ADVERTISEMENT

Will there be a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
The first question that comes to mind is what are the rules or legalities regarding high school sports if classes are online at the beginning? I do not really know any info on this just thinking out loud.

North Carolina is more than likely moving to Phase 2 on Friday. Hopefully things start looking up over the next few weeks in Virginia.

If we start the year with online virtual classes I can not see how you can have 50-100 kids on the field with 10 - 20 coaches and managers daily. Think of all of the non social distancing that is happening during this period. During August we would have a team meeting daily with over 75 players, coaches, managers. From there lifting in the weight room, position meetings (usually 20 plus in a room) and from there practicing and all of the contact. Football by nature is a contact sport. If classes are virtual and we are not meeting how could we have football? I am just being logical. In Fairfax County they are looking at starting virtually or reduced class size - 12 in a class with desk FAR APART!! I highly doubt in Fairfax County and Northern VA we start the year on time with everyone in school doing a normal routine. Most schools in NOVA have between 2000 - 3500 students, teachers, faculty and support staff in the building at once. Average class size is around 28 -30. Hallways in NOVA are jammed and packed in most schools. Cafeteria? PE Classes have 100-200 kids in the gym usually. Right now I can not see how we start on time. I can almost guarantee you Fairfax, LC, PWC are all are not starting on time.

Reactions: falcettik
I highly doubt there will be a season. The sheer number of ppl that need to be together and in contact will be an issue.

Also NOVA schools are def not opening up on time if at all.

The number of cases in Virginia is still growing and we are now opening up the cases will see an increase. I just cant see there being a season

I highly doubt there will be a season. The sheer number of ppl that need to be together and in contact will be an issue.

Also NOVA schools are def not opening up on time if at all.

The number of cases in Virginia is still growing and we are now opening up the cases will see an increase. I just cant see there being a season
I’m not sure where you see the numbers in Virginia are increasing?! Especially,when the governor just opened the beaches,because numbers are going down. As far as nova...we can play without them! VHSL announcing a plan to start very soon from what I’ve just heard today.

not sure what your looking at boss, but these numbers are gonna jump again since they are lifting restrictions, schools may open on time, but they will not let all the kids playing sports around each other for football, all it takes is 1 kid or coach to catch it during the season, and the whole thing would be stopped, if they even let them start

I’m not sure where you see the numbers in Virginia are increasing?! Especially,when the governor just opened the beaches,because numbers are going down. As far as nova...we can play without them! VHSL announcing a plan to start very soon from what I’ve just heard today.

Reactions: LionNation540
not sure what your looking at boss, but these numbers are gonna jump again since they are lifting restrictions, schools may open on time, but they will not let all the kids playing sports around each other for football, all it takes is 1 kid or coach to catch it during the season, and the whole thing would be stopped, if they even let them start
The numbers in SC,GA,and FL have dropped since starting to reopen. Texas has announced Conditioning to start June 1st. People need to stop living in fear. No way the beaches would have opened if there was any thought of anymore of this BS getting worse.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
From what I understand the numbers will go up as we test more. There are some areas where testing is quite low.
Those numbers are low because there’s no need to test everyone. If 99 are tested and only 1 has any remote symptoms,don’t punish all 99! Why do you think other states have said...fk it...we’re reopening! ND and SC colleges have already stated,they will reopen in the fall. Money talks & BS walks!

Those numbers are low because there’s no need to test everyone. If 99 are tested and only 1 has any remote symptoms,don’t punish all 99! Why do you think other states have said...fk it...we’re reopening! ND and SC colleges have already stated,they will reopen in the fall. Money talks & BS walks!
I love the way you think Marine. I don’t have any faith in our state or local leader. Hell Lavar Stoney has the city closed and Henrico County has 2x the cases RVA has.

The numbers in SC,GA,and FL have dropped since starting to reopen. Texas has announced Conditioning to start June 1st. People need to stop living in fear. No way the beaches would have opened if there was any thought of anymore of this BS getting worse.

I mean it's going to take a couple of weeks to see the effect of reopening. It's not about living in fear it's just being realistic. Florida just had its highest testing day ever today the numbers will go up

Saturday was the 4th time VA reported over 1k new cases in a day. I wouldn't consider that dropping. NOVA is definitely being hit harder than other areas. It would be a shame to play the season without the area. I wouldn't consider a true state champion without the region

Saturday was the 4th time VA reported over 1k new cases in a day. I wouldn't consider that dropping. NOVA is definitely being hit harder than other areas. It would be a shame to play the season without the area. I wouldn't consider a true state champion without the region
Any Democrat led area is considered hit hardest! JS! Cases don’t mean squat! That’s only a minimal positive test! I call BS! Florida starts stage 2 Friday. I’m thinking people are over this farce,especially Republican led areas. South Carolina and Notre Dame have already said,students WILL return to campus in August. Texas high schoolers are starting conditioned June 1! People’s are over the fear mongering. FYI...Rings will still say State Champions without the NOVA teams!

Any Democrat led area is considered hit hardest! JS! Cases don’t mean squat! That’s only a minimal positive test! I call BS! Florida starts stage 2 Friday. I’m thinking people are over this farce,especially Republican led areas. South Carolina and Notre Dame have already said,students WILL return to campus in August. Texas high schoolers are starting conditioned June 1! People’s are over the fear mongering. FYI...Rings will still say State Champions without the NOVA teams!
North Carolina is starting phase 2 Friday as well. They’ll definitely be playing in August.

Reactions: HooSprings
I agree with this but blue areas also have more population. While I do not know Per-Capita cases, I feel those numbers would hold more stock than just cases. North Carolina is in Phase 2 and West Virginia is about to reopen restaurants and gyms at 25% capacity on Thursday (Phase 3). I believe there will be football

People are waking up. Sadly, some never will.

If virus rates are worse in higher population centers what happens if concerts, cruises, restaurants and games reopen with fans? I wonder how bad it would be if we had not shut down. There are healthcare workers suffering from mental breakdowns in some areas because of massive deaths. It is easier for people to social distance in less urban areas. Man I miss sports but life is important.

We went months and months with sports, concerts, big gatherings, etc and this virus was in our country. Hell I sat in 4 sold out gyms (1000+ people) just 1 and a half weeks before we totally shut down. I hate to be that person, but if you’re scared, don’t have your child play... If you’re scared, don’t come to the games.

Reactions: mmqp
Cases are rather meaningless. More tests, more cases. It’s hospitalizations and deaths that count. In my James City County, 757, in three months 54 hospitalizations and 15 deaths. Data has hardly moved in weeks and a population of 80,000. Sorry, not very pandemic here. Like regular flu which must disappoint some.

If virus rates are worse in higher population centers what happens if concerts, cruises, restaurants and games reopen with fans? I wonder how bad it would be if we had not shut down. There are healthcare workers suffering from mental breakdowns in some areas because of massive deaths. It is easier for people to social distance in less urban areas. Man I miss sports but life is important.
There really is not a lot of data that supports the idea that shutting down has done much to control the virus across the world. People were exposed to this for months.

I'm also worried about the people that will kill themselves due to losing jobs/income.

Cases are rather meaningless. More tests, more cases. It’s hospitalizations and deaths that count. In my James City County, 757, in three months 54 hospitalizations and 15 deaths. Data has hardly moved in weeks and a population of 80,000. Sorry, not very pandemic here. Like regular flu which must disappoint some.

And lest we forget, hospitals are coding deaths as coronavirus regardless, as Birx straight up admitted weeks ago. I have a feeling that that is where flu deaths are being tossed right now, which would explain why flu numbers are down this year.

I believe it was San Diego where out of 194 deaths coded to coronavirus, only 6 were acknowledged as being caused by the coronavirus. Yea here it is https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...iego-has-only-had-six-pure-coronavirus-deaths

From what I understand the numbers will go up as we test more. There are some areas where testing is quite low.

You are exactly right, and some of these areas where testing availability is low, are using their low case numbers to say that they are ready to open things up.
They have no idea how many of their citizens have the virus if their citizens are not able to get tested.

South Korea had the earliest most comprehensive testing and they have the lowest death rate. Early comprehensive testing results in separating those that are already infected. It is amazing to me how many people that know nothing are suddenly experts.. Opinions are different from facts. KBO baseball has started. That being said I know that people do not want facts. They want their opinion coming out of my mouth. Ignorance abounds.

You are exactly right, and some of these areas where testing availability is low, are using their low case numbers to say that they are ready to open things up.
They have no idea how many of their citizens have the virus if their citizens are not able to get tested.
Now that is using your head. You do not know and are open to other facts. That shows intelligence.

And lest we forget, hospitals are coding deaths as coronavirus regardless, as Birx straight up admitted weeks ago. I have a feeling that that is where flu deaths are being tossed right now, which would explain why flu numbers are down this year.

I believe it was San Diego where out of 194 deaths coded to coronavirus, only 6 were acknowledged as being caused by the coronavirus. Yea here it is https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...iego-has-only-had-six-pure-coronavirus-deaths
If you read the full report the supervisor is saying pure deaths, not that other people are not passing away due to complications from coronavirus but that they had other issues like high blood pressure or maybe they were over 50.. I would take the medical examiners facts from San Diego over a politicians opinion anytime.

There really is not a lot of data that supports the idea that shutting down has done much to control the virus across the world. People were exposed to this for months.

I'm also worried about the people that will kill themselves due to losing jobs/income.
Well lets open up and I want you to take your family to a concert and breathe on people and we can test it out.

Well lets open up and I want you to take your family to a concert and breathe on people and we can test it out.

It's fun to watch you leftists get bent all out of shape. Just think, two months ago you all were calling this the "boomer remover" in a celebratory way. The millisecond you realized that you yourselves might possibly get sick from it the panic set in.

The critical part is if people get the virus but do not get serious enough symptoms to go to the hospital then the situation is no more ominous than others viruses like Flu A and B which is essentially ignored each year though thousands of deaths.

Correct/ I believe in Colorado a man died of alcohol poisoning but upon death tested positive for covid-19 and he was then listed as a covid-19 death! Many stats out there are simply in error.

Correct/ I believe in Colorado a man died of alcohol poisoning but upon death tested positive for covid-19 and he was then listed as a covid-19 death! Many stats out there are simply in error.

Yep, unfortunately the problem is.. it's not an error. This is being done purposely as hospitals are getting paid more for coding deaths as coronavirus deaths.

It's fun to watch you leftists get bent all out of shape. Just think, two months ago you all were calling this the "boomer remover" in a celebratory way. The millisecond you realized that you yourselves might possibly get sick from it the panic set in.
Same people who think bandanna coverings actually prevent acquiring the virus. None used at hospitals for a reason.

Yep, unfortunately the problem is.. it's not an error. This is being done purposely as hospitals are getting paid more for coding deaths as coronavirus deaths.
I agree the stats are now becoming political depending on the color of the state.

I agree the stats are now becoming political depending on the color of the state.

I'm afraid it's been political since the beginning. Which is a true shame, lots of peoples livelihoods gone now, way deeper in debt, people not getting the non-CV related treatments in hospitals that they need, releasing rapists and murderers from prison in the name of "safety". It should piss everyone off honestly.

Check out this thread on the 1A boards and I think you'll get a glimpse of what is really at play here.
https://virginiapreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/will-there-be-games-this-fall.67380/#post-383079

I do believe things will open back up in the coming weeks as more and more people get tired of this. But my fear is it will magically return in mid-October, just in time for certain states to attempt to lock down again for certain reasons.

If you read the full report the supervisor is saying pure deaths, not that other people are not passing away due to complications from coronavirus but that they had other issues like high blood pressure or maybe they were over 50.. I would take the medical examiners facts from San Diego over a politicians opinion anytime.

If you're in a "high risk" category then you need to take it upon yourself to self quarantine. You DO NOT lock down the entire nation for such a thing. And we can thank your "medical experts" for all of their screwed up numbers putting everyone in high panic mode.

Stop relying on the government to act as your parents people.

I am an intelligent conservative. I do not form an opinion and then look for opinion makers to justify ignorance.

Well, no offense to your intelligence, but the opinions of your medical "experts" has been complete crap so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT