ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL Website

VAHSFootballFan

VaPreps Rookie
Sep 8, 2017
Is VHSL ever going to bother to update their website? Classification link is still from the old cycle. It looks nice but is completely out of date. Considering they could never be bothered fixing the mistakes when it was up to date maybe I'm just titling at windmills here.

Is VHSL ever going to bother to update their website? Classification link is still from the old cycle. It looks nice but is completely out of date. Considering they could never be bothered fixing the mistakes when it was up to date maybe I'm just titling at windmills here.
I assume you mean the vhsl-reference site. It's not run by the VHSL, but it is a good source of information. Unfortunately, it's been behind the last few years.

Stopped visiting VHSL reference a couple of years ago. The local, long term fans and posters here have a better sense of what's going on in their communities. Also, i'd Love to see Matt's Coaches surveys. His info seems to be pretty spot on and more useful than just gleaning statistics from spreadsheets!

I can never find the updated alignment tables by going through their website on a mobile device. I always have to Google VHSL classification, and then I can access it. I have better luck on the desktop version of their site. Here’s a couple of links, if that helps. The first one is to the updated regional tables; The second one is for the updated district tables.

Stopped visiting VHSL reference a couple of years ago. The local, long term fans and posters here have a better sense of what's going on in their communities. Also, i'd Love to see Matt's Coaches surveys. His info seems to be pretty spot on and more useful than just gleaning statistics from spreadsheets!

I still enjoy VHSL-Reference. The last couple of years, it seems it has taken them much longer to update all the information, and last year, the updates were few and far between. I think they were having funding difficulties, if I recall correctly. It has to be a ton of work. I primarily like it because they rate all of the teams. So while it isn’t perfect, you can get a pretty good sense of how teams from different parts of the state, and different classifications compare to each other. Likewise for teams from different years.

Reactions: SFUWO
It's just about the only place you can review how a team has performed within their Classification across the whole state but beyond that, I wouldn't have much use for it.

Thanks for the info. This is just another example of how the VHSL does not do a good enough job of supporting or promoting high school athletics in Virginia. There are consistently mistakes, mis-handled situations, and a general attitude of "good enough" by this group. Our high school athletes and coaches deserve better in my opinion.

My above comment is mostly about VHSL Reference. Sorry about not being clearer. However, you point about VHSL is valid. They don't do much for a fan to research what's going on around the state. Even their power rankings are a bit hard to follow because they don't perform a simple sort within their spread sheets!

Just a suggestion, but this sounds like a marketing opportunity for a company to sponsor the additional work to allow the VHSL improve their services!?

The VHSL has been made aware of the problem. They will be updating that tab asap. They have an Executive Committee meeting tomorrow that will consume much of their time today and tomorrow. So it will probably be a few days before the editing is complete. It was an honest mistake. They thought that particular tab automatically updated from the rSchool program. If you depend on computers, and we all do, then you know that things like this happen.

The VHSL has been made aware of the problem. They will be updating that tab asap. They have an Executive Committee meeting tomorrow that will consume much of their time today and tomorrow. So it will probably be a few days before the editing is complete. It was an honest mistake. They thought that particular tab automatically updated from the rSchool program. If you depend on computers, and we all do, then you know that things like this happen.
Thanks for the info DP. Specifically they had James River Richmond confused with the James River out west for the last two years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT