ADVERTISEMENT

Culpeper HC Gone

Sep 20, 2018
I saw last night that he took the job at PH in Ashland. He really turned that program around at Culpeper.

I saw last night that he took the job at PH in Ashland. He really turned that program around at Culpeper.
I would disagree. Getting to the semi's last year is an accomplishment, but considering the region they came out of, I wouldn't be doing cartwheels. His overall record is poor (30-50), and I think since he's been the coach they've only beaten 1 or 2 4A schools. Culpeper is playing 4A now and I'm not hopeful, depending on who they hire. There were less than 20 on the JV last year.

Reactions: Rev_Real and Senex
What system would best fit Culpepper?
I don't think a specific system is necessary. Good athletes and size are there if it's developed. You just need a coach/staff that's committed and knows what they're doing, and gets the players to buy-in to whatever system they have.

I would disagree. Getting to the semi's last year is an accomplishment, but considering the region they came out of, I wouldn't be doing cartwheels. His overall record is poor (30-50), and I think since he's been the coach they've only beaten 1 or 2 4A schools. Culpeper is playing 4A now and I'm not hopeful, depending on who they hire. There were less than 20 on the JV last year.
Back to back regional championship game appearances winning 1. He took over a program that was a mess and got it pointed in the right direction. A good run for him there man you guys are overly critical.

Back to back regional championship game appearances winning 1. He took over a program that was a mess and got it pointed in the right direction. A good run for him there man you guys are overly critical.
I don't know. You win a region where only 3 of the 8 teams had a winning record (and all 3 of those were 6-4), and then the first game out of region you get thumped. Like I said, I wouldn't be doing cartwheels. It's a regional championship on paper though. We'll see what happens next season.

Wakefield did what he had to do no doubt! He made a couple runs these last few seasons but lets not forget what region they were in. Salems jv would have won that region....

Reactions: Rev_Real
Springer, did HS initiate dropping L-D or was that something L-D asked out of? If HS is still playing Hanover, Atlee, PH in 2019...I have my answer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT