ADVERTISEMENT

Thanksgiving week

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Firstly, I want to congratulate the teams & communities that are still a part of the playoffs and getting to play this week. It's always a privilege to have that honor.

Secondly, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for the Preps community. I know we don't always agree or get along, but the same could be said for our families I'm sure. This community is like a family to me. I have enjoyed meeting so many of you over the years. I probably have over 20 contacts in my phone that are just from this forum, several Facebook friends, and Twitter connections. (While it exists anyway) We share a bond like family, and it has been a privilege to meet and connect with so many of you over the years.

Lastly, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for all of you and I hope you will all have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving with those you love. I hope to make the game Sat evening, so if you see me wheeling around City Stadium in my wheelchair, give me a hollar. I look forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones.

Thankful for your passion and dedication, Mike! If we could clone you and make more people like yourself, the world would be a better place. :)

Very much appreciate the loyalty and love of High School Sports from all of the readers + forum posters here on the site.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Mike, if I may, I would like to add my few words of appreciation and thanks. Like you said, some of my very best friends are found here on Virginia Preps. I won’t try to name them all, because I‘m sure to miss a few, and I wouldn’t want to do that. But, I would like to single out Matt and Danny. Though we seldom get to spent time together, we do frequently communicate and share thoughts and ideas. And Byron has quickly become part of my VaPreps family of friends. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the VaPreps experience, but mostly thank you for being my friend.

Mike, you are certainly my longest continuous friend from this forum. You and I have had the opportunity to be together a few times over the years, and each time was a memorable and treasured experience. And you could probably fill a bookcase with the words of our messages and text. You are my friend and my inspiration. For all that you are going through fighting MS, not once have you’ve ever said “why me”. In fact, you have told me exactly the opposite. God put you in this situation and He did it for a reason. If it’s to be an example for Him, you are perfectly ok in that role. You are remarkable, my friend.

As for the rest of you, and there are way, way too many to name individually, thank you for indulging me and my sometimes overly forceful opinions. It’s hard for a guy to say what I’m about to say, but guys, and gals, I honestly love you. Not just now, during this season, but everyday I am thankful for those of you that have become my friend. I know how blessed I am to have this network of friends, and I give thanks to God for bringing you into my life.

There's a lot to be thankful for and yes meeting guys from the board has been fun. @mbonape1 reminded me just said last week about the time we all got together at the Manchester vs. Monacan game and the fun we had. In 2013, I started posting on preps and met many of you including the Sherando crew in Lynchburg. I also enjoyed (no I didn't) the State final in Williamsburg and meeting a lot of other posters. I talked football with @one man at the EC Glass scrimmage years ago and he is a class act. @RKE Fan was super nice as well and @mike salem has surely become a true friend. @BoKnowsSports and his dad joined us several times, @Lafayette, and one of my favorites @DEVILSLB99. May God bless you all. Stay safe and enjoy the games this weekend.

There's a lot to be thankful for and yes meeting guys from the board has been fun. @mbonape1 reminded me just said last week about the time we all got together at the Manchester vs. Monacan game and the fun we had. In 2013, I started posting on preps and met many of you including the Sherando crew in Lynchburg. I also enjoyed (no I didn't) the State final in Williamsburg and meeting a lot of other posters. I talked football with @one man at the EC Glass scrimmage years ago and he is a class act. @RKE Fan was super nice as well and @mike salem has surely become a true friend. @BoKnowsSports and his dad joined us several times, @Lafayette, and one of my favorites @DEVILSLB99. May God bless you all. Stay safe and enjoy the games this weekend.
Thankful for you my brother. Glad you’re in good health, back on the board and enjoying the Generals’ ride. Happy Thanksgiving to all, today!

Firstly, I want to congratulate the teams & communities that are still a part of the playoffs and getting to play this week. It's always a privilege to have that honor.

Secondly, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for the Preps community. I know we don't always agree or get along, but the same could be said for our families I'm sure. This community is like a family to me. I have enjoyed meeting so many of you over the years. I probably have over 20 contacts in my phone that are just from this forum, several Facebook friends, and Twitter connections. (While it exists anyway) We share a bond like family, and it has been a privilege to meet and connect with so many of you over the years.

Lastly, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for all of you and I hope you will all have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving with those you love. I hope to make the game Sat evening, so if you see me wheeling around City Stadium in my wheelchair, give me a hollar. I look forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones.
Happy Thanksgiving Mike, and to everyone else on the boards!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT