ADVERTISEMENT

Who y’all got?

If you had told me beforehand that Radford would hit 13 or 14 3s, I would've said the Dogs lost by 20+. All those 3s and the high % at the free throw line is what won this game. That and the efficiency of the Bobcats' offense. You put the ball in Q's hands and he doesn't turn it over. He was clutch tonight. Fortunately for us, this wasn't an elimination game so we live to play another day.

Radford had 10 3's Martinsville had 6. Please learn how to read box score .I've tried to tell people on this board that dunks are great but they are only worth 2 points. Give me the 3 ball and defense.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Toughy299, you're a funny guy. Makes no difference if u thought Glenvar played Radford better or not. They didn't play Dan River the nite prior either. Bottom line Radford beat us both!!!!

Lighten up, Francis. I've been riding and haven't seen a box score. I do know that they had 6 in the first quarter alone, so I was only guessing at the actual number. Martinsville sometimes tends to rely on the 3 in their games, so it's not a shocker for them to make some.

Radford had 10 3's Martinsville had 6. Please learn how to read box score .I've tried to tell people on this board that dunks are great but they are only worth 2 points. Give me the 3 ball and defense.
Mayberry you idiot. You didn't realize that 3 is more than 2, and you can't read a box score. Must be a product of the Martinsville school system. Jeez!

Glad you were impressed with a team that was down by double digits pretty much the entire game. Glenvar the night before gave Radford a better game than Martinsville. If the refs would been doing there job they would have thrown that joker of a coach they have out of the game. I thought he was going to strip at one point. The refs didn't jack all those 3's and the refs didn't blow by you the way Q blew by Martinsville players. Graham should have a easy time with this team. Now it's time for McClung ....
Why you so concerned about who I’m impressed by? I was talking to Ant and my Mville fans not you. You trolls gotta learn your place!

Glad you were impressed with a team that was down by double digits pretty much the entire game. Glenvar the night before gave Radford a better game than Martinsville. If the refs would been doing there job they would have thrown that joker of a coach they have out of the game. I thought he was going to strip at one point. The refs didn't jack all those 3's and the refs didn't blow by you the way Q blew by Martinsville players. Graham should have a easy time with this team. Now it's time for McClung ....

Didn't see either game but I've seen Cormany make an azz of himself a few times over the years as well lol, as far as GC Radfords defense will take care of them. Mac will get his but the rest will not be much help imo and if GC's defense is as bad as some claim Q will eat them up w points and assist. I'm guessing GC and Mac have one more game this year, if I'm wrong then good luck to them the rest of way. State semis should be a good one for western half. Winner will likely face a very good Lee team.

Martinsville will beat Graham by 15+.

What would lead you to that prediction? Graham has already beaten Martinsville once this year and they just beat the team that most considered the favorites to win state by 15. It also doesn’t help Martinsville that they have to travel to Tazewell County for the game.

Just wondering if you’re keeping up with 2A basketball after making that prediction?

DSH, sorry I missed you at the game bruh. Lord's will, I plan to be at VCU for the state championship. I try to go every year, weather Martinsville is there or not. I like watching these kids compete. Great atmosphere in Richmond during that time of the year.

Radford was better than my Martinsville team Saturday. Radford is a great team. Quinton is one Heck of a basketball player.
I will always rep my Bulldawgs.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
What would lead you to that prediction? Graham has already beaten Martinsville once this year and they just beat the team that most considered the favorites to win state by 15. It also doesn’t help Martinsville that they have to travel to Tazewell County for the game.

Just wondering if you’re keeping up with 2A basketball after making that prediction?
I know Martinsville loss to Graham early in the season. I believe Graham is a very good ball team but I will say that I doubt they hit 10 3’s next week. If Jeff Atkins plays that freshman and Bennett hits his shots, Martinsville is my favorite. Martinsville has really good guard play...Don’t understand why they go zone and they’re probably the most athletic team at the 2a level. They should be man to man and press all game long. Of course that wouldn’t work against QMR but at least stay in front of him. Don’t believe they’ll see a better guard all year.. Cough cough..There goes my Radford/GC prediction.

Reactions: AntGZee
DSH, sorry I missed you at the game bruh. Lord's will, I plan to be at VCU for the state championship. I try to go every year, weather Martinsville is there or not. I like watching these kids compete. Great atmosphere in Richmond during that time of the year.

Radford was better than my Martinsville team Saturday. Radford is a great team. Quinton is one Heck of a basketball player.
I will always rep my Bulldawgs.
In deed brother! Radford is a great team. QMR and #14 are deadly. The freshman for Martinsville was the difference. Kid should’ve played in the first half. He was cleaning the boards. Great basketball IQ. Boxed out and limited Miles Jones’ production. Hopefully Atkins takes note.

DSH, coach loves that 2-3. After Radford hit that 3rd trey, I would have been out of that zone. Yes, QMR is a problem on the court.....Hey it is what it is. My Dawgs have another chance to make amends. Let's see what kinda resolve they have. I believe they will show up and play hard. I do think that DR was a bit more athletic than us though.

DSH, coach loves that 2-3. After Radford hit that 3rd trey, I would have been out of that zone. Yes, QMR is a problem on the court.....Hey it is what it is. My Dawgs have another chance to make amends. Let's see what kinda resolve they have. I believe they will show up and play hard. I do think that DR was a bit more athletic than us though.
I don’t believe that River would’ve played Radford any tougher than Mville. Dawgs have better guard play IMO and they can shoot it. We also have to remember that Mville had a track meet the night prior. Pettway didn’t have the same pep in his step. As a team, they missed a lot of chip shots. They were fatigued. The Dawgs will be ready next week in Tazewell. Back in the Region IV days, the Dawgs played some good ball games up there.

Will see you there. I'll be up there for all 3 days of the tournament. Who are your picks for the other classes to win the chip? Girls and boys?

Will see you there. I'll be up there for all 3 days of the tournament. Who are your picks for the other classes to win the chip? Girls and boys?
Girls
6a- I have no clue
5a- Princess Anne
4a- Millbrook
3a- Couldn’t tell you
2a- Central
1a- I’m hopeful ARGS takes it
Boys
6a- South Lakes or Western Branch
5a-Varina
4a- Lake Taylor
3a- Northside or Hopewell
2a- Martinsville
1a- Lancaster or George Wythe

I know Martinsville loss to Graham early in the season. I believe Graham is a very good ball team but I will say that I doubt they hit 10 3’s next week. If Jeff Atkins plays that freshman and Bennett hits his shots, Martinsville is my favorite. Martinsville has really good guard play...Don’t understand why they go zone and they’re probably the most athletic team at the 2a level. They should be man to man and press all game long. Of course that wouldn’t work against QMR but at least stay in front of him. Don’t believe they’ll see a better guard all year.. Cough cough..There goes my Radford/GC prediction.

Graham prob won't hit 10 three's, but don't sleep on Martin. He's a very, very good player. Graham is an athletic, defensive team as well and I think they can score enough to win again.

The first time MHS played Graham, they had a smaller guy at guard that hit 2 very early 3s, one of which was 6 or 7 feet behind the line. I don't remember them hitting a whole bunch after those early ones.

And yes, Martin was very impressive. Great athlete with a good basketball IQ to boot.

Mayberry, I was keeping the scorebook that night and I swear the Graham guard was standing beside me when he made that one 3. Graham is very good, Martin is a load and the big guy for them is a hand full inside. Mavahi will have to play their best game of the year to stay in the game with the G-Men.

Mayberry, I was keeping the scorebook that night and I swear the Graham guard was standing beside me when he made that one 3. Graham is very good, Martin is a load and the big guy for them is a hand full inside. Mavahi will have to play their best game of the year to stay in the game with the G-Men.

Dalton is the big inside IIRC, he feasted on GC from what I gather. GCs weakness is inside and on the boards and he just killed them on the block while Martin did work on the perimeter and in the lane.

Are there any games being played at the Salem Civic Center?

To answer the question that started this thread:

I’m going with Graham. As Tony Bennett says, “defense travels”. I’d have to go with Radford as my second choice for the same reason. Undefeated seasons are rare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT