ADVERTISEMENT

King George at Louisa

Louisa #6 FB/LB Shelton was kicked off the team Friday before the game. This affected the defense and will hurt going forward. Hopefully he will get his act together, he's a senior. SMH.

Congrats Hoos. I know you are proud. Best wishes the rest of the way. No walk in the park left, but I can see the Lions at 10-0, or 9-1 losing at Powhatan or at the Black Nights in a close game. But, I'm not convinced that either of these are contenders yet.

Last edited:
On the bright side, the 6' 5" sophomore I've been raving about moved from OLB to MLB and will stay there, and that's what Fischer wanted him to play in the first place.

Congrats Hoos. I know you are proud. Best wishes the rest of the way. No walk in the park left, but I can see the Lions at 10-0, or 9-1 losing at Powhatan or at the Black Nights in a close game. But, I'm not convinced that either of these are contenders yet.
I've already said, Louisa is for real. Even before week 1. The OLine is strong but it's all about Bell and Whalen. You cannot stop them if they hit the line of scrimmage at speed. Only a team that can penetrate and slow them before they pick up a head of steam can keep scoring low. And here's the issue at playoff time. The Lion defense is average. They will roll through the remainder of their schedule but this will haunt them later.

The Black Knights are the Knights. Some really nice players but the team is of no consequence in the JD. Powhatan is a good program. They will always be competitive. And it was only a few years ago when it was the Indians that exposed how to beat the Andre Mealy, Dennis Johns combination. Very much like this year's Lions. There could be a surprise here. But I will still be picking the Lions.

Lions. 10 - 0. But I agree here. Not a contender till game 3 of the playoffs. It's always the same. It's not about how good you are. It's how good is the other guy.

It's Dinwiddie guys. It's Dinwiddie.

I've already said, Louisa is for real. Even before week 1. The OLine is strong but it's all about Bell and Whalen. You cannot stop them if they hit the line of scrimmage at speed. Only a team that can penetrate and slow them before they pick up a head of steam can keep scoring low. And here's the issue at playoff time. The Lion defense is average. They will roll through the remainder of their schedule but this will haunt them later.

The Black Knights are the Knights. Some really nice players but the team is of no consequence in the JD. Powhatan is a good program. They will always be competitive. And it was only a few years ago when it was the Indians that exposed how to beat the Andre Mealy, Dennis Johns combination. Very much like this year's Lions. There could be a surprise here. But I will still be picking the Lions.

Lions. 10 - 0. But I agree here. Not a contender till game 3 of the playoffs. It's always the same. It's not about how good you are. It's how good is the other guy.

It's Dinwiddie guys. It's Dinwiddie.
Actually Shauntclair , the Louisa defense is pretty good this year, a lot better than last year. They are hard to move on the line of scrimmage and have decent speed to the ball. I agree with you on the offensive side they will get tested a lot more in the playoffs if forced to pass, but agree there is not a team in there district that will do it IMO .

Saying Louisa's defense is average is giving no credit to a very good KG offense. Louisa can't be "for real" and have an "average defense" at the same time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT