them. I have been watching Radford football for 49 years and outside of the Tommy Edward’s team and the 1986 team this was right there with them
We need to schedule some of the almighty c and d and clear this crap up.

Nope no they weren’t. I think the ranking pretty much all season was accurate. 1. Radford 2. Graham 3. Union 4. Riverheads. Riverheads doesn’t pass the eye test. Coming from a Radford fan here, Graham beat themselves. 2 bad punts and 2 dropped passes. Nothing against Graham’s coach either but he was too conservative. Graham had athleticism to match Radford. Outside of CCC, Riverheads couldn’t match Radford. Radford looked like Gretna with Vic Hall. No insult to anyone here but Radford would have been here (state) last season but the defense played a different style. Radford hired a new defensive coordinator and it showed in game one. Last season the thought was Radford would out score everyone, that doesn’t work. They learned from that mistake and improved despite losing 2 D1 players.

Did I just read someone state RH would beat Graham by 14-21!? Again, this has to be satire. I’ve watched Union, RH, Graham, and Radford in person. Radford and Graham are very comparable, no disrespect to Radford. Union is right there with them, but a step below. IMO, RH is a level below these 3 teams. I do believe RH could keep it closer than people think, strictly due to their style of play.

Fair enough on the numbers point. But there was much more written prior to and on the other board about not competing with basically all of Region C or D. Matchups make fights and today Riverheads was the little brother. I will die on the hill that there wasn’t another team that was as prolific as Radford so that argument is silly. And frankly other than Union I don’t think any other defense stops Riverheads on 4th down 3 times. Much respect for that

Speaking of those other teams, Union had some diversity and a solid defense so my opinion is that would have been the other “problem” matchup. Graham while very very good were a running team that I don’t think would have been as bad of a matchup. Appo, Gretna, Glenvar and the host of other teams mentioned were good but let’s be honest and say they didn’t have a Clark, Clements or Anderson that demand attention. Central was fairly one dimensional with Forbes being their bell cow yet most of SWVA was all in on them coming back to Salem and competing against whomever the West sent. That’s kinda speaking out both sides of your mouth celebrating one teams one dimensional approach while slamming another.

With all due respect to everyone and their take on yesterday, Clark was much better then I realized and no other team had a “him” on their team. As good as CCC is, the best player on the field was Clark.
We’ll said. I can’t think of any COACH who wouldn’t have loved to of been on Salem yesterday. People can talk on here and offer opinions about a team’s offense or defense or whatever, unless you spend 60 plus hours per week planning, film study, preparation of practice plans, washing practice gear and game clothing, and doing the off-season work, then don’t make critical statements about an offense being antiquated or a defense not to your liking- Please don’t judge. You can pay your admission fees. Stand along the sideline fence, or sit in the bleachers, or go on here and be critical be of the kids on the field and the coaches and yes you have the right of free speech, but walk in a dedicated coaches shoes for a season and tell me how you like it after a 19-20 week season. Please be respectful of all programs. Riverheads is a great program, other programs are great also, so let’s show some respect. One other thought - Where were all the Region B/A haters just a few years ago when Goochland, Grenta, King William, Essex, from Region A and B were winning championship’s. Didn’t see any of their people hating on opponents or maybe there was one from a certain school who hated the wing t and double wing because he loved the spread.

We’ll said. I can’t think of any COACH who wouldn’t have loved to of been on Salem yesterday. People can talk on here and offer opinions about a team’s offense or defense or whatever, unless you spend 60 plus hours per week planning, film study, preparation of practice plans, washing practice gear and game clothing, and doing the off-season work, then don’t make critical statements about an offense being antiquated or a defense not to your liking- Please don’t judge. You can pay your admission fees. Stand along the sideline fence, or sit in the bleachers, or go on here and be critical be of the kids on the field and the coaches and yes you have the right of free speech, but walk in a dedicated coaches shoes for a season and tell me how you like it after a 19-20 week season. Please be respectful of all programs. Riverheads is a great program, other programs are great also, so let’s show some respect. One other thought - Where were all the Region B/A haters just a few years ago when Goochland, Grenta, King William, Essex, from Region A and B were winning championship’s. Didn’t see any of their people hating on opponents or maybe there was one from a certain school who hated the wing t and double wing because he loved the spread.
Great post!! Throw altavista in there too! Juan thornhill was a beast! Beat my Trojans twice in the championship.

Thanks for giving Graham's defense credit for playing you all well! Maybe some Tazewell folks on the other board should read your take, they're comvinced Glenvar played you harder but some people only look at the score not the stats or matchup. Congratulations, I'm thrilled y'all beat the Riverheads & completed a perfect season! West is best! The 2A winner for two years in a row, undefeated champions! 🏆
So are you insinuating that Glenvar didn’t have any mistakes?

I agree with some of the Tazewell guys on the other board in that Graham people can’t let the conversation be about anyone other than graham. Glenvar played Radford to the wire and graham didn’t so they have a point.

Also, Radford was bringing pressure all game. That has something to do with the gmen mistakes. Maybe Glenvar is just better at handling the pressure?

I am late joining the party but here are my thoughts on the day's events.

First of all, be sure to read the details about the 1-A championship. Talk about a weird way to win a 7-6 game!!!

But now about ours. The first thing I have to do is take back all the promises I made you guys all week about the weather. Not sure where today's rain came from but it certainly was not in any forecast I ever heard. However I really don't think it impacted the game.

My next gripe is about this GoFan ticket business. I don't have a problem with it being an OPTION, but today from what I saw it was a mess. It takes too much time and a lot of fans as well as the gate attendants themselves have problems with it. A much better option would be to have folks order tickets online and print them out in advance like you do for concerts. Then a very simple scan at the gate and poof you are done. But today, the lines got too long and I am quite certain there were people that missed the first score or two. Of course since when is good old cash considered a bad thing?

OK on to the game.........and by the way I am not going to get into all that enrollment business and who should be in what class. I will leave that to the rest of you.

Clearly the difference today was that Landon Clark came as advertised. And what a great name for football by the way! So I would be curious to hear from some Radford folks as to whether this was his best game of the year or was it just a case of business as usual? I know we compared this Radford team to the Eastern Montgomery team of 2010, but I sure don't remember that quarterback and that offense being anywhere near as dynamic as Radford was today.

Clark was as good a runner as he was a passer. I can specifically recall three occasions in which Riverheads had them in a third and long situation, but he broke loose and ran for the first down. One of the stories I have read already said that Radford was 11 for 11 today on third down conversions and that is an amazing statistic at any level.

His 50 yard strike just prior to halftime was a college or even pro level pass and was clearly the most important Bobcat TD of the day. If the score had only been 19-14 at the break, Riverheads would have had a better chance. Which brings me to my observations on the Gladiators' performance today.

Obviously they had no answer for Clark. But I sure don't think the Big Red was chopped liver out there today either.

CCC's rushing total was just a shade under 200 yards. Not too shabby. But as I see it, Riverheads spent the entire afternoon looking for a turnover or defensive stop that might have changed the complexion of the game and it just didn't come. When they came out of the locker room and drove straight down the field to cut the lead to 25-21, that was their best shot to get fired up on defense and make something happen to turn the tide in their favor. But Radford was just too efficient to let that happen. And speaking of efficient, I am sure you guys noticed that nobody punted today. So every possession either ended in a score, a turnover (two each by my count) or a failure to convert on fourth down.

Those two stops on fourth and one, one in each half I believe, were drive-killers for Riverheads as each one occurred well into Radford territory. So we will never know what might have happened if they had converted those fourth downs and scored on those possessions.

But if you had to hone in on the one play or one sequence that really sealed the deal today, it had to be the fumble at midfield, followed immediately by the aforementioned 50 yard bomb. The score was 19-14 at the time, and Riverheads still had all three timeouts to work with. Their offense being what it is, it might have been difficult for them to score and take the lead, but within about 15 seconds time, the game changed drastically with that fumble and Radford's gutsy call to go for the home run ball.

I see we haven't had a whole lot said about the officiating. If I had to mention one play that looked questionable and directly impacted the game, it would be the late hit called against Riverheads in the second quarter. I think they were ahead 14-13 at the time, so that call gave Radford the chance to continue that drive and take the lead for good.

Now it may very well have been a great call. I was too far away to have a clear view, but the frustrating thing about it was that the official right on top of it did NOT call it, but instead we got a delayed flag from a guy who came running up the sideline to call it. I am sure Gladiator fans recall a home game this year in which out of position officials made more calls than the ones who should have been making them.

Anyway, the best team clearly won, but Riverheads gave it the old high school try and with a break or two here and there, they still might not have won, but it could have been a lot more interesting.

As for the future, again I am not touching all that enrollment/classification business, but with each team losing its marquee player, it will be interesting to see if either or both are back in Salem next year.
As always, you have the most thorough and accurate take. As for the late hit call, I had a decent view from the Radford side. I don't think it was late, close, but I would have kept it in my pocket. The line judge was right on top of it and did not throw the flag. My opinion is that the back judge threw the flag in response to the uproar from the Bobcat fans. He wasn't even reaching until he heard us, truth be told.

7mileFord, what is your deal with Graham man? Every post you make seemingly always undercuts Graham? Why? What's the connection or what's the deal? Glenvar is our rival at Radford and I don't even talk about them the way you do Graham. It's as if you are fixated on them for some reason. Why can't you just accept from fans of the team that won the state title that played Glenvar twice, Riverheads, and Graham that the best team we played was Graham. Why does this bother you? If Riverheads were the best team we played, I would say so. If Glenvar were the best team we played, I would simply say so.

Do I know who wins if Riverheads, Graham, Radford, Union all play one another? Of course not, but I can tell just not my opinion, but many of my friends that never miss a Bobcat game, Graham was the best team we played. I don't like Glenvar much as a Radford fan. I am open about it though. If you dislike Graham, why don't you just simply say so, be open about it.

Did I just read someone state RH would beat Graham by 14-21!? Again, this has to be satire. I’ve watched Union, RH, Graham, and Radford in person. Radford and Graham are very comparable, no disrespect to Radford. Union is right there with them, but a step below. IMO, RH is a level below these 3 teams. I do believe RH could keep it closer than people think, strictly due to their style of play.
Yeah, that's some serious copium. Riverheads would not win by that much, if at all, against Graham.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Havent posted all year but been reading the banter. Where was all the hate for Central last year when they got pummeled by Graham, the they didnt belong, the one dimensional office etc, etc. I get it, its the hatred toward RH. That one dimensional pee wee offense as someone stated took us to 12 state championships winning 10. That peewee offense scored 21 against Radford, thats a few more points than that dynamic offense of Graham scored, no disrespect toward Graham intended. As for Radfords defense? We played tougher defenses during the regular season, Staunton and Central the 1st game. We rushed for close to 300 yds and 3 tds against a good Radford defense. So to say we totally got dominated is ludicrous. We still had a chance to win even as bad as our defense played, a handful of plays go the other way, dropped pick on Radfords 1st drive, fumble right before the half, and getting stopped 4th and less than 1 twice totally changed the game. Yes Radford was the better team and congratulations to them. Clark is the best player I have ever seen in person in all my years of watching high school football. As far as the we would have lost no matter who the C/D representative was? We will never know because yalls asses were sitting home yesterday. Keep hating on Riverheads. We love it. We consider it a badge of honor.

Havent posted all year but been reading the banter. Where was all the hate for Central last year when they got pummeled by Graham, the they didnt belong, the one dimensional office etc, etc. I get it, its the hatred toward RH. That one dimensional pee wee offense as someone stated took us to 12 state championships winning 10. That peewee offense scored 21 against Radford, thats a few more points than that dynamic offense of Graham scored, no disrespect toward Graham intended. As for Radfords defense? We played tougher defenses during the regular season, Staunton and Central the 1st game. We rushed for close to 300 yds and 3 tds against a good Radford defense. So to say we totally got dominated is ludicrous. We still had a chance to win even as bad as our defense played, a handful of plays go the other way, dropped pick on Radfords 1st drive, fumble right before the half, and getting stopped 4th and less than 1 twice totally changed the game. Yes Radford was the better team and congratulations to them. Clark is the best player I have ever seen in person in all my years of watching high school football. As far as the we would have lost no matter who the C/D representative was? We will never know because yalls asses were sitting home yesterday. Keep hating on Riverheads. We love it. We consider it a badge of honor.
Look sucka, u lost cause your slow defense not cauze yur offense. U playing the big boys now sucka. Teamz gonna be throwin it some. Yall don't like it when they do that down thar. Yall would get all rolled up on if u played Union Bears, Glenvar, Applemattix or the GMen. Up here in level 2, u got no rings

Reactions: MarlburlMan
Look sucka, u lost cause your slow defense not cauze yur offense. U playing the big boys now sucka. Teamz gonna be throwin it some. Yall don't like it when they do that down thar. Yall would get all rolled up on if u played Union Bears, Glenvar, Applemattix or the GMen. Up here in level 2, u got no rings
So needless 🤣🤣

Reactions: obguthr
You dont know because we havent played any of you all. By the way while we were playing for the 2A championship yesterday? Where were yall? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: AnyGivenFriday1969
If Riverheads has the same team as last year, you would not say that about them, Riverheads was down this year and still made it to the big show, Radford was just better this year. We will see if your program will be back next year, I can guarantee we will have 40 kids in the weight room Monday. Not a bad season with 477 kids playing against 825 today.
Wat would u call those seasons when they were the biggest school? U know, the past 7 years or so...

You Graham “fans” are an embarrassment to the few true, loyal fans of Graham High School. Shame on you for posting such insulting, derogatory commentary toward other schools’ fans throughout this thread.

We didn’t earn the right to compete for a state championship in 2023. Radford did and Riverheads did. It was painfully obvious that Radford was superior to both, no ifs, ands, or buts. Riverheads would have presented us with major schematic challenges that Radford did not. I mean, we essentially run the same 10 plays over and over again on offense. It’s almost as if the lower common denominator here has no concept of stylistic matchups.

Congrats to both on a highly successful season. For the Graham “fans” whining and crying and complaining on here…do better. You represent us all very poorly when you act as you do here.

You Graham “fans” are an embarrassment to the few true, loyal fans of Graham High School. Shame on you for posting such insulting, derogatory commentary toward other schools’ fans throughout this thread.

We didn’t earn the right to compete for a state championship in 2023. Radford did and Riverheads did. It was painfully obvious that Radford was superior to both, no ifs, ands, or buts. Riverheads would have presented us with major schematic challenges that Radford did not. I mean, we essentially run the same 10 plays over and over again on offense. It’s almost as if the lower common denominator here has no concept of stylistic matchups.

Congrats to both on a highly successful season. For the Graham “fans” whining and crying and complaining on here…do better. You represent us all very poorly when you act as you do here.
You joined this board just today to call out Graham fans. I highly doubt you are from Graham...just another hater for whatever reason. Heck, you might even be a second account of one of the haters already on here.

Last time I checked , (there's always a bad apple in every bunch) but most of the Graham fans on this board congratulated Radford last week, wished them luck, and congratulated them on Saturday. Didn't see whining & complaining , I've seen some conversation about different aspects of the games ,teams and coaching. I don't think that equates to complaining or whining.

The ones embarrassing themselves are the people hating and creating fake accounts at this point.

Let me say it again, Radford was the better team that day in Christiansburg and this Saturday in Salem. I'm very happy for them and completing a perfect season which Ive already said. I have great respect for them and the Radford fans on this forum. Congratulations to the Riverheads for making it to Salem too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarlburlMan
Radford hired a new defensive coordinator and it showed in game one. Last season the thought was Radford would out score everyone, that doesn’t work. They learned from that mistake and improved despite losing 2 D1 players.
Kudos to Coach Crist for realizing he needed to make some coaching changes & adjustments. This decision gave his team of very talented players the best chance for success. A team can be full of talent but if the coaching is lacking in any area, it's hard to go all the way. Congratulations to Coach Crist & staff, the players, fans on here and the community.

Didn’t mean to be combative. I’m sorry; it doesn’t help anyone. That’s my fault!

Congrats to Radford! Perfect season! Very hard to accomplish.

Congrats to all seniors who gave it their all for their respective teams. May you always hold the memories close to your heart. Enjoy the rest of your senior years.

God bless everyone & Merry Christmas!

Havent posted all year but been reading the banter. Where was all the hate for Central last year when they got pummeled by Graham, the they didnt belong, the one dimensional office etc, etc. I get it, it’s the hatred toward RH. That one dimensional pee wee offense as someone stated took us to 12 state championships winning 10. That peewee offense scored 21 against Radford, thats a few more points than that dynamic offense of Graham scored, no disrespect toward Graham intended. As for Radfords defense? We played tougher defenses during the regular season, Staunton and Central the 1st game. We rushed for close to 300 yds and 3 tds against a good Radford defense. So to say we totally got dominated is ludicrous. We still had a chance to win even as bad as our defense played, a handful of plays go the other way, dropped pick on Radfords 1st drive, fumble right before the half, and getting stopped 4th and less than 1 twice totally changed the game. Yes Radford was the better team and congratulations to them. Clark is the best player I have ever seen in person in all my years of watching high school football. As far as the we would have lost no matter who the C/D representative was? We will never know because yalls asses were sitting home yesterday. Keep hating on Riverheads. We love it. We consider it a badge of honor.

Havent posted all year but been reading the banter. Where was all the hate for Central last year when they got pummeled by Graham, the they didnt belong, the one dimensional office etc, etc. I get it, its the hatred toward RH. That one dimensional pee wee offense as someone stated took us to 12 state championships winning 10. That peewee offense scored 21 against Radford, thats a few more points than that dynamic offense of Graham scored, no disrespect toward Graham intended. As for Radfords defense? We played tougher defenses during the regular season, Staunton and Central the 1st game. We rushed for close to 300 yds and 3 tds against a good Radford defense. So to say we totally got dominated is ludicrous. We still had a chance to win even as bad as our defense played, a handful of plays go the other way, dropped pick on Radfords 1st drive, fumble right before the half, and getting stopped 4th and less than 1 twice totally changed the game. Yes Radford was the better team and congratulations to them. Clark is the best player I have ever seen in person in all my years of watching high school football. As far as the we would have lost no matter who the C/D representative was? We will never know because yalls asses were sitting home yesterday. Keep hating on Riverheads. We love it. We consider it a badge of

Don’t forget to add the touchdown pass to your offensive stats.

Good Grief.

Those were over a decade ago except for King William. And i remember people saying how weak the west was in some of those those years. Maybe theyre just giving them some of their own medicine.

Those were over a decade ago except for King William. And i remember people saying how weak the west was in some of those those years. Maybe theyre just giving them some of their own medicine.
Notice a hole lot of Region A teamz in thar and now u mixin B in with A to cover up for sorry ole B. A ain't never been the problem. B has.

Guys, probably time to end this thread which took an ugly turn. Radford is the state champs for 2023 and let's leave at that. We could go on for years and years with Riverheads, Graham, Union, Glenvar, etc on who the 2nd best team is/was. Does it really matter? No, it doesn't.

Finally, we know 2 obvious things. Graham and Riverheads are wicked good programs. We can tell by some hate for both schools by fans. When you get hate, this means your program is exactly where it needs to be and a high level program. That's where Riverheads and Graham are and both schools wouldn't change with anyone right now. Appo has got some of this hate for years due to them being the same, just a phenomenal program.

Congrats to the Bobcats. Best wishes to all programs next year. Hopefully my Bobcats can return to the Region finals, but teams like Appo, Glenvar, and Gretna will have plenty to say about that.

Loyals2uGrahamHigh ain't no Gmen fan. It's 7mile who creats another account. Nobody fooled.
3 generations of my family have Graham High School diplomas, and in a few years it’ll be 4. You’re probably one of those West Virginia carpetbaggers who act like they’ve been in the Bluefield community for 100 years but, in reality, haven’t done jack squat except post on message boards.

I made this account because folks showed me the idiotic posts others and you made. I’m tired of Graham “fans” whose collective IQs wouldn’t even make a good speed limit representing us like backwoods rednecks to the rest of the state. God knows you’d be nowhere to be found if Graham were going 3-8 like we did in the Mike Williams and Doug Marrs “eras”.

3 generations of my family have Graham High School diplomas, and in a few years it’ll be 4. You’re probably one of those West Virginia carpetbaggers who act like they’ve been in the Bluefield community for 100 years but, in reality, haven’t done jack squat except post on message boards.

I made this account because folks showed me the idiotic posts others and you made. I’m tired of Graham “fans” whose collective IQs wouldn’t even make a good speed limit representing us like backwoods rednecks to the rest of the state. God knows you’d be nowhere to be found if Graham were going 3-8 like we did in the Mike Williams and Doug Marrs “eras”.
U are 7mile and ya ain't from Graham and ya daddy didn't go to Graham and neither did ur granpappy. U are lying. Stop worryin about what ya look like 7mile. U are a Graham hater and made account cauze U hate Graham.

P.S.S and ya mommy didn't dance and daddy didn't rock n roll at Graham either

So, Mr. Graham man, if you are who you say you are, tell me who threw the winning TD pass and who caught it in the "Snow Bowl" in 1981? Also, what was the nickname of Graham's 2 linebackers on that team. Any G-men fan worth their salt would know that... Especially since you have 3 generations of G-men in your family. Who was the team Dr and what was his nickname? 90% of Graham fans know these things. Also, make a new thread for this crap!! Get back on topic. Bobcats are the best team in 2A, period.

Last edited:
Hints, the great EN at QB and EH at LB. Wantz to know the fallen defender for Dogs? All Stater Jimmy King. This GMen hater don't know it 1987GHS. He will have to go and makes some calls. Pass caught by LG

Reactions: 19GHS87
U are 7mile and ya ain't from Graham and ya daddy didn't go to Graham and neither did ur granpappy. U are lying. Stop worryin about what ya look like 7mile. U are a Graham hater and made account cauze U hate Graham.

Not me, brother. I apologized earlier in the thread. Sorry.

So, Mr. Graham man, if you are who you say you are, tell me who threw the winning TD pass and who caught it in the "Snow Bowl" in 1981? Also, what was the nickname of Graham's 2 linebackers on that team. Any G-men fan worth their salt would know that... Especially since you have 3 generations of G-men in your family. Who was the team Dr and what was his nickname? 90% of Graham fans know these things. Also, make a new thread for this crap!! Get back on topic. Bobcats are the best team in 2A, period.
Eddie Neel and Eddie Hall. How do you gentlemen take your crow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT