ADVERTISEMENT

Union vs Appo - let the talk begin

The block in the back was a very iffy call but you're right.

Mitchell isn't fastest Bear tho.
I know that as you don't get to be a 1 seed because of one guy. Tomorrow will be fun to watch, hope everyone plays hard with no injuries and both sides have great fans and I am looking forward to seeing Bullitt Park at its finest.

Reactions: BigWinners
I NEVER SAID HE CAUGHT IT ON GRAVES drama king. I said he was off to the races ad it was called back on a BS penalty
Sure does look like you say it here...

I guess you missed Mitchell burning Graves early and having a 80yd TD called back for a block in the back that didn't occur.

Hmmmm... you call its being a drama king...i relate to it as “calling out bullcrap”

Reactions: HolyFrog
Sure does look like you say it here...

Hmmmm... you call its being a drama king...i relate to it as “calling out bullcrap”

Jeez you're dense. I meant it in the way that Mitchell caught a ball and was ahead of GGraves going into score.

Stick to questioning a kids heart.

I know plenty of people saw the "catch" not TD. He would have been tackled. Graves would have got him.

Did u see it yourself to confirm?

One time someone told me they seen a one leg prostitute hanging out in a parking garage in Welch, WV. I sort of believed it but I never confirmed for myself.

Jeez you're dense. I meant it in the way that Mitchell caught a ball and was ahead of GGraves going into score.

Stick to questioning a kids heart.
Nah..im gonna question your translation of word burned... that is not how people took it on board. So How is someone burned if they was never were on defense 1 on 1 with that particular play? If that is your definition of burned.... stick to watching another sport like Golf, tennis, water polo

Im not following you?

Appomattox by 80+!!! Didn't you guys know they're 2x state champs?? Union already has the basketballs out from what I heard so they're not even showing up next Saturday. i heard they're gonna let Appomattox show up at Bullit park and just let the 2015 team play the 2016 team! Any truth to that??

I'm gonna walk back this prediction since the Giles train horn showed up at Bullit Park. That's worth at least 7 points...

so Appomattox wins by 73! Didn't y'all know they're the 2x state champions?

Ugly ugly game in big stone gap.... Union’s run game almost nonexistent. Who’d a thought? No passing game..... hmmmmmm

14-0 halfway thru the first qtr

I'm following this game through WAXM on my cell. Union needs to stop the special teams stuff. Appo with opening kickoff return to the Union 35ish and punt return for TD is something Union can't have. Why? Appo has enough weapons on O and, and a special teams route will cripple Union. Union is driving offensively on the ground now with a first at the 35. They need to score and not turnover and play their game and make Appo go the length of the field to score.

Appo in a dominating first half , union lucky to be down just 20 -0 at tha half ! They are so slow and have ran about 5 plays so far right on Q to what was advertised about them ! Like I said at the beginning of this tread that won't work today and it hasn't ! They cannot be a come back team down 20 unless they bring in the one and only you know who !!!! Stabler the snake lol! 2 nd half !!

Last edited:
I believe you underestimate Unions offensive attack. It's very diverse and breaks off a lot of big plays. Owens had runs of 50 and 75 yards last week against a vert fast Graham team. Union isn't three yards and a cloud of dust.

Union better find that “diverse” offense in the second half, so far it’s been almost entirely shut down. One pass, and it was intercepted.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Appo wins !!!!!! 23-20 da raiders end that 28 game streak at that place !! Nice job !! Appo 66 and union 20 in 8 quarters of football !! Now it is our turn again to all you haters that didn't believe this team would go there and beat them bears !!! Oppp did it again see ya in Salem baby wooooooo!!!!!!
why don't you show a little class and act like you have been there before.....since when does a football game last 8 quarters.......Who cares about last year, this is this year or is 8 as far as you can count and you were trying to show how smart you were?

Appo wins !!!!!! 23-20 da raiders end that 28 game streak at that place !! Nice job !! Appo 66 and union 20 in 8 quarters of football !! Now it is our turn again to all you haters that didn't believe this team would go there and beat them bears !!! Oppp did it again see ya in Salem baby wooooooo!!!!!!
U did not seem so cocky and sure of yourself about 20 min ago. It's not the team that so many people dislike. Actually I loved those kids from Appo when I talked to them after the game. It' fans like you that ruin if for the team, but this is always how u act so who is surprised. Congrats to Union on a fine season, sounded like a great game. Sounds like Mitchell was a beast.

What ever get over it I said it's our turn if you can't take it then leave! Beenhearing it all week so don't care what you think
Our our our our our, u always have so much to do with what happens with this team dont you. Are u a player? U have been the most classless poster on this board for two years. I wonder how many times we will all see you next year??

Reactions: eh31
What ever get over it I said it's our turn if you can't take it then leave! Beenhearing it all week so don't care what you think

It has been your turn the last 3 years, nothing new.

I will say, I watched some of game on Facebook and looked like a good game. But I'm curious, why was there so many comments on there about cheating and playing dirty? I didn't see it from the video at all

MAN you singlewinger ! You just can't stand it can you ! Dude you new it was coming and I am just the first one ! It will be more coming , all I can say is come back to Salem next week and enjoy a good game , R E LEE will be a good game ! Appo has played them every year until this year at there jamboree will be a good game

Stabler I think the SWVA fans are mad because they haven’t had the power house teams like they did years ago. I think it’s too much ground and pound one dimension football in swva. It’s all about big kids and toughness. Now days speed and athleticism kills. I’m not saying every team in swva is like that but most are

But what about what the people were saying about cheating and playing dirty? What was that all about? Maybe I just couldn't see from Facebook video
They are referring to the 2 push offs on Appo receivers that wasn't called, a hold on Mitchell on the punt return for a TD that wasn't called, and the punt shift(before being set) that Union has done for years that drew Appo offsides, and was somehow called on Union. I didn't see any dirty play by the players at all.

Congrats to Appo on the win. Hope you guys had a nice trip to and stay in Big Stone Gap, enjoyed the atmosphere, and have safe travels back home.

Great game!

They are referring to the 2 push offs on Appo receivers that wasn't called, a hold on Mitchell on the punt return for a TD that wasn't called, and the punt shift(before being set) that Union has done for years that drew Appo offsides, and was somehow called on Union. I didn't see any dirty play by the players at all.

Congrats to Appo on the win. Hope you guys had a nice trip to and stay in Big Stone Gap, enjoyed the atmosphere, and have safe travels back home.

Great game!

I dont know what the difference in last 2 years vs this year for Appo, and still only seeing the video on Facebook, but what I saw was Lee will be more athletic. Not saying Lee will win, I dont know who will win, not making a prediction, but Lee is ATHLETIC EVERYWHERE.

As for the calls, I didn't see anything besides the last qtr and few minutes. Union had just scored 2nd TD. But these things seemed like they were saying it on Unions last 2 drives???

I dont know what the difference in last 2 years vs this year for Appo, and still only seeing the video on Facebook, but what I saw was Lee will be more athletic. Not saying Lee will win, I dont know who will win, not making a prediction, but Lee is ATHLETIC EVERYWHERE.

As for the calls, I didn't see anything besides the last qtr and few minutes. Union had just scored 2nd TD. But these things seemed like they were saying it on Unions last 2 drives???
Lee is a feared team that I didnt want this Lee win vs Poq. They run the spread and what I do like about them is that we have faced them 2 times in last 4 years. We know a lot about their O and D. What scares me the most is that they can throw and hit the slants, cutback routes well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stabler1980
I want to say congrats on a heck of a season. started off slow and without the Punt Return....well.....

Yalls O didnt surprise me a bit. I saw that coming and we was going to let a few big banger plays go like Mitchells TD run. What surprised me the most was the D. yalls D held their own and got through on our line at will. Scruggs could not throw the ball because he didnt have time. Great showing by Union, but Im proud of our boys going down to Bullit Park that was loud and proud of their team and coming out with win. 28 game winning streak is something to be proud of. Yall defended streak well.

Mitchell is going to be good but I know he was out of position and that is not his game, but he did it well tonight and tried his best. He did show that he will be a great player on next level...hope he goes to Tech.

Hope all my Appo fam, players, and SWVA fans get back home safe. Looking forward to many more battles in future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT