ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Hoyt from Salem gets offer from Pittsburgh

That's awesome, I think the reason he hadn't accepted from BYU was because of distance. Hopefully he can accept Pitt's offer since they are much closer. That's a great school and now they're in the ACC too. Congrats to him and his family! I'm hoping Isaiah, Cody, & Tyler will get FCS offers to join Austin, Coleman, and Zach with either FBS or FCS offers.
This post was edited on 1/23 7:33 PM by mike salem

Tyler is deciding between W&L and a half scholarship he received from VMI, Cody has accepted an Invited Walk-on spot to VMI, and Isaiah is deciding between what I believe is William and Mary, Richmond, and VMI

Can't wait to see what all these boys choose. I know Hoyt visited Pitt all weekend. I understand Christopher Newport has interest in Armand Goins and Devonte Womack...not able to give football scholarships but can hopefully help with academic scholarships.

Lots of boys going places after this year. Going to be a lot of fun seeing where everyone goes.

Looks like they'll have one hell of a long table for signing day. 6 potential FBS or FCS offers and maybe a few will play D3 ball. That would be awesome, hopefully the majority get scholarships, I know D3 doesn't offer athletic scholarships.

This is from memory-----98 SPARTANS
Can't remember all names but I do remember some of the positions: Maybe others can help fill in where I leave off
Q.B--Emory and Henry
TAILBACK---Virginia
Corner---Lenoir Rhyne
Kicker ----Marshall
Right Guard---Hampton
Right Tackle---Virginia Tech--invited walk on
Defensive Tackle----Gardner Webb
Center--???? I believe Emory and Henry
Wide Receiver----Virginia State
Punter---Union College

Middle Linebacker---AA defensive player of the year----chose not to continue his football career and went to Va. Tech
same for all state outside linebacker

Dennis Haley was the TB who headed to UVA. Also played LB(where he played for UVA) but he was on the '99 team so he didn't sign with the rest of these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT