ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL moving title games to Wm&Mary

That bike race was a hot mess. Haven't heard about the Cinco De Mayo fest. Daughter is in middle of finals right now, so I guess she doesn't know about it yet either. We went to the Bluegrass Jam last month, rotten weather, but great music! Maybe we can meet up sometime!
Sounds great to me! If you're ever in the area feel free to message me on here and we can definitely meet up. I like meeting people on here!! I'll be in Richmond a lot this summer specifically for the festivals!

I doubt Liberty loses any sleep over the VHSL's decision to move their game lol...Reguardless of how you feel about Liberty, it's one of the finest institutions in America and they stand by their values.
It is the most irresponsible educational institution in America. That is why there is such a constant fight among Educators to pull their accreditation. Every year. It is the only school in America that teaches fiction over fact. They are mind wash central.

W&M has hosted national semifinals in NCAA Division 1-AA, and that was pre-renovation. As W&M is spending the money to make sure they keep up with the Joneses in the CAA, I'm sure it will be plenty suited to host a VHSL game.

Zable Stadium's current capacity - again, prior to the current renovation due to be completed in August - is 12,259. I imagine the new capacity will be over 15,000. In the eight or nine Division 4 or 4A state championship games I've attended, I'd estimate total attendance has never cracked 10,000. Most times, nowhere close. Probably the most was at JMU in '99 with Park View - Salem.

W&M is also used to handling big crowds through big-name concerts in William & Mary Hall (capacity 10,000), and little things like the G7 summit, visits from Queen Elizabeth, etc.

Don't worry, folks. W&M made it through the American Revolution and the Civil War. It can probably weather the storm of two high school football games.
Actually the 2006 game with Amherst/Louisa had over 14,000. I was there and have the video to prove it with both sides being full to capacity. My husband was even at the Living Christmas tree that same time the game was going on. He knew Amherst won because Jerry announced it during the end of the performance and said the biggest crowd ever at LU

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
The pundits who do not like LU, simply are unfamiliar with the university.
And that's why their contract will not be renewed. Because administrators and educators in VA won't endorse it. Remember, it's not the VHSL that decides not to renew the contract. Their committees are made up of Regional Admins, Principals and Ad's from around the State. They understand LU very well.

Open your eyes. Come back from under the looking glass and stop being one of Jerry's lemmings. God is great. God is good. But Jerry Falwell is in hell for how he used people and made profits in the name of Christ. They should nuke the place.

I'm curious when the last mass shooting was at Liberty University vs. the last mass shooting in Richmond.

Oh.....wait.......

Obviously everybody wants to have championship games that aren't too far off from them. To say otherwise would be a little dishonest. Yes, traveling to new venues can be fun and exciting, but most of us from the western side of the state would just as soon not have to fight our way through the chaos that is Richmond/Norfolk/DC area traffic.

Liberty University was picked, as far as I understand it, because it was about as close to the center of the state as you could get for Group 4A and 5A teams. Heaven forbid the teams in and around NOVA have to meet halfway for a title game.

Of course we could also attempt to apply some common sense to it (I know, I know.....not something you see very often) and when that time comes take a look at the two teams playing and find a suitable location halfway between those two teams and let them play at a good neutral location. Sure I like being able to see two games, but I'd rather see the two teams playing have a shot at having a great crowd and atmosphere.
Best comment yet

Actually the 2006 game with Amherst/Louisa had over 14,000. I was there and have the video to prove it with both sides being full to capacity. My husband was even at the Living Christmas tree that same time the game was going on. He knew Amherst won because Jerry announced it during the end of the performance and said the biggest crowd ever at LU

That's great. I wasn't at that one, so my comment stands.

Reactions: wikki
Sounds great to me! If you're ever in the area feel free to message me on here and we can definitely meet up. I like meeting people on here!! I'll be in Richmond a lot this summer specifically for the festivals!
You'd have to do the messaging, I'm not a paying member here. Too broke! Message me your cell and I'll text you mine. We can coordinate better that way. Or maybe DinwiddieProud could message you my info, he has it. We just haven't met up yet. UnionFan and AdvocateOfMany I have met up with.

You'd have to do the messaging, I'm not a paying member here. Too broke! Message me your cell and I'll text you mine. We can coordinate better that way. Or maybe DinwiddieProud could message you my info, he has it. We just haven't met up yet. UnionFan and AdvocateOfMany I have met up with.
DSH, I'll send you his info later this morning. I'm on the road right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT