ADVERTISEMENT

Another football public address announcer honored.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Dinwiddie's ONLY football announcer was surprised with the honor of having the press booth named in his honor. As you will see in the dedication posted below, Mr. Knott has had a long and distinguished career, not only in service to his beloved Dinwiddie High School, but to his County and to his Country.

As read to the fans as Mr. Knott was be honored recently:

Ladies and Gentlemen, please direct your attention to the football field for a special presentation.

Dinwiddie County began playing football on this field in the Fall of 1965. Since that date, more than 260 games have been played here. For 259 of those games, Bill Knott served as the announcer, keeping fans, players and coaches informed, entertained and in good spirits.

Bill is a lifelong resident of Dinwiddie County. Following high school here in Dinwiddie County, he served briefly in the United States Army, then obtained his college degree and returned to Dinwiddie, where he would serve as County Administrator and later an insurance agent representing and looking after the best interest of the people of Dinwiddie County.

Despite his many professional obligations and raising a family, Bill has been able to be an active supporter of sports both here in the Fall for the football season and for many years with the American Legion. He exemplifies the best qualities of the citizens of Dinwiddie County. He brings humor, fair mindedness and good sportsmanship to every game and passes it on to those who attend the games.

It is fitting and appropriate that on this night, we honor Bill for his service to Dinwiddie County, most especially to Dinwiddie High School and the football program for his service as the announcer.

Please direct your attention to the press box. From this day forward this press box will be known as the “Bill Knott Press Box.” (Lettering uncovered)

Mr. Knott is being presented with a picture of the newly named press box by Dinwiddie Athletic Director Jeff Walters and Assistant Superintendent Dr. Kari Weston. From all of Navy Nation, Thank You for your dedication to making Dinwiddie a wonderful place to enjoy high school football. You truly do represent what it means to Bleed Navy.

Dinwiddie's ONLY football announcer was surprised with the honor of having the press booth named in his honor. As you will see in the dedication posted below, Mr. Knott has had a long and distinguished career, not only in service to his beloved Dinwiddie High School, but to his County and to his Country.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please direct your attention to the football field for a special presentation.

Dinwiddie County began playing football on this field in the Fall of 1965. Since that date, more than 260 games have been played here. For 259 of those games, Bill Knott served as the announcer, keeping fans, players and coaches informed, entertained and in good spirits.

Bill is a lifelong resident of Dinwiddie County. Following high school here in Dinwiddie County, he served briefly in the United States Army, then obtained his college degree and returned to Dinwiddie, where he would serve as County Administrator and later an insurance agent representing and looking after the best interest of the people of Dinwiddie County.

Despite his many professional obligations and raising a family, Bill has been able to be an active supporter of sports both here in the Fall for the football season and for many years with the American Legion. He exemplifies the best qualities of the citizens of Dinwiddie County. He brings humor, fair mindedness and good sportsmanship to every game and passes it on to those who attend the games.

It is fitting and appropriate that on this night, we honor Bill for his service to Dinwiddie County, most especially to Dinwiddie High School and the football program for his service as the announcer.

Please direct your attention to the press box. From this day forward this press box will be known as the “Bill Knott Press Box.” (Lettering uncovered)

Mr. Knott is being presented with a picture of the newly named press box by Dinwiddie Athletic Director Jeff Walters and Assistant Superintendent Dr. Kari Weston. From all of Navy Nation, Thank You for your dedication to making Dinwiddie a wonderful place to enjoy high school football. You truly do represent what it means to Bleed Navy.
Great job DP!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
A special nod goes to the Dinwiddie AD for making this happen. I've said many times that we are fortunate to have Coach Mills and his staff at Dinwiddie, as well as the many other fine coaches and faculty sponsors that work so hard on behalf of our kids. Often overshadowed because he tries so hard to stay under the radar is our AD. He is relentless in his efforts to make all of the athletics and other activities at Dinwiddie the best possible experience they can be for the students. We are a truly blessed community.

I remember playing on that field ages ago. A few years ago my two sons played on the field as well. Mr. Knott was the announcer back then for my games and recently for my sons games. Mr. Knott was/is a class act. My favorite line is 3rd down and a half a mile. Proud to have Mr. Knott as our announcer.

I've had the pleasure of being at several games for Diniwiddie in the past and this guy is top notch. Great announcer!

On behalf of Mr. Knott, thanks guys.

He told me two things recently. He said, "when you don't know something, don't say anything". And "less is always better than more", referring to speaking on the PA system.

One thing about Mr. Knott that casual acquaintances my not be aware of, is that he has a wry, quick, sense of humor. And, he springs that on you when you least expect it. Usually catching you completely off guard.

I have had the honor and pleasure of being part of his support staff in the press booth from time to time in the last couple of years. What a privallage it has been.
I remember playing on that field ages ago. A few years ago my two sons played on the field as well. Mr. Knott was the announcer back then for my games and recently for my sons games. Mr. Knott was/is a class act. My favorite line is 3rd down and a half a mile. Proud to have Mr. Knott as our announcer.

Genandram, I just sent you a question on the forum conversation feature. Welcome to the forum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT