ADVERTISEMENT

Youth

I just read that for pretty much all of Salem’s games this year, about youth being their Achilles. I just wondered when it would stop, every team rebuilds or reloads.

I just read that for pretty much all of Salem’s games this year, about youth being their Achilles. I just wondered when it would stop, every team rebuilds or reloads.
Salem usually doesn't have this many sophs playing key roles. Just last week Salem started 2 freshman at DB with 2 soph safeties. You don't get much younger than that. I can see where you and other fans could get irritated hearing it all the time. Jf won the game. A hard fought game at that. Heck I think there were only 4 penalties and 2 were on kickoffs. Youth is not why Salem lost tonight's game. A JF kid made a great play on an extra point attempt. Play of the game.

Age matters simply put specially for salem , Salem hasn't started freshmen sophomores in years ( Look out))

Age matters simply put specially for salem , Salem hasn't started freshmen sophomores in years ( Look out))
They have started sophomores before, but I can't remember freshmen starting except for on special teams. This year for a few games at least, they had 2 freshmen and 4 Soph starting on defense. And on offense a sophomore was the second tailback in the rotation. I'm not making excuses about youth I'm just saying look out Salem will be back with a vengeance.

I think you might need to relax with the all caps, better luck next year, hopefully the young talent develops otherwise another year of the young guys didn’t quite mature.
Dont care there kids if they lose i would love them all the same .......any kid no matter the team that loves this sport and put his all in im rooting for even if im on the other side.....AGAIN ITS HIGHSCHOOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT