ADVERTISEMENT

Heritage 15 EC Glass 14

1MoreHokie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2005
Just caught the end of this game, was wild.

Game goes to OT at 7-7. Glass gets the ball first, takes two rushes to get it to the half-yard line. On 3rd down the TB gets the handoff and is stonewalled, actually fumbles the ball and Kendrick, being the player he is, picks the ball up off the pile of players and runs around the end for the score. Glass gets the PAT and it's now 14-7. Heritage wastes no time and quickly scores but Brad Bradley decides to end the game there and go for the win. The teams trade timeouts and finally the play gets off, #21 (QB? TB?) heads right up the gut and with a pile of players under him is able to stretch across the goalline for the win. The refs signal the score quickly but add a little suspense by conferencing before again affirming the call and giving Heritage the win.

I'm sure others that caught the whole game can fill us in on why it went to OT at 7-7 but it seemed like one heck of a game. Rivalry games are wild.

e: scrub to the end and check out OT, it's a bit better than my description.

Great game tonight. Heritage is the real deal. They came ready to play. Glass had their chances. Both teams made the city proud tonight!
Yeah it was a great game saw it on live stream heritage is a problem solid defense I can see them and hopewell in the state game finals this year

Great game tonight. Heritage is the real deal. They came ready to play. Glass had their chances. Both teams made the city proud tonight!
Both of these teams seem evenly matched. If they were to play again tomorrow, who knows

Reactions: lyhsports
Evenly matched game I don’t want to subtract from that great game. However a lot of weaknesses in both teams were highlighted tonight.

glass - secondary play (top taken off consistently) and making Kendrick win with his arm

heritage - containing the edges on defense and the intermediate passing game (qb sporadic)

Both teams have the ability to make it out of their regions but after watching the game last night each team has vulnerability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT