ADVERTISEMENT

What teams band travels to all games?

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
I know Louisa and most of the Commonwealth district teams do but any other schools band go to all games?

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Yes Louisa does usually 2 buses for the band. We also bring 2 sometimes 3 bus loads for The Pep Buses. The Pep Bus there is a fee the cost of the ticket. Not just students also community members are allowed to ride.1 bus load of Cheerleaders and 2 buses for the football team. We do travel very well!

Yes Louisa does usually 2 buses for the band. We also bring 2 sometimes 3 bus loads for The Pep Buses. The Pep Bus there is a fee the cost of the ticket. Not just students also community members are allowed to ride.1 bus load of Cheerleaders and 2 buses for the football team. We do travel very well!
That’s outstanding support!!

Salem virtually never misses a game.
I’ll never forget the playoff game at John Champe a few years ago. The Salem band buses broke down and all of the band couldn’t make it. Well right before halftime “some” band came marching in playing as loud as they could. Great memory of a great band

Salem band one of the best bands in the state any division goes to all games unless there is a conflict with their competition schedule

Reactions: OCBoy
I know Louisa and most of the Commonwealth district teams do but any other schools band go to all games?
Do most schools require the band to march as well? Amherst band classroom participant used to have to march, now they don’t. The band is half the size because of it. I think that is ridiculous. Last year Amherst took their band to a couple of games but not unless the boosters ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
Do most schools require the band to match as well? Amherst band classroom participant used to have to march, now they don’t. The band is half the size because of it. I think that is ridiculous. Last year Amherst took their band to a couple of games but not unless the boosters ask.

Not sure how it is now but technically at Salem it was that way. If you took Symphonic Band you had to march, period. There were some kids who took Jazz that didn't march (all played football, Dennis Haley was one).

In the Bay Rivers no team takes its band to away games. Hell, at tonites New Kent’s home game against Lafayette, the New Kent band was MIA as well as the student section.

In the Bay Rivers no team takes its band to away games. Hell, at tonites New Kent’s home game against Lafayette, the New Kent band was MIA as well as the student section.

That's bizarre to me, although I realize we're spoiled here in Salem, but for NO away games? I guess money is just super tight in BRD or something?

Clarke has never traveled well, so band only does home games. Sometimes if I'm at an away game I'll sit on the home team side at halftime so I can see and hear the band better.

Do most schools require the band to march as well? Amherst band classroom participant used to have to march, now they don’t. The band is half the size because of it. I think that is ridiculous. Last year Amherst took their band to a couple of games but not unless the boosters ask.
I know the students in the band likes to go to the away games but it is not their decision unfortunately

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT