ADVERTISEMENT

BLAND?

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
Reports are going around on SWVA today that 3 of the players are suspended from the team and could face charges. Is this true and how will this affect the game on Friday I think it will hurt the Bears badly.

I hope they get more than a slap on the wrist for that. Inexcusable.

And I hope they're happy that they let their team down.

You have to be kidding! I am very disappointed if this occurred; disappointed in the players for their terrible bad judgement and the effect their behavior as young adults will have on their team. I really don't know what else to say at this point.

Man this is horrible for the Bears I think the had a very solid shot at beating PH tomorrow night but with some more starters being out over this foolish crap I think PH will run away with it now. I'm still gonna have hope that they pill it off but idk if they can now.

I'm not posting their names. Punishment has been handed out and hopefully this is a life lesson not only for these players but for all kids. Rumors floating around vary so I'm not commenting on the incident as I have not and have no desire to see the video. I do know this was handled by law enforcement and school administration.Hopefully the kids and coaches can overcome this and play to the best of their abilities tomorrow night.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Yeah I wouldn't want to face DH again either!
It has nothing to do with PH my hope is for the Bears I've wanted to see them do well all season and get a playoff win. I actually want PH again so we can show we can beat them handedly and play a good game against them. Humphrey is an amazing back but we can keep him out of the end zone he will get his yards no matter what but we can slow him down if we game plan the right way and not come out in a dime all night. If we see them again it will be a different game from the first one.

I believe in swift and severe punishment ! Cancel the post season for the team . Its over for them anyway !

The whole team shouldn't be punished for the actions of 2 or 3 kids and it might be over but that's why the games are played.

If the coach was a major influence in those kids lives this kind of stuff would not happen . Season over !!!!!

I believe in swift and severe punishment ! Cancel the post season for the team . Its over for them anyway !

You cannot punish the entire team for the stupidity of a few losers.

Reportedly the coaches had a local deputy and a state trooper come practice during two a days and address issues such as this, but you're probably right, you seem to know more about the situation than I.

To Bcbacker: Man I really hate that this incident has occurred at Bland Co. I am searching for words to express my disappointment that you must have at this time. No doubt, this was a shocker for you, and most of the Bears team.At this point, all you can do is show your continued support for the Bears, and keep your head high as a proud member of the Bland community. The actions of a few do not represent the feelings of your community as a whole.
Football is just a game, and many lessons in life can be learned each day by everyone close to the Bland team. My God Bless each Bear player, the Coaches, the parents, the students ,and the fans. As for the Bears tomorrow, play hard for your school and community And do not BLAME the Coach!

Last edited:
.Had someone have done something like this back in the day , they may have not seen the sun come up .Look deeper and you will fine someone has spared the rod . Those boys are scared for life !

Coach Harris is a good man. Kids screw up. I did not want names of kids on here just wondering if they were starters or just some kids that were ready for the season to be over.

Yeah, I've heard a number of stories about the things Coach Hart has done for the young men that have played for him. You don't coach in bland if you don't truly care about the kids and love the game. Generally the teams are low on numbers and out manned with an occasional run of talent such as this year. To answer your question, yes they both started on defense and one on offense. It not only impacts the position they were playing but others throughout the defense because they'll likely have to move kids around like they did against graham and galax. The only positive as far as football is that bland has been playing with players out since the second half of the Grayson game, 3 1/2 games, so others have gotten some experience.

.Had someone have done something like this back in the day , they may have not seen the sun come up .Look deeper and you will fine someone has spared the rod . Those boys are scared for life !

If we're gonna go there then it starts and stops at the parents. Period. It's not the coaches job to babysit these guys 24/7. From every thing I've heard about Bland's coach he is a good man.

The victim is scarred for life for sure. But I genuinely hope the little punks that did this are punished enough to where they'll regret ever pulling this crap.

By all indications the coach handled it well. He took it straight to his superiors and doesn't seem to be standing in the way of the actions taken. That is a stand-up guy. Not all coaches would be willing to sacrifice a win for integrity.
As for the incident itself...Kids are stupid...and don't seem to be getting any less so. I think a great lesson would be for all the bears to wear shirts that say #allyourfault tonight. Let them know how many people they let down. And then the focus can come off of the young man this happened to.

Reactions: mmqp
What an idiotic statement to say cancel the post season and to say something bad about Coach Hart. Kids make stupid mistakes, just like these young men have; hopefully they will learn from them and move on with it. I too don't put blame on the parents because they are high school kids who know right from wrong; saying its the parents is a cop-out. Coach Hart has couch hundreds of young men and I am sure influenced them in a very positive and powerful way and now a couple stupid mistakes and he is a bad coach and he's to blame. If that's how you look at it then you are living a very simple life and must live under a rock. Was it the Minnesota Vikings team and head coach because Adrian Peterson beat his son with a switch. Was it AP's parents fault. I don't hardly think so, get over yourself and understand it was the kids fault and no one else. Best of luck to the other guys on the team tonight and to coach Hart. I'm sure emotions will be high, an opportunity is given to another player; lets move on.

Reactions: mmqp
What an idiotic statement to say cancel the post season and to say something bad about Coach Hart. Kids make stupid mistakes, just like these young men have; hopefully they will learn from them and move on with it. I too don't put blame on the parents because they are high school kids who know right from wrong; saying its the parents is a cop-out. Coach Hart has couch hundreds of young men and I am sure influenced them in a very positive and powerful way and now a couple stupid mistakes and he is a bad coach and he's to blame. If that's how you look at it then you are living a very simple life and must live under a rock. Was it the Minnesota Vikings team and head coach because Adrian Peterson beat his son with a switch. Was it AP's parents fault. I don't hardly think so, get over yourself and understand it was the kids fault and no one else. Best of luck to the other guys on the team tonight and to coach Hart. I'm sure emotions will be high, an opportunity is given to another player; lets move on.
Kids do stipid stuff...last year some boys from a visiting team urinated all over the girls locker room....why....who knows....the young men in question at bland never thought about the consequences....just want to put something funny out there on social media...well it ain't that funny...and now their lives are gonna change a bit for it....they hurt themselves and their team....heard probably 2 of their best players....one minute of stupidity can last a lifetime

If the coach was a major influence in those kids lives this kind of stuff would not happen . Season over !!!!!
Have your EVER coached? Some kids do stupid stuff no matter what influence or how great a coach you are. I can think of tons of stupid kids who do stupid things at the worst possible time and they had a great coach. Frank Beamer could name a few too.

I'm glad to see Bland win, despite the kids who are in trouble the rest of the team deserves this win. You can't end a season for things that a couple players do. But I'm happy we get to play Bland because I have never seen Bland vs GW and I want to see it. Good luck and safe traveling to wytheville next week!

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
I do want to say congrats to PH on a really good season and to Dakota Humphrey on an amazing season that kid is something very special and will be a load to deal with next season.

Bright future for him that's for sure cant wait to see this game next week safe trip to you guys next week and again congrats to the BEARS!

Happy for the kids and the coaches. Been a rough week to say the least. This team deserves to be acknowledged for something besides what transpired this week.

Yes they do so many want to put this whole bunch of BS on the coaches and the rest of the team but these kids showed up tonight and played there ass off. They deserve this win!

I doubt Bland has much of a chance against GW, but if you read the comments upthread, no one thought they would beat PH. No one picked Bland in the pick 'em and many picks were made before the suspensions were meted out. This team has defied the odds and fought through injuries and suspensions. A team Bland's size can ill afford the loss of any players for any reason. I may be in Glenvar next Friday, but I'll certainly be thinking about them Bad News Bears. I think I'm going to have to add their helmet to my avatar.

Bland has a chance next week. Ever team in the playoffs have a chance. I watched Twin Springs last night. They were down 35 to 0 and they tried everything against GW they never gave up. I believe that Bland will come to Wytheville next week and play hard the whole game. But iam going with my Maroon's. The game will be close the first half with GW pulling away at the end. I see it as being GW 35 Bland 14

Seems a little low scoring there roons. Bland had to start three freshman on d last night and once Humphrey made it to the second level it was usually goodbye. I'm sure you guys have ahtletes so the match ups are going to be rough forbland. Don't know if gw has seen a qb like this freshman either.

I think the Bears will fight for the team and the season and BC don't feel bad when Humphrey hits the second level against anyone it's bye bye lol I think my MAROONS will get the win we should have more depth size and speed but ill bet we know we were just in a game with a good hard nosed team.

Blaster I agree. I thought the kids played hard defensively but bland was relying on freshmen to make plays on a hell of back. Don't know what bland can do defensively but they better come up with something

Should be a packed house next Friday night no one has to travel far and I would bet a lot of us know each other lol 2 close nit community's playing in the playoffs. I for one cant wait good luck to the Bears and safe travels to all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT